Valerian Refill Program

Yes, that is your box of valerian refills :wink:

8 Likes

So glad to hear! Please let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Received my Valerian refills, thank you Sofi crew, so much! :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3: Looking forward to getting back into routine spraying and trying the new formulation… curious to know if there will be any overlap in S3? I was hoping to try and get an idea of how sleep and MENOPAUSAL symptoms might change with the addition of Ashwaganda compounded to my valerian regimen (not taking anything currently other than PS128 probiotic, zinc, vitamin C, and Magnesium supplements):grimacing: :potted_plant::seedling::herb::leaves::seedling::mushroom::ear_of_rice:

5 Likes

So happy to hear that they made it to you @kaneary! :cherry_blossom: :pray:

I’m afraid we don’t expect any overlap between valerian and the S3 with Ashwagandha. At this point in time, providing the sofi brain with a single stimulus, i.e. valerian OR ashwagandha, is the fastest way for us to make discoveries and, in turn, share those insights.

It won’t be too long however until we can offer and recommend specific combinations of plants that may suit an individual best!

5 Likes

It keeps asking me to journal but I posted here (and now I’ve lost the post :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: )
About my SoFi Passiflora. The last canister (purple, I went pink black…then purple I think!)
Either way my last cannister was empty so I have nothing to journal with. I double and triple tested each one in case it had gotten blocked or something but nope all empty. No idea how it happened but I got a sneaky dud :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hope the refills come soon as I’ve been without 7 days now and I thought I’d reported it already but my head is up my not so pleasant area .
On the up side ive slept like a contented baby or o be even more precice ,like a kitty cat for the last month . It’s been incredible!

5 Likes

Imma toe tapping for my sleepies packages as well as the near daily packages at the moment between Christmas gifts for teen daughters and having no idea what to buy the other half! Christmas is stressful as heck ! Anyone agree?

4 Likes

I have a question about the ingredients and sugar, which looks natural only on the accompanying document I received with my S1 valerian refill pack.

Although it might be worth asking on behalf of all the different formulations used by other pioneer’s on their program.

Even though all the ingredients are natural would this have any effect on using the sprays before or after brushing my teeth before bed?

I have been doing my final three sprays both before brushing my teeth and after at the moment with not considering if it is better for the health of my teeth to keep all the evening sprays before brushing teeth?

Does anyone at Sofi have any answers as to weather the formulations should be used before only?

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi @oliver75gaskell - good question! The ingredients are 100% natural, and the level of natural sweetener do use is very low (around 2%).

I will tag @pamelaspence for her perspective!

6 Likes

Hi @oliver75gaskell ,

Great question and one that we did discuss in the development of the S1 Valerian trial. We opted not to add sugar but to use the natural sweetener Stevia - which is a plant - because we didn’t want people to have sugar if they opted to spray immediately before bed and after teeth brushing. However, my understanding is that from a dental perspective, it is always best to have nothing in your mouth after brushing your teeth before sleeping.

So ultimately it is your own preference but the reason we avoided sugar was for exactly this reason.

Hope this is helpful :slight_smile: :herb:

8 Likes

I spray before brushing my teeth. I had the same thoughts and don’t like to take, drink or eat anything after brushing. Also the toothpaste minty taste overcomes any residual unpleasant flavours of the valerian - which at first I wanted to do. Not bad now but …

4 Likes

Hi @kaneary, I know I’m writing to you late to wish you a speedy recovery. The positive side is you’re well and healthy now and put that surgery behind you. Take care :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you @pira :pray:t3: recovering from surgery has been challenging and now with a virus (awaiting covid test results) - ‘tis the season! Feeling blessed though to be healthy otherwise (and to be blessed with family/shelter/health care) and in a supportive community here. :mending_heart::seedling::potted_plant::herb::mending_heart:

6 Likes

Put my 2nd refill of valerian in spray but forgot to reset it so I’m 3 sprays out of sequence :smirk::thinking:

4 Likes

It happens. None of us are perfect and few of the pods have exactly 70 sprays in them. I once sprayed and the counter went down by 2 instead of 1. Twitchy finger? We all do our best!

5 Likes

Many thanks for your help with the question about brushing teeth before or after the spray.

I have now opted to brush my teeth about 15 minutes after the last sprays as I and I am sure others will feel the same, if you feel relaxed and comfortable when going to bed and not concerned about if any sugar from the sprays is doing any damage then it’s easier to get a better night’s sleep.

I am now enjoying the taste of the s1 no3 spray taste much more and associating it with relaxing and winding down and it is certainly benefiting my sleep duration when compared with no valerian at all.

I did however only get approx 33 sprays from my first bottle. Now that I am onto my second bottle of the same number and colour should I be resetting the counter?

6 Likes

Hi @oliver75gaskell,

Very happy to help! And it is fascinating how the smell and taste of valerian can change for some of us over time as we begin to associate it with better sleep :relaxed:

To answer your question, you will need to reset the spray count manually for the valerian refills, and they are all the same formulation and flavour, and thus we don’t currently have a way for the sofi stick to tell them apart.

Thankfully with the introduction of RFID’s (little electronic ID tags is the way I understand them) for each of our plant pods next Program, we’ll be able to differentiate between pods, even of the same colour and flavour, effortlessly and the app should therefore be able to recognise spray count (70/70) much better :pray:

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and all the best!

6 Likes

Many thanks for the insight into what is coming.

I also wish you, as well as all other pioneer’s on their journey, all the best and a very happy Christmas! :christmas_tree::blush::heart:

7 Likes