Sofi stick not connected (still)

It all started out fine, and was logging sprays. Then I got the “Sofi stick not connected” message. I finished my first spray and hoped it would fix itself when I inserted the second, but it hasn’t.

Things I have tried:

Logging out/in of the app
Turning Bluetooth off/on
Turning WiFi off/on
Restarting my phone (android)
Reinserted the stick
Changed the battery

I don’t even have a light coming on (and that’s after a new battery)

I’ve been through the pioneer guide, and I’ve looked through the treehouse, but I can’t find anything that works

Please help!

3 Likes

@jeni.crawley007 its so lovely to have you here with us on this journey and let’s see if we can get you up and running right away … can you confirm when you take out the electronic circuit at the top of the sofi stick and press the switch on the bottom …: do you see a green light? If no, have you changed the battery recently? And finally, can you check that you have inserted the button cell in the correct orientation … let me see if I can find an image …

2 Likes

Hi Kaveh! Thanks for the quick reply. The light does come on when I push the button. Yes I’ve changed the battery and it’s the correct way up. Thanks!

2 Likes

I was out too - now back again with the app from google playstore :+1:
But now i am “new user” and spray is out completely - in my 2nd week and now on first petal

3 Likes

Thx for this @natascha_mani … adding both @alexwalkerjones anf @Kirill here so we can investigate what is happening with you. So has the app reset your data after reinstalling the app and logging in with the same details as before?

1 Like

Ah, drat. I reinstalled the app this morning.

Good news: the stick is now paired
Bad news: I’ve also lost all my journalling

2 Likes

Nope its now.showimg that i have been spraying for 2 days (the.petals )
So.its behind

2 Likes

Yes mine is also lost

2 Likes

Evening @jeni.crawley007 and @natascha_mani so pleased to hear that you are all paired up but rather sad that you seem to have lost your data … I have just raised this with @mathiassilva4 who is looking into this. The good news is that the pod uses and journalling information are kept on a secure database so install or reinstalling the app will not affect that data. However, we are looking into it now to see what may have happened here. Thank you as always for raising all of these issues with us and being so incredibly patient and lovely xx :pray: (also adding @alexwalkerjones here so we can make sure the solution here is potentially added to the next edition of the Pioneer Survival Guide)!

2 Likes

Thank you so much (techno twit here)… but i do eventually get it sorted - complete FLUKE!!! But somehow i “make things work” (totally by accident) :rofl::joy: this one i am proud to anounce that i have paired and it registered new spray … so all other data gone … but we have turned a page(ok so i an being all humour) does not always come across in Type… anyhoo just want to say THANK YOU ALL!!! I am not waking 3-5 times at night with heart racing(this has now come down to TWICE… also the teeth gringing that leaves ne with serious “jaw sore” has actually STOPPED - The sore jaw - dont knownif i have stopped grinding​:woman_shrugging: i think i may HAVE! THANK YOU THANK YOU SOFI PEOPLE U ARE AWESOME …

2 Likes

Really really happy to hear @natascha_mani! So grateful for your perseverance there and how awesome you’re already noticing those differences in your sleep - waking up with a sore jaw does not sound fun!

Wishing you a restful rest of your weekend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi again! Unfortunately the stick has disconnected again, so now I have no paired stick, and no recorded data :joy:

2 Likes

Morning @jeni.crawley007 when you open the app what do you see?

Also have you checked that the battery of your sofi stick has not finished as your sofi stick pings twice a second for the app - so in ten days it will try to connect 1.7 million times with the app throughout the day! Which is why we are moving with S3 to a rechargeable sofi stick! :pray:

1 Like

Hi I’ve been having this exact same problem for the last week. No light comes on and it won’t connect. :woman_shrugging: I’ve tried taking out the battery, resetting my phone and switching pods but still the same error. The only thing i haven’t tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the app but i don’t want to lose my data. So I’m going to use the manual option instead. I thought it may right itself but I’ve a feeling it may be the battery. I might have another this size so if i can I’ll replace it and try again. Thanks so much for allowing me to participate in the Sofi program-:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i have definitely noticed a positive difference in my sleep! Not as much broken sleep, less nightmares and less insomnia. Sometimes I’ve nodded off before taking a dose! :laughing: i will definitely continue :blush:

2 Likes

Brilliant to hear about the positive effects your experience @Quinine and equally grateful to have you onboard. According to your description it does seem like the battery may be to blame - but thrilled that the manual spray button is coming in handy in the meantime. I’m attaching a thread with more information on replacements for you just here: Pioneer Boxes | FAQs and how-to's - #69 by alexwalkerjones

Thankfully replacement will be a thing of the past with the S3 and onwards :slight_smile:

1 Like