Journaling and remembering to journal

Morning treehouse and team! How is everyone getting along with the sofi app so far? :waxing_crescent_moon: :star2: :calling:

Personally, I’m enjoying the moment of reflection and checking in with myself about how I slept, how long, and how I’m feeling at any given time. It’s opening up a window of self-observation that I usually speed straight past in the morning and completely neglect.

As expected, the first hurdle is trying to make a genuine habit out of remembering to journal. There is an irony of working all day on sofi and then remember I have the actual app - day by day sofi is becoming more tangible!

I wonder if there are pros and cons in setting a daily timer, or having the journaling be an organic process, when it occurs to me to do it. I’ve also thought about pairing the journaling with an additional aspect of self-care like stretching in the morning or reading before bed. Two benefits in one.

I’m curious, what are some different ways you’re all trying to remind yourselves?

7 Likes

I still haven’t figured out a pattern to this yet @alexwalkerjones that works for me consistently. I think it may be something like when I wake up with my alarm … maybe I should consider it as the first thing I do after I turn off my alarm … but so far, not agreeing to a standard routine has meant that I have forgotten to journal one night before 23.59 which then meant that when I went to journal in the early morning I had missed one night’s journalling … something I left a suggestion to for the app team to consider … but still trying to figure out a routine! I think I will try to see if I journal when I wake up for a few days to see how I get on. Time for sleep! Night night. xo

4 Likes

Currently I have it set up in my calendar as the first thing to do in the morning, which seems to be working for me. In the morning I journal about how I slept the night before, and how I’m feeling about the coming day.

Once we get the sofi stick, my motivation for a good nights sleep is pretty high so I hope I won’t forget to take the spray. :joy:

I think it needs to live on the coffee table, so I don’t forget to take it after dinner, and on my nightstand, so I don’t forget to take it before going to sleep. I just need to get into the routine of putting it on the coffee table in the morning, which might be the hard part…

4 Likes

Just getting started but a daily email reminder would be useful.

6 Likes

I agree.
A daily reminder sent by Sofi at a time i selected would be useful.

7 Likes

I second that! Would having control over the time the reminder is sent also be helpful to you like @laurent.rossier suggests? I’m having our team look into this for future updates! :slight_smile:

Thank you both and keep it coming! haha

2 Likes

Yes, and maybe have the option for a different time weekends vs weekdays.

3 Likes

@Kirill we should look at this in the next sprint as well. Maybe we can preview the functionality we have in mind and see what You think? KM

3 Likes

Absolutely.
Being able to predefine a time of the first and second reminder (just like the options in the regular calendars) would be useful and ensure that regular journaling takes place as planned.

4 Likes

Are we thinking of this as an alarm? Or more as a notification?

1 Like

I prefer a notification.

3 Likes

I agree, a notification would be a great idea

3 Likes

A notification would work well.

2 Likes

Thanks @laurent.rossier @BrandNewMe @jaxlou1982 we are definitely prioritising enabling notifications in the app!

6 Likes

Why don’t we show the guys what we are thinking in terms of design and notification and make sure we are approaching this in a way that would address as much of what everyone is looking for. We can ask @josif to output a few PNGs from FIGMA?

5 Likes

That’s great. Thanks guys :grin:

Is it better to log my night sleep right when I wake up, or to wait until I’ve been up a while?

I think it’s a personal preference.

I dont think it matters, as long as its done :slightly_smiling_face:

I check my emails, which reminds me to log in on the app. Today, I accidentally backed out during my log, and was unable to enter how many hours I slept.

1 Like