No more sleep tonight

So I woke up at 3ish and that was it now 4.45 feeling tired but too much going on in my head

5 Likes

It’s very difficult to empty the mind I suffer like you at the early o’clock it’s so frustrating and it has a massive effect on our day

3 Likes

I’m currently not falling asleep until between 4 and 6 am. It’s so lonely and extremely stressful isn’t it. And most people have absolutely no idea how it feels to be a true insomniac either. Hoping you manage a better night tonight

4 Likes

Should we create a room where any Pioneer who is up can see if anyone else is up and we can keep the conversation - aim shouldn’t really be to keep folks up … but no one should feel alone. If you guys are up for it - we can either use this room and invite everyone into who’s awake at late hours? After all, that’s why we created this little house on the tree! As always, guided by you. KM

9 Likes

Great idea I think it would help

5 Likes

@alexwalkerjones can we make this the room for anyone who is awake at night time? What do you think?

2 Likes

Anyone awake in the treehouse? Should try to sleep a few more hours really! Night night x

6 Likes

Completely wide awake here :tired_face:

3 Likes

I think we can always come to the Treehouse to see if others are awake. But that might just be a further stimulus and keep me awake even more. Getting involved in conversations and such. However as the Treehouse is always open, I think it’s always a possibility for people.

However, in terms of feeling lonely and getting some feedback that you are in fact not alone on this journey, I wonder if it would be helpful to see a more visual representation of others being awake.

Maybe we can, as individuals, hang a lantern in the tree, give it a colour and attach a small note. Others could react to these lanterns with a hug, a pillow or a cup of tea for example.

Something along those lines might not get you fully involved in conversations, but will at least show you, you are not alone and awake that night.

Does that sound appealing?

11 Likes

That sounds like an amazing idea!

3 Likes

That sounds so cute!

5 Likes

Definitely a great idea @vincent :clap:t2:

5 Likes

Absolutely love it!!

3 Likes

Really like this idea and im sure i am not the only one who has been wide awake while the kids, misses and even the dogs flat out asleep While we sit trying to be quiet not to wake anyone up but would also love to have a a natter with someone.

5 Likes

have you tried meditation at that hour?

1 Like

I tried doing my core exercises for my pelvic torsion I found that stretching made me feel tired I went to sleep just like that but here I am again after just 3 hours

2 Likes

That sounds awesome @tinasmith3535
3hrs of solid sleep is fantastic and a great start to improve your sleep pattern.
Would a combination of deep-breathing / stretching / meditation help you find another 2-3 hrs of solid sleep?
Don’t be stressed about it - just try and be grateful for the experience!!
Good night!

1 Like

I might just try that thanks

2 Likes

awesome - you got this… (plus: switch off your devices and look forward to catching up with all those messages tomorrow morning)

1 Like

tricky topic… whilst I like the idea of no-one being left out there alone, we should also try to avoid that people can’t sleep because they want to be part of a night-time community…
Might be a good idea to try and to improvise based on honest feedback from the active participants here…
just my thoughts - signing off now for a good nights sleep.

5 Likes