Was logged out of the sofi app randomly and now can't connect to stick

Not sure what happened. Went to take my after dinner spray and found I was logged out of app. Managed to sign in after a while of trying to see I had to pair my stick again.
I’m like an hour in of trying everything and still no luck.
I’ve cleared cache, restarted the ap, changed the battery, tried standing in different places of the house and still no luck.

Keep telling me there was an issue and the stick is in a deep sleep.
It’s driving me crazy.

I’m going to try and leave it for a while and see if it connects for my bedtime dose. If not I’ll have to see what’s up tomorrow and if it connects.

Getting close to launching my phone across the room :neutral_face::joy:

7 Likes

I hear you :joy: just leave it for now … tomorrow is another day - cheers :smile:

4 Likes

Mostly I’m just ranting to get it out and to make sure it’s recorded somewhere :joy:

Tried again this morning and no luck yet.
Going to leave it until I’m a bit more awake :joy:

4 Likes

I feel your frustration. I also have had the same issues with the app - pairing after many attempts then suddenly it’s not paired, or not recognising the pod and so not recording the sprays or journaling! I am slowly being worn down by it all :frowning:

3 Likes

Passing this information along to @filipe for you all - thank you for your tenacity and fingers crossed we can get these sticks paired quickly for you ! :pray:

6 Likes

I have uninstalled, due to the app not starting then also saying gone into deep sleep … and not being tech savvy, i now i cant find the app :unamused:

3 Likes

That link has the direct link to the app, if I did this right :joy:

I uninstalled the app yesterday as well and still didn’t work.
Still had no luck this morning

6 Likes

HI @lrakarid - oh no, sorry to hear it’s still giving you trouble! Do you think you could test whether or not it makes a difference to clear your cache. I’m linking a similar thread for you here where that made all the difference for a couple Android-using Pioneers. Certainly warrants further investigation on our side - but we’d love all the help we can get exploring whether or not this works as a temporary solution - and to get you up and running in the meantime :pray: :sparkles:

4 Likes

I’ve actually tried clearing the cache a few times now and still no luck.

If I still can’t get on later I’ll try the app on my tablet or something and see what I can do.

2 Likes

Have you had a resolution on this @lrakarid ? Adding @alex and @Kirill so we can support you and get you back up and running :pray:

3 Likes

I’ve tried again this morning and still no luck. I’m going to try and get some more batteries today in case the batteries I had were a dodgy lot. If not I’ll try uninstalling again and see what happens.

4 Likes

So after walking around to 4 different shops and finally finding a new battery my stick is still not connected. I have tried EVERYTHING, I’ve installed the app on a couple of other devices and no luck.
All I’m getting every time is

I’m honestly at my wits end now and have no clue what else to do.

I must have screwed something up some how but what, when and how I have no idea :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Let’s jump on a zoom see if we can work it out together when you’re up for it as love to have your Sofi stick back up. Also adding @alexwalkerjones so between us we can get to you in your first available slot. Also did you see @lrakarid the new “survival guide for pioneers” … in case there’s something useful in that? Link for that here

:pray:

3 Likes

I’ve tried all that stuff and no luck still. I’ve checked the brain to see if that’s got any liquid or residue on it and it’s all good. I’ve even cleaned the battery terminal as well to make sure it’s getting a good connection. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I’ve even checked the batteries with a multimeter.
I’ve tried with WiFi, without WiFi, with and without data, multiple devices.
My phone is reading the Bluetooth from the stick but the app just isn’t wanting to connect :sob:
I’m literally going out my mind trying to work it out.

Zoom call is a bit awkward for me as I’ve got people coming and going all the time and I’m in and out randomly. Plus I’m shy :grimacing:

2 Likes

no worries. only suggested zoom a see can see on the screen what’s going on … are you an android user (I dread to ask cause I think I know the answer!) … and have you ever cleared your cache between installs? I didn’t know this was something you can do but it worked magically well for Aaron. Let me know.

………………………………………….
Kaveh Memari

+44 79.oo.ooo.456
kaveh@sofi.health

………………………………………….
sofi
personalised plant-based wellness_
www.sofi.health

Commercial, Confidential & Privileged
(Sharing is not caring. Thank you.)

3 Likes

Yea I’m on Android. I’ve not had a problem until this start. It’s been working beautifully.

I’ve cleared cache and I’ve also deleted all junk files that might have been left behind and it’s still just showing the same screen whenever I try to pair.
Feeling like I’m a lost cause at the moment.

2 Likes

Ok let me try to get the cavalry in here … @Kirill can you look into @lrakarid as he has been stable till recently? Also adding @filipe and @alexwalkerjones so we can all see if we can spot if anything changed recently. Do you know when you lost contact with the app @lrakarid? We will try to get you back up. Also, can you do a screen record of what you see when you go into the sofi app as we have now enabled video (mp4 and mov files) to be uploaded (up to 40 Megs) here and sometimes a screen record really helps to see what’s happening on the device. Most importantly, don’t worry at all, whether in this build or the next we will get you up! As you have had a stable connection before I am confident we will figure this out. Can you also confirm the make, type/generation and operating system of your android device as well? Awesome! :pray:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was Thursday evening it all started for me.
Hopefully I’ve done this right…

It will just sit on that screen for ages. Occasionally it will pop up with the something went wrong screen again and I think once it’s said the sofi stick is in a deep sleep.
That was with a brand new battery in the stick as well.

It has been working perfectly before. Never had an issue with it losing connection or anything.

Hopefully this can help get this sorted and potentially help others if they have this problem.

2 Likes

When I go to the App each time. The first message I always get is that Sofi stick is not paired but then if I wait, it pairs and is working. I just have to pause and let it ‘wake up’. It is registering sprays just a little sluggish sometimes. Like all of us.

2 Likes