No more sleep tonight

Worked well once but not last night went to bed around 10 but didn’t drop off till gone midnight then woke up three or four times and struggled to get back to sleep feeling rough this morning got a banging headache and my eyes hurt

4 Likes

Amazing idea! Looking at the global population here- that Treehouse could look suuuper interesting, with lanterns lit up at all hours!

4 Likes

A suggestion would maybe just be the lantern-based tree, but the chat functionality is restricted (if the impact would be negative). What I’m getting at, is that someone who is struggling to sleep simply has the ability to light up his/her/a lantern on said tree to let others know they are not alone and that there are others out there at that exact moment, also having difficulty sleeping. This would in my mind at least ease anxiety where people tend to overthink that there is something wrong with them, and in turn makes them feel isolated. Food for thought.

8 Likes

I absolutely love this @sheldonlkumm and we been discussing how we can enable this in our product roadmap. Entirely on the same wavelength on this - and thank you so much for the mindshare. :pray:

3 Likes

This is truly beautiful thinking.with insomnia for me I find worst thing to do is strike up comments in facebook or check any social media as I most definitely will be in a rabbit hole for hours!a simple lantern to let ppl your not alone is lovely

4 Likes

I would just be hours chatting in my insomnia state of stress,frustration and madness at 4am,I love the lantern idea…you guys are the best.i just had tooth pulled and soft foods for 2 weeks more after a week on antibiotics, pain has been agony,I really dont think ppl want to hear about tooth issues lol!

4 Likes

Totally agree. Sharing with @josif, @spasoje.perovic and @Kirill . Thx again :pray:

1 Like

I think that would be an amazing idea, I think lots of people would benefit from it
I know will I was up making cuppa tea at 3am. Always 3am?

4 Likes

What tea do you make @makayclaire? I know our beloved ethnobotanist has a whole tea ritual he was telling me about - @MJB can you share it with us here?

1 Like

Good question. Overall, I try to mix up the teas so as to have variety, and figure out what works best for me and when. For example, chamomile is a wonderful tea a few hours before bed, suspending anxiety and lulling one into a sleep state. Ashwagandha is another, although I usually take a dropper full of extract and put it in lukewarm water. Sometimes people use kava to lull them to sleep, but recognize that the compounds in this plant are degraded by boiling water, so, as indigenous people do in the Pacific Islands of Oceania, steep the tea bag in lukewarm water for 5 minutes, not in boiling water. And of course there is Valerian, which also seems to help me dream. Magnesium is essential for me at least, and has a very strong relaxing effect. Alcohol does interesting things to your body–at first relaxing and then a few hours later stimulating. At the same time, set and setting are essential, so no TV before bed, no thinking about the news of the day (especially these days!), be sure you are sleeping in a dark room, juggle your schedule to align with your chronobiology, skip caffeine starting after lunch (the half life is so long it will impact your ability to sleep) and think about things that make you happy. Lots of folks have other great ideas, which sometimes work for all, or sometimes only for them. Which is why n=1 is such a powerful concept.

5 Likes

This is amazing @MJB … thank you so much for sharing here! :pray:

2 Likes

Its only chamomile and honey. But I was always told when I was young and if I couldn’t sleep to get a drink of milk. I prefer the hot tea . I’d love to find out everyone else’s tea/drink habit to get you named to sleep. This will be very interesting I think.

4 Likes

That sounds awesome, I think I will for sure be looking this up more. Thank you so much for sharing.

4 Likes