Is everyone here on the same boat?

Just wondering are we all on the same boat regarding anxiety and sleep? My stress levels are also high.

10 Likes

My stress levels aren’t too bad (thank goodness) but my sleep is dire. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Sleep problems and high anxiety for me, so yes the same boat. I’m so glad to have found Sofi and keen to get started… everyone is so helpful

7 Likes

Dreadful broken sleep, night terrors , high anxiety , and stress , when I first started this journey , using sofi to get some sleep definitely helped me open my eyes to where I wanted to be and was able to change some things in my life and was able to reduce my stress levels and anxiety quite significantly :slight_smile: I still struggle with the sleep though and I’m only human and will still get some bad days where I’m anxious etc but it’s improved from where I was :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just being part of this community helps even before I recieve a stick. Wishing you well as I know how sleep and anxiety play off on each other :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

My stress levels are pretty high at the moment, and I’m getting zero sleep which isn’t helping either

8 Likes

Agreed, just knowing that you’re not alone in this, makes it such a relief!
But now your journey has just begun and sleep is on the way for you :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed::hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that abi, hopefully things calm down for you and you get some well deserve :sleeping::sleeping:

4 Likes

I get some hours throughout the night but every single night I have broken sleep

8 Likes

I feel for you and hope you find assurance and improvement on here… talking (text on here) will assure you that you are Not alone… help is coming :+1:

6 Likes

That is the same for me, before the last few months I used to sleep through the night but had no quality of sleep. But now I’m waking up at random points in the night and still getting no quality of sleep

6 Likes

Never imagined how reassuring this feels to know that I’m not the only one suffering with these issues and there’s always someone to answer your questions.

7 Likes

@Marty there is an incredible sofi team member @stephendahmermd … he said something really interesting to me a little while ago … he said what makes sofi special is that it combines a lot of things that he as a doctor has observed really help patients … yes we are focusing on plant medicines because of their ability to impact how we feel with less tolerance, dependence and addiction. But we also combine that with journalling as well as a community here. Each of these are super important in our paths to recovery. It’s brilliant to bringing it all together. And great to have you here :pray:

9 Likes

Thank you… that’s so reassuring

5 Likes

Same here. What i would give for a good deep long sleep.

5 Likes

@Marty my sleep is normally really terrible i go to bed arond 11.30 and dont fall asleep till somewhere arond 1-1.30am as that is the last time i check my phone i wake up at arond 2.30am then again between 3-4 am and usually have to get up at 6am to take the kids to school. Luckily ive been able to sleep in till around 8am with it being the summer holidays which has been better but i still feel bloody knackered, i suffer with anxiety especislly when im only sleeping a few hours and othertimes it just comes from nowhere at all x

5 Likes

Just an observation, but if you’re going to bed with your phone next to you, then clock-watching, then it’s not surprising that you don’t sleep well. Best to put it down an hour before sleep but even if you can’t, try leaving it off/on airplane mode, downstairs or outside of the bedroom and use a traditional alarm clock to wake up. Read a book or use downloaded meditations/sleep stories onto an old (offline) phone/iPod/MP3 player instead. And also turn your WiFi off at night - the electromagnetic stress that comes from having signals bouncing around all day and night, especially right next to your head when your brain is trying to shut off is immense. Give it a go and see how you sleep! Best wishes x

6 Likes

@rhiannonchaffer good observations :+1: phone is in my room but on a unit near my tv so not right next to me i dont go on it at silly o clock i just check the time after ive been laying there for god knows how long trying to get back off after laying there for what seems like ages i even go downstairs and have a warm drink to try getting back off and using a traditional alarm i hadnt actually thought of that will have to invest in one x

5 Likes

You’re welcome. I have Fibromyalgia (and ME/CFS) too so I totally understand how hard it is to get to/stay asleep with the pain etc. as well all the other niggles that come with it, RLS, anxiety etc…
I don’t have a TV or other electrics in my room, I try to maintain it just for sleep as experts tell you, but it’s still sometimes a struggle. Keeping my phone out of it has definitely helped me to switch off from it though. I was hopeful that getting a SoFi stick would help as well but it doesn’t look I’m going to get one anytime soon unfortunately.
Hope yours works for you x

5 Likes

Thank you @Kaveh. @Marty insomnia, sleep, pain, anxiety, depression, trauma… these are so intricately interwoven! as a physician - sometimes it’s daunting. What I love about integrative medicine is - as daunting and complex these issues are - our mechanisms to fix them are just as intricate and amazing. Plants synergize with community synergizes with sleep habits synergizes with … to put us back on the path to heath. We have a fancy term for the human organism to be able to overcome so many stressors and still find balance: homeostasis. Excited for the treehouse to be that hub to synergize and send you good dreams. wishing you a good night’s sleep!

6 Likes