Night night everyone

I hope you all rest well. And even if you can’t get to sleep I wish you will be gentle on yourself and don’t get upset. A rest in bed is good enough for now.

And for those of us who can drift off, I hope your dreams are sweet and beautiful.

Good night everyone.

8 Likes

Thats very sweet @vincent … wishing you a restful night … in whichever realm you spend it! xx :pray:

4 Likes

I hope you had a restful night aswell, I managed to get 7 hours broken sleep :partying_face:

3 Likes

Nice one Aaron! Hopefully the broken bit will be mended soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Night night all, I hope you had a lovely Friday!

5 Likes

Night night everyone … I’ve just sprayed myself plenty of passiflora … let’s see what tonight has in store for me xx :pray:

3 Likes

What does it taste like @Kaveh. I’ve read lots of scary stuff about the valarian on this forum :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Valerian wasn’t terrible (no 2 was my 2nd favoured out of the 3 ) I believe the no 2 bottle was the least favoured in the community though due to it’s taste, it was almost nutty but with a bitter aftertaste

4 Likes

I’m on number 3 of the passiflora and it tastes really quite nice. A little bit like liquorice maybe? I know some people really don’t like the taste of liquorice but I personally love it, so right up my alley :slight_smile: Although I do wonder if other people would agree with me on describing the taste like that. Still waiting on someone else to say what they think number 3 tastes like.

Although it must be said, I find taste really hard to describe if you don’t know what it is supposed to taste like. Unless it is really obviously citrus or banana or something. It comes up as one of the questions in the app, and I’m usually quite stumped on how to describe what I’m tasting…

Anyone else have that problem?

I know a woman in Twitter that tastes the words she says. Yeah I know, it’s a weird one. But she tastes people’s names. Still have gotten her to taste mine though. I’m usually too late when she does a ‘tasting session’. But her descriptions of names are great :smiley:

3 Likes

Awesome. Has she done Charlotte yet? I’ll have to look out for that. I’ve heard of this condition. People taste colours too and see names as colours. It’s incredible stuff. I think that if you are used to living that way then our world seems confusing.

2 Likes

It tastes way better for two reasons - one we are working with the full plant rather than just the roots … with valerian we worked purely with the roots. We are also working with a flavour and fragrance house this time. We have limited their pallete to natural plant extracts that don’t have synergistic effects with passiflora but I think you will definitely find one of the three to your liking (I actually do like all three of them already but I am biased … ) … and it’s interesting to hear that @vincent swears by liquorice… cause I hate liquorice and I don’t think we have it there but will double check what may be tripping the taste palettes … can’t wait for you yo receive your pack! :pray:

4 Likes

Liquorice is sooooo divisive! It’s the herbal equivalent of Marmite :laughing:
I respect it as a medicine but can’t stand it as a flavour :blush::herb:

4 Likes

What does it do as a medicine? I’d never heard of liquorice as a medicine before I think :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh boy… have you got an hour? :slight_smile:

Liquorice is really complex medicine - and of course you’ll know it because it’s so popular in the Netherlands, I forgot about that!

Well, for starters it is anti-viral, it improves immune responses, it is anti-inflammatory (partly due to the constitutent glycyrrhizin which is similar to the human hormone cortisol which inhibits the production of inflammatory prostaglandins) and in that guise great for skin conditions like psoriasis and painful eczema. It contains phytoestrogens so it can help plug the oestrogen gap for women during menopause. It is an adrenal restorative - so it helps support adrenal glands that are overworked (most people living modern lives could do with that!). It’s a great antacid, it has implications in some types of cancer, it supports liver function, and it is helpful for dry coughs.

In the Chinese and Indian (Ayurvedic) herbal traditions liquorice is often added in tiny amounts to ALL prescriptions because it’s a harmoniser - helps the herbs work better in synergy. That’s why almost all Yogi teas and many Pukka ones have liquorice in (much to my chagrin - you’ll notice all the herbal blends I develop with Twinings DON’T have it :laughing: ).

One precaution to this wonderful medicine - it can raise blood pressure when taken in the long term. It is usually only people who have high bp due to water retention, but to be safe, unless under the care of a medical herbalist (or other suitably herbally qualified person) it should be avoided.

There’s more but that’s the main gist of it :slight_smile: :herb:

3 Likes

Wishing all a restful night from a small corner of this island … :pray:

6 Likes

Hope you sleep well @Kaveh :slight_smile: and what a beautiful view !

4 Likes

It was … and I was just glancing at the BBC news (old habits) and then up popped a message subtly on the screen … I had to read it twice till I realised that’s from our sofi … she is starting to slowly take a life of her own! :pray:

4 Likes

Look at those news headings. It’s like sofi is mocking you.

5 Likes

It’s the only nice thing on the screen! :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks for the lovely explanation about liquorice @pamelaspence! I’ll continue to eat it with my usual enthusiasm then :smiley:

4 Likes