Anyone for Cherries

Hi everyone , has anyone had any luck with Montmerency cherries , I love cherries and I’m just checking out some natural remedies but dubious at the same time

2 Likes

I love cherries! :yum: But are you saying they help with something specific?

Apparently they help with sleep and some joint pain so I’m intrigued to the treehouse response but I’m not sure how

4 Likes

Has to be tart cherries, buy in liquid form, it is tart and bitter. I couldn’t stomach taste personally. Walnuts are good as well, however tart cherries contain tryptophan and melatonin. Walnuts make the brain produce it. Prefer Walnuts. Both work out expensive.

Anything is worth a shot. Remember interactions with other supplements, medication and health.

5 Likes

Many thanks can’t wait to try some

Love anything sharp tasting so might have to order some!

1 Like

I’ve already ordered some plus walnuts😀

3 Likes

I’ve tried Holland and Barrett tart cherry juice for sleep, tasted great! But didn’t help with sleep for me.
Everyone’s different, it’s definitely worth a shot, good luck!

4 Likes

Oat milk also contains tryptophan so a hot milky drink with oat milk can be good too. Not with cherry juice though :grin:

6 Likes

I love oat milk that’s all I drink but I did not know that so thanks

Welcome! Actually also cow milk - forgot to add!

1 Like

We make our own milks, oat milk is so easy. I use it in golden milk at night time.

1 Like

I’m going to try golden milk everything about this sounds gorgeous

2 Likes

Golden milk is epic. Lots of lovely recipes out there to try!

1 Like

It has a spicy ginger kick, yet sweet. Love the stuff.

1 Like

Oatmilk is excellent, the coop just launched a new one and it’s the best out there and very inexpensive. Will try it tonight with some chocolate :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:.

2 Likes

Here’s a favourite Golden Milk recipe in case anyone wants to try it! I shared it with one of my classes last year and they loved it, just came across it again and thought you might like some inspiration! :slight_smile:
Golden Milk
Ingredients:

1 mug almond milk or cow’s milk
2 teaspoons honey plus additional to taste 1 1/2 tspns almond butter
1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
1/4 tspn ground turmeric
1/8 tspn ground ginger

Optional: pinch ground black pepper, cardamom, or cloves, Splash of vanilla extract.

Add the ingredients to warm milk / mylk, heat through and drink before bed.

4 Likes

I cant bear anything like cinnamon or cloves so I’m sad that I won’t be trying this. Anyone have any alternatives?

1 Like

Ah I’m sorry - it would be boring if we all had the same tastes :slight_smile:
The traditional Golden Milk is just turmeric and milk, you can just strip everything back to that.

3 Likes

Ahh that sounds good. I will give it a shot, thankyou.

4 Likes