Pod 3 Passiflora taste?

Hi guys,
Has anyone else started Passiflora pod no 3? I sprayed it last night for the 1st time, i think i could taste liquorice? What did everyone else taste? Xx

4 Likes

Honestly not 100% sure what the taste is it’s sort of liquorice but not at the same time

4 Likes

It reminds me of liquorice allsorts :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Omg! I love liquorice, i cant wait to try it yum :yum:

5 Likes

It’s only slight on the liquorice but it’s there , I also adore liquorice

4 Likes

Hi Chris
Its weird what we all taste differently, i thought it had a strong liquorice taste.? Hopefully we will be told the ingredients later

5 Likes

Liquorice lovers United🥳

7 Likes

Hi @tinaspain, you should have an ingredients list printed in/on your Pioneer Pack so let me know what you think! I’ll keep the secret for now of what the flavour is actually based on! :blush: :s2_n03:

4 Likes

Oh yes Alex just checked ingredients NO LIQUORICE!
Wow im shocked, thats all i can taste, must be my tastes buds :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s why I was sure it didn’t taste of it. :joy: But it’s similar. I felt like I was getting a sort of alcohol taste almost

4 Likes

I can also confirm there is no alcohol on our sofi formulations … the method of extraction (extremely time consuming as this community knows too well :pray: ) ensures that all ethanol is fully evaporated so the finished formulation could also get certified as Kosher or Halal or any other alcohol intolerance x bit taste buds are funny things … sometimes they almost short between similar things and sometimes you can never be sure … hoping you guys like the range of passiflora flavours in S2 xx :pray:

3 Likes

I find it extremely difficult to describe the taste of S2 and S1 when we are asked when journalling as they taste nothing like anything i know, except a bit bitter. Even harder to say what bit i like, what i dont, and what would improve it :thinking: :face_with_spiral_eyes:
I can usually find some flavours to describe in a glass of wine (though not as pretentious as some listed on some bottles!), but the flavours in these pods are impossible for me to pin down other than just a bit yucky!
I can taste the grapefruit essence in Valerian. Hopefully its not concentrated enough to interfere with statins medication. That is probably a silly comment but i have wondered as grapefruit can cause problems with increased statin levels in the blood.
I do miss not being able to eat pink grapefruit for years.

1 Like

Hi Sue - I have to say I am completely with you! The grapefruit comes through, but aside from that the “notes” of the flavour are pretty hard for me to pick-up! I do feel like the smoothness of the valerian this time has improved, so that’s my go-to (whether or not it counts as a “taste” is a different matter)! :blush: :rofl:

With regard to the excellent point you raise about grapefruit, the amount used to flavour our valerian formulation is very small. More detailed information on our research is available here:

Note: Grapefruit is known to interact with some medications and should be avoided. Official advice refers to drinking grapefruit juice or eating the fruit but does not give a specific amount to avoid. The flavourings we have used for our grapefruit formulation are made from a variety of grapefruit known to be low in the furanocoumarins that cause the issue, however we are unable to test for exact levels in the final product, and these may vary from batch to batch in any case.

If you are concerned, we suggest that you speak to your healthcare provider and get their advice on whether it is advisable for you to take the valerian grapefruit formulation. You can tell them that the grapefruit extract makes up only 0.0275% of the formulation and that you are dosing 140 micrograms twice daily.

1 Like