Where would you expect to find sofi? (question to all!)

We have a quick question to pose and are incredibly curious to hear everyone’s thoughts…

Knowing the sofi ecosystem as you do, in what shops and stores would you expect to find sofi products in the future?

Feel free to include UK/US/international answers :blush:

8 Likes

holland and barratt. boots in uk.

11 Likes

Yes. Those were my thoughts too. Maybe smaller independent health food shops. Will there be an online store too?

10 Likes

Health shops
Pharmacies?? But im sure there would be lots of red tape etc to go through first! Xx

7 Likes

As well as health food stores there would be a wellness section in most supermarkets. There are also chemists, Boots etc. Department stores, John Lewis etc. There’s a big move towards holistic wellness products, so the more exposure in a range of stores would benefit people.

9 Likes

Holland and Barrett was my first thought as well as chemists like boots and maybe even the natural ‘head shops’ I think they are referred to.

8 Likes

Hmm…if you’re looking for a chain stores in the US maybe Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. You could also do something direct with health and wellness coaches.

6 Likes

Why not have a Sofi online shop with complete control rather than giving all your work to big corporations

14 Likes

Was about to say h&b lol

3 Likes

Another UK one is Planet Organic https://www.planetorganic.com/
They’ve even got these giant pick’n’mix style dispensers of grains and pulses, a deli for fresh organic and vegan food as well as the store section for organic and plant based goods. They’ve got several around Central London.

3 Likes

I would hope that you have an online store. The problem with shopss will be the cost.

8 Likes

Health food stores, holistic health stores, pharmacies that carry alternative health options
And as Meg said online

4 Likes

As well as many mainstream pharmacies and health supplement type shops mentioned here, I could imagone Sofi in the CBT formulations type of stores (which seem to have a similar focus on harvesting/processing methods, and plant grades, history etc-with enthusiastic and motivated staff who have extensive knowledge of the product provenance) and/or natural skincare/clean eating/ethically sourced organic cleaning formulations type websites and storefronts. I’ve bought several ‘herbal’ products promising better sleep which are lent credence by being sold in mainstream pharmacies or ethics based businesses.

I reckon the scope is huge. I imagine even garden centres or yoga/wellness retreats would use and sell the Sofi system, having researched it’s effectiveness. Where people already have an interest in trying non-pharmaceutical remedies for sleep/anxiety etc. Even smaller-owned ‘witchcraft and crystals’ places where the ancestral craft/knowledge in relation to plants is featured.

Can even see an MLM type set-up where people get to test the efficacy of products for themselves and are inspired to spread the word…Not that I’d buy into that kind of model, based on any limited experience I have of that world-but it seems to be fairly effective in many cases and if the product speaks for itself, I suppose it could be a new world of products you wouldnt need to force-feed everyone you’ve ever met :joy:

So many people of varying types would be interested in a safe, proven, sleep remedy with an extensive human testing research base that it could be marketed to a large chunk of the population. From what Ive seen of the slick packaging and general branding, Sofi’s appeal is fairly universal! No false promises, real info about real plants and their traditional and modern uses. Additionally, the good quality tech and online support alongside the clear ethos and mission statement, makes the overall feel very authentic and feels like buying into a community of like-minded insomniacs, that has clear goals one can get on board with, possibly contributing to the ongoing improvement of outcomes.

I say this as someone who hasn’t even gotten to the stage of trying the system yet…But the trial alone so far has given me a clear impression of the purpose, process, and overall goals. I’d buy the system to try based on that alone! So the sky is the limit really in terms of where she fits in the world of marketing!

7 Likes

In the UK I would say, Holland and Barrett, Infinity Foods, independent stores and perhaps at holistic health fairs?

6 Likes

Really appreciate the feedback @julieelson snd welcome on board :pray:

4 Likes

Depends on how high end you want to begin . For me, Holland and Barrett is way too pricey for the majority I would think. More accessible stores might be preferred such as Boots, Superdrug, Savers, and other similar outlets. Get the product moving quickly or lose impetus.
:innocent::sleeping_bed:

4 Likes

Going to second boots. Seen quite a few alternative health places recommended but they have a different association. If I saw sofi in boots Vs h&b I’d be considerably more inclined to buy it after seeing it in boots, especially if it was pricey. Healthcare alternatives sold at a proper pharmacy are legitimised through that association, plus boots is everywhere whereas not every town has a h&b.

5 Likes

Hi. Seems like a lot of answers are from the UK. I am in Canada, but have also spent a lot of time in the US. In Toronto, the place I would expect to see it is in health food stores, especially our well known Healthy Planet and Nature’s Source. There is also a wellness store called Saje, and it only carries their brand of mists and sprays, but along the same herbal and health lines. So creating your own store similar to this style would make sense to me. I do agree that an online store is essential as well, given both the nature of insomnia and lots of us do our shopping at not the usual times, so online really helps. We have GNC stores in Canada now, as well as where they started in the USA. Our main drugstore here is Shoppers Drug Mart, and if you are trying to reach the mainstream market, they are the place to be. As well, because they have a points program for their shoppers, it tends to draw in people to buy things they might otherwise pass over as too expensive since they can either use their points for the purchase, or earn points for their purchase (especially since they have double points days and other incentivized shopping). I think Walgreens pharmacy in the USA would also be a good place, as they have a lot of health and wellness and things like cbd oils etc that are behind locked cases, and they also have wellness sprays for roll on and aromatic use. Also as some otherse mentioned, Whole Foods Market and Trader Joes would also be great places in the USA. I think it might also be a good idea to consider having it available at online or in person sleep/mattress stores such as Casper, Endy, etc. And lastly, I myself shop online and in person at Indigo book store here in Toronto, and they have locations in Canada and the USA, and they tend to carry mid to high end sleep aids like this, and that would open you up to their customer base and more word of mouth (plus they also have their points program and they offer free shipping to their program customers). And although you did not ask this…I would think that getting it into one of the magazines such as in style, glamour, martha stewart etc would be a nice way to spread the word, as there are some people who feel more comfortable trying things that they see advertised by magazines that they feel pertain to the lifestyle that they are living or want to be living. The more profit you make, the more you will be able to keep to your goals of providing/subsidizing sofi to those who cannot afford it on their own. The more mainstream you are, the more you might reach those who need the help but would not maybe think to look for such a thing.

3 Likes

I sometimes get a brochure from an organisation - viva Vitality. They have aa range of products which they say 'make life easier. ’ I have sampled a few.
Their website is www.vivavitality.co.uk.
Meg x

4 Likes

I agree with all saying about food and health stores … however, as a first-time buyer, I experienced having a variety of choices that can make it difficult to decide and make a purchase.
I recommend starting with online shopping on sofi’s website and other health stores via a link. As well as having a presence in departmental stores like Harrods, Selfridges and John Lewis.
It is important to note that excessive shopping habits could be the underlying cause of mental health issues such as lack of confidence, low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, sleeplessness, … . As I understood, sofi’s goal is to help people (us) with health issues regardless of their (our) age, social class, tribe or group. :smiling_face:

3 Likes