App is down tonight

Tried to get in the app not responding at the moment so will just go ahead and take my sprays as usual. :+1:

4 Likes

Both iOS and Android should be up now @dannytobin68 … let me know :pray:

6 Likes

Yes it’s working fine now , unfortunately I fell asleep and only managed my first 3 sprays last night so good and bad. :blush::+1:

4 Likes

Hope you slept well still though! :smiley:

4 Likes

I think I read that a Pioneer using android had some luck reinstating the sofi app after the down time we had by clearing their cache … any idea how to do that as I think that @paul.ashton22 is having that issue right now … appreciate any help from Pioneers on this :pray:

2 Likes

Hola! Yes if any pioneer is on Android if they go onto
Settings > apps > SoFi app > storage and cache > clear cache

I managed to able to do both my sprays last night and have the app record them too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Will have to give this a try cheers Aaron. :+1:

3 Likes

This is awesome @Aaron ! Thank you :pray:@paul.ashton22 have you had a chance to try this yet? Love to know if this solves it for you as well. @alexwalkerjones I think we may want to consider adding this into the survival guide for android users when reinstalling the app …

When reinstalling the app - or if stuck - for any pioneer on an Android if they go onto
Settings > apps > sofi app > storage and cache > clear cache

That could solve an issue. @Aaron which sequence did you do this …

1. Uninstall
  2. Clear Cache
  3. Reinstall

Or something else? Much appreciate it! Also adding @Kirill in this as well in case other Pioneers could benefit form this. :pray:

1 Like

Love to hear if this work for you @dannytobin68

1 Like

Originally I uninstalled it and reinstalled it worked for a few minutes before crashing again, so then I went to clear the cache then from then I was able to do everything I needed too

So potentially pioneers could try
Just clearing the cache first before trying to uninstall then reinstall.

It should clear the storage for it by uninstalling and reinstalling anyway but clearing the cache seemed to have worked somehow for me either way :smiley:

3 Likes

Could it be perhaps something in the new update took up to much storage when it updated causing this ? @Kirill

2 Likes

Yes its done the trick , happy day’s :blush:

3 Likes

It worked great shout Aaron :clap:

3 Likes

Awesome, glad it worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really good to know and definitely adding this in as a suggestion to our survival guide! Thank you @Aaron :pray: :sparkles:

3 Likes

I now have a new problem. My sofi stick has stopped working completely. My phone says it is not connected. I have tried to take the pod out and press the too down that is when i noticed the LED in the top of the stick does not light at all as it did when i first paired and after every spray.

2 Likes

Hi @paul.ashton22 have you changed the battery yet?

2 Likes

That’s sensible suggestion from @BrandNewMe as the sofi sticks ping for the app twice a second all the time right now so after 1.7m pings (10 days or sometimes less) they run flat. Adding @alexwalkerjones to help with battery types we get them from Amazon usually 5 for £3/4 or so… see if that helps :pray:

2 Likes

I dont have one like that i am afraid and there was no spare in the box.

2 Likes

CR1632 3V Lithium Batteries are the ones you need I believe :slight_smile: should be able to get some for a couple of quid on Amazon :slight_smile:

2 Likes