An opt-in solution for daily journaling notifications (poll inside!)

First and foremost: thank you to everyone who has already braved posting and contributed feedback! I can speak on behalf of the whole team when I say we are so excited to be having these awesome interactions with you!

Now to get down to business :slight_smile:

There has been much talk of how useful some sort of notification would be in reminding us to journal consistently - and I agree! It would be a big help for me too.

Luckily, @Kirill is on the case! Indeed, in-app notifications will be coming soon, it will just take a bit of time to enable all the settings necessary to launch push notifications!

In the meantime, I had an idea and wanted to gauge your feelings towards it.

Would it be helpful to receive daily treehouse notifications as a reminder to journal?

• No, I’d prefer to wait for in-app notifications (coming soon!)
  • Yes, please! Send me daily treehouse message reminders!

0 voters

For those who vote yes, I’ll send you a personal message reminder once per day! If the notifications don’t end up being as helpful as planned we can always scrap the idea or easily opt-out.

If you’re like me and prefer to get notifications directly to your phone, make sure you also have the app DiscourseHub, and sign-in to the treehouse on there.

Looking forward Pioneers!
Alex

10 Likes

In-app notifications are good but other types of reminders are useful as well. I personally have the app on my tablet which isn’t connected to the internet at work unless I make my phone a hotspot.

5 Likes

I voted in favour of the in-app notifications.
BUT, what would be really helpful would be notifications on my iPhone similar to those when I have a reminder / alarm set on my regular agenda. In that sense, the notification should reach me even if I don’t open the app. Some days will be super busy, and some days will be very disruptive from our normal routines. Missing journaling would be all too easy…

Additionally: what if I realise that I forgot to journal my sleep on certain days - but still remember it well enough to journal it. The app wouldn’t currently allow me to update historical data, which is something of a missed opportunity for those keen to have an uninterrupted journaling track record.

6 Likes

Agree with Laurent here - I don’t want to have to have something separate to get notifications / reminders to fill in journal I just need something like an alarm. I also fail to see why one would not be able to complete previous day as long as one had an accurate memory of it. Most people will remember that but I do agree you cannot go back further with any accuracy.

7 Likes

It sounds like a great idea and I would definitely be interested, but I get no notifications for the tree house at the moment. Have checked my settings but can’t figure out what’s going on. Any ideas?

2 Likes

As far as I understand it, there are no notifications for treehouse app outside of the app itself. I think (correct me if I’m wrong) at this point, the only way you can tell if there are any new posts here, or replies to posts, is to look for numbers in the top right corner where your profile picture is :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I think you need the app to get them … I just installed it myself yesterday and it found my account and sunk up pretty well. I looked it up on the App Store and it was under DiscourseHub. Works really well on iOS!

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been doing. Thankyou :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Treehouse is only a website for me…I wasn’t directed to another app when I clicked on the link in the sofi app. I get email notifications for the posts I’ve commented on. Have you set this up (same area where you added your pic)?

4 Likes

Yes I have tried, but thankyou for your input :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Both good ideas and each merits consideration, however, now I’m sleeping a bit better I tend to journal each day at breakfast. So I voted to wait for the app solution.

5 Likes

Love it that we are able to talk to each other through the treehouse and mail. Gives a feeling of belonging to a well organised group.

5 Likes

In-app notifications are finally here! :calling: :sparkles: :sofi_moon:

Reminders to journal have been a long discussed feature here in the treehouse to help us improve our respective consistencies in journaling every day, allowing sofi to make more discoveries behind the scenes as we approach our journey with the S2. :s2_n01: :s2_n02: :s2_n03:

As the result of an awesome effort from our dev team, in-app notifications are now fully deployed in the latest version of your sofi app. For users of iOS, the sofi app is now also available in the App Store - so once updated, please feel free to delete TestFlight and the old version of your sofi app.

To avoid unnecessary daily interruptions, we will commit to using in-app notifications sparingly, and allow you to change these settings or opt-out anytime via “notifications” section of your profile page. We also have three options for notifications so you can choose exactly what suits you best!

• When “journalling” is enabled, sofi will send a notification at 12 noon, only if your journal for the day hasn’t been completed yet.

• When “spraying” is enabled: sofi will send a notification at 10pm, only if no sprays have been taken yet.

• And when “system” is enabled, sofi will be able to send important general notifications regarding your Pioneer Program or sofi app only when necessary.

We highly recommend setting up all three, and adjusting them later should you need!

As always, your feedback is what matters to us the most, so please let us know if/how these notifications are working for you, and which aspects you feel could be improved.

Keep up the excellent journaling work!

Alex x

10 Likes

Hi Alex.

In the app, under notification settings, I only see 1) journaling notifications 2) spraying notifications. I do not see a system enabled choice. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still only see the 2 options. Am I misunderstanding?

1 Like

Hi, @cathy - thanks for your message!

Sounds very strange! When you look at your notifications settings page, you should be able to see toggles to switch them on/off on the right side.

If you could send a screenshot of your notifications settings page that would be great help! I can then see how to help you further.

1 Like

I have put a daily reminder on my phone, so i remember to do my daily journal, it works for me

1 Like

Yes, but that is not the part that is missing for me! Its the enabling important reminders from Sofi regarding the program or app

2 Likes

Hi @cathy,

I’ve checked with @Kirill and our dev team and we have switched over our systems notifications (for example if a particular plant is out of stock, or when new journey results are unlocked) to exist without a toggle option as they are more critical ones.

So long as you are receiving the journaling and spraying ones (if toggled “on”) then please don’t worry about missing any as you’ll be covered! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Alex. Great thank you! Sorry I am just figuring out about where my replies show up…so I sent you 2 :crazy_face:

3 Likes