Long wait for the amount of effort being put in

So it’s becoming a little bit of a chore to log in each day and do the daily thing to update everything and not fully understand the app, I’m almost at the point where I feel its pointless to carry on with this whole thing, I’m going to be honest with you and say I could have dug valerian root myself and make my own tinctures etc, which grows in abundance around me, the whole reason I found this app and product is because I forage a lot of foods, mushrooms and herbs myself (have done for years, I’m losing confidence in using this app, patience is a virtue though and I believe persistence is a key to life itself. Please do reassure me that all of this will be worth my time and effort.

5 Likes

Hi @sabtheseeker,

So sorry to hear about your frustrations with the everyday journaling - your daily efforts are not lost on us. No doubt, it’s other Pioneers you would like to hear from here, first-hand, but I did want to add that we completely understand that sofi (and the wait times involved) are not for everyone!

This is very much prototyping with a live (amazingly patient) community in exchange for the product being offered to Pioneers entirely free.

Thankfully, moving forward, time between programs will be significantly reduce to the point where (we hope) the time required to be journaling without the plant goes all but unnoticed. xx

6 Likes

Hi I’ve been with Sofi from the beginning and it sometimes seems like things are a bit slow, but I had to remind myself that this is a developing product and time is needed to see the effects on all types of people. Getting a good baseline for all who use the product is key, so the linger you can provide that the better the comparison will be when you start a product trial. Don’t give up, it’s only a few minutes out of your day and this is going to benefit you and others who choose to use Sofi. Hope this reassures you that you’re doing is important.

8 Likes

They seem to send people a lot of kit for free. It’s a big commitment on both sides but even the chance of better sleep does seem worth it.

I really appreciate where you’re coming from, I’m not far off 200 days and Sofi journalling and Sofi score has become something I experience a lot of anxiety around. I have been told to keep going but my score is still at about three quarters and no matter how hard I try, I can’t improve it. Then you see people here talking about their perfect hundred/two hundred day+ unbroken streaks etc and I wonder why I still put myself under so much pressure to do something that makes me feel rubbish about myself. Better sleep - that’s why, the slim chance of better sleep, even the chance is worth it.

9 Likes

Hi @sabtheseeker, i can assure you that its worth the effort, i stumbled onto the site and for me its been a life changer, I started journaling in october, may have been September, i had the passiflora to start, i was in hospital when it arrived, had had no sleep for days, despite being in a room on my own. I used the pqssiflora and that night i slept so well, I’d forgotten what good sleep really can do. My mood was better, i felt better, despite being in pain, I’d had an op to remove a tumor in my bowel, and i also had to have a 2nd emergency op, sofi accompanied me to the hospital and helped me so much. They team were great and i was also given the valerian to try, it helped, not as much as passiflora, and its all this data that helps the team to use our info for future trials and to see how people across the world are being helped, or not, by this amazing team. So your 2 mins each day helps a lot, and I’ve set a remender on my phone, it goes off each day, and i do my journal, when i know I’m gonna be able to spare the time to do it. Don’t despair, the next waves coming very soon.

9 Likes

Hi to sabtheseeker, To be fair to the team and other pioneers it looks as if you joined less (just) than a month ago in Feb this year.
Development of these products take time, research, quality control, and many of us undertook background journalling for many months to begin with. I think it was 7 months after i joined before i received my first sprays but there were genuine reasons for delays in dispatching the Passiflora at the time. The app was undergoing a lot of development too. Still, our patience was rewarded.

I dont feel that the 1 or 2 minutes of daily journalling is very arduous although i do understand people wanting things to happen more quickly. I myself also nearly gave up but that was only after about 6 months of doing my background journal as regularly as possible. I’m glad I didn’t give up, it is an interesting journey and i dont feel that you need to be put off by the long waits many of us had after joining a year ago. Im sure that the processing and software development is speeding up now and new plant remedies will be produced more quickly than in the first year. So, if you keep doing your daily journal, you are likely to receive your kit relatively earlier than many of us who joined this time last year.

Still, perhaps it isnt for you and you might prefer to make your own.

First you will receive a pebble to confirm your address.

A consistent effort to journal is vital for Sofi to be able to analyse any benefits of the herbal sprays and to discover which are best for you. If sofi has insufficient data the process will be, ultimately, less useful to you.

9 Likes

I feel the same and have really been struggling to complete my journal everyday

6 Likes

Hi Josephine, is it remembering to do it or the time it takes that you struggle with?

Initially i set an alarm to remind me but after a while it became second nature, although i was later than usual today because i was busy and packing up to go home after dog-sitting for someone. I believe that you can have a reminder sent by Sofi but someone else may be able to help you set one up (there may be a thread about notifications somwhere in here).

If it is the time it takes, it should get quicker with practise. I think the first poster here mentioned logging in. I just stay logged in so i dont have to log in and out every day and that saves some time.

Wishing you the best with your journalling :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hi thank you for the words of encouragement, most days I only sleep about 3-4 hours so with that to contend with, the journal, osa and other health issues it was just getting around to it, I do have a notification already set up but it’s so east to just say il do it later and then I forget. I will get back on track with it though.

7 Likes

I have to say Sabtheseeker, your comments are a bit harsh!
The sofi team work extremely hard to provide us with a free product which may be life changing for you in exchange for just a few minutes of your time per day. It must be so disheartening for them to see comments like this when they are putting in so much.
If you feel they are asking too much of you I’d suggest waiting until the product goes to market & purchasing it yourself :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

I feel your patience @sabtheseeker and want you to know that the main thing which is happening right now is you are helping establish your normal patterns of sleep ahead of intervention. We are preparing for being able to run three pioneer programs back to back using ashwagandha, valerian and passiflora. The main gift that sofi will bring to this great exploration you began long before you met us here is we are going to see if we can find relative difference of impact on your sleep from these different formulations. The process of us getting this build out has been long. We have been changing all the technology in the stick, the app, the bottles … and all of this is going to be validated for the first time with this round. So really appreciate your patience and we love to have you on this journey with us. Of course, if it feels too much wait please let us know and we can re-engage when the kits are ready to go out. But we had pioneers baselining for over 100 days ahead of plant before our first trial last year … and they were the ones that sofi could make significant observations faster. So your patience has a statistically significant virtue on making discoveries for you. Also a huge appreciation for all the massive patience, support and love from the pioneers in this process. Always grateful. :pray:

10 Likes

I’m nearly three months into journaling and personally I feel it’s such a small amount of my time to log my journal and appreciate being included in the trial. I find it hard to read that it’s a chore or questioning how long it’s taking as it’s a journey that the Sofi team and us as participants are going through together. There’s so much negativity in every day life, but I see this as such a positive opportunity and a small amount of my time to hopefully help with my sleep.

6 Likes

I hear ya, but I might point out also that my app doesn’t notify my to journal each day (it pops up with the notification when I go into the app lol)…
It wasn’t aimed in a negative way at all, just me being honest, maybe I’m too honest for my own good, I’ve been going through a lot of stress, anxiety and sleep loss recently due to having “other things” removed from my daily life which previously helped me to sleep, but it’s been a big battle personally in my life to deal with these things, it’s only now after catching up with all posts (yes a years worth) I suddenly realise how much effort other people have been putting in for the sofi team, I’m not a big phone or device user to be very honest, I don’t really use social media apps etc (like seriously and genuinely I don’t use Facebook at all etc , I rarely use my phone for at all, So my frustration is just my end of dealing with what I am going through, I also do a lot of foraging (as mentioned previously)… So I do actually source for natural sleep aids (for example I have grown Vaerian in my garden for about 6 years now and that was also locally sourced and re planted into my garden, along with many other plants that we find, Im also not a great believer in using a battery powered stick thing (in my eyes it seems like some sort of vape pen, which I also don’t use and don’t like due to the materials used such as the lithium ion battery etc which have a dramatic impact on our planet). If I may be honest, I wouldn’t buy a Sofi stick if they were highly priced in the shop, so this all comes down to just little old me being a big neggy Nancy I suppose if you want to see it like that, people nowadays just want a quick fix, without a thought of the impact of whats truly happening with our world and the culture of humans and their thoughts of what they “can get for free”…
I truly appreciate your feedback though. I’m just dealing with a lot (yesterday we lost Mum) and with due respect I don’t think even a sofi stick would help with this relentless stress and anxiety I suddenly am dealing with, so please forgive me for seemingly being impatient, I may even leave the program. (there’s a reason I don’t use social media etc and that’s genuinely because my honesty seems to pull out people whom want to argue with me or attack me for being “just honest and speaking my mind”… Honesty isn’t harsh it’s how I may feel and I wear my heart on my sleeve…

3 Likes

I can understand the slight frustration some newer pioneers may be feeling when it comes to not seeing any products having been delivered to you yet and that it could appear that you are making all the effort at first. However please remember that this journey you have begun is already helping you build up a record of your sleep patterns which will be useful for your own future reference as well as providing information to sofi. Please don’t give up, Sofi need to see your commitment to the process before you receive, for free, the products which must cost Sofi not only money but also all the time and research that goes into them.
My own view is that completing a journal each day is a tiny bit of time compared to what you will get back from Sofi, including the huge amount of support the Sofi team and other pioneers provide. Stick with it :+1:

8 Likes

Really loving the support that we are giving to each other … pioneer to pioneer … whether we are pioneering in our development of sofi or pioneering in our discovery of plants … incredible support for us here! :pray:

4 Likes

Thx so much for your incredible patience @sabtheseeker and I hope the discoveries we are about to make on the new sofi platform will be worthy of your energy and input … @alexwalkerjones can I confirm that @sabtheseeker is on the first wave to receive the new pods going out? :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Kaveh! @sabtheseeker, you are all good to go for our upcoming wave :blush:

Keep an eye out for our new app launching at the beginning of next week, there’ll be a spot there for you to re-confirm your address as we begin shipments! For more on exactly what to expect as we roll out the new sofi app (and introduce our latest generation of sofi pod) check out our latest update here: S3 Pioneer Program | updates - #105 by alexwalkerjones

4 Likes