Ashwaganda N.03 taste so far

Hello :wave:

A few days ago I started my Journey with Ashwagandha pod N.03, at first the taste was very unpleasant.

I am on day 3 and the taste is still unpleasant but I have noticed that I have been more calm and relaxed.

When it gets to nighttime around 9-10pm after 3 sprays in the mouth at 8pm I really feel the sleepiness kick in, it seems to be working so far and Iā€™m happy about it, itā€™s definitely worth it regardless of the taste! :blush:

11 Likes

Bllllaaauuggh Iā€™m really really struggling with the taste!
I canā€™t say that itā€™s become any more bearable over the last week either.
The only reason Iā€™ve persisted is to get into the next flavour but Iā€™m not much looking forward to plain ashwaganda or caramel either!

Iā€™m not convinced that the pay off is worth it yet but Iā€™m happy to keep pioneering! I donā€™t think Iā€™d purchase this flavour or even ashwaganda in place of the valerian tablets I was taking before.

5 Likes

Itā€™s worth it once you get over the taste! Trust me :blush: try drinking something sweet straight after,that helped me!

4 Likes

Whatā€™s amazing @HelloLolo is that all of the plants weā€™ve activated on the sofi system so far have had entirely different, and very distinct, taste profiles - and we all seem to struggle most with a different one :laughing:

Once youā€™ve had a fair chance to experience each flavour, weā€™d love to have your vote on which you would keep of the three! Only one flavour will make it into our future productions!

7 Likes

Iā€™m on my first evening /night with N.03 and I was shocked at how nasty it tasted. Iā€™m going to try and power through but even when drinking something sweet after Iā€™m dreading my next sprays a bit already. Fingers crossed the next spray tastes better and hopefully the effects make it worth it! Very willing to keep trying and hoping for a better flavour :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

5 Likes

Itā€™s amazing to have you on this journey with us @asheyxx ā€¦ itā€™s been interesting definitely working with a very natural flavour range and also only with elements that donā€™t interfere with the pure chemistry of the plant ā€¦ I used to really struggle with Valerian ā€¦ but it did also start to knock me out ā€¦ we are delivering super dense plant extract and water ā€¦ and sometimes it may feel that youā€™re drinking pond water ā€¦ I found my taste started to mostly desensitise within a week but it may take some persevering !! perhaps try pairing it with a tea ā€¦ that may help the pallete some more! :pray:

3 Likes

Im about 8 days in with red pod number 3 ashwaā€™. The taste is not pleasant for me, it has been less ick tonightā€¦

1 Like

I found no3 really unpleasant the whole way through using it. I tried a few things afterwards to get rid of the lingering taste, the best thing I came across is a blonde chocolate from coop. Itā€™s a white chocolate so no caffeine, and the usual burnt caramel taste (which isnā€™t the best on its own) is great at covering the taste of the spray. Iā€™m on the caramel now which is marginally more palatable but a tiny bit of the chocolate afterwards makes a big difference to not feeling sick from the taste

4 Likes

After your No3 tasting experience, Iā€™m (almost) looking forward to trying it next week because I find No2 very pleasantā€¦!

3 Likes

Yes the taste isnā€™t nice but I would take the worst taste ever if it helped me sleep. Initially I was feeling sleepy after taking it and slept but got up early morning. Iā€™m more than happy with getting 4 to 6 hours a night. However unfortunately not working now as my body gets used to any medicines. So I take different tablets fort sleep a night. If I take the same daily it stops working. So last night I took 6 sprays together hoping to sleep, didnā€™t happy so I took 50mg Diphenhydramine didnā€™t work took a other 50mg, waited nothing. I than took 2 noctamid, nothing, by 3.30am was frustrated took another noctamid than finally got some sleep, about 6 hours. What scares me is that Iā€™m so sleep deprived I would take more of the sleeping tablets that I should. I feel like jumping out the window at times. The night prior I had no sleep, I wore this sleep machine from hospital to check breathing heart rate. I know I donā€™t have sleep apnea but letā€™s see if they put me on sleep trials or something.
Good luck to everyone with their sleep journey

3 Likes

Yes absolutely so interesting to see what others are preferring!

I was so looking forward to the cardamon since I love the flavour usually do found it strange I didnā€™t get on with it!

Looking forward to moving to another one tomorrow to see whatā€™s what!

3 Likes

I was actually wondering how everyone is dealing with the taste of ashwagandhaā€¦ Itā€™s absolutely horrible!!! What Iā€™ve been doing is only 3 sprays before bed and then a quick wash with water or iced tea. The after taste is terrible, so the quick wash takes all the bitterness away. This doesnā€™t seem to take its effectiveness away as it helps to put me in a deep sleep. However, I do manage to wake up during the night. Falling back to sleep is never an issue. But, in the morning, letā€™s say Iā€™d like to stay in bed. Itā€™s almost like melotonin. I feel ā€œheavyā€/groggy in the AM. It doesnā€™t seem to have an effect on my mood though. Was really hoping it helped to calm me with the stress of my job.

3 Likes

Personally I havenā€™t found the taste all that bad. After the first couple times Iā€™ve really gotten used to it. It does help me with stress and itā€™s also been helping me sleep quite well. It has however been making me have a lot of dreams. But that doesnā€™t really bother me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried to get over the taste ā€“ mind over matter ā€“ but the taste is really so bad to me. I also feel it makes me more angry when in stressful situations. I also tried the Ashwagandha pills for 3 months and didnā€™t help with stress either. It does help me sleep. But I do tend to wake up groggy. I wished it made me have dreams. My husband said that about melatonin. Melatonin didnā€™t give me dreams either. :frowning:

3 Likes

Ah - I canā€™t wait to see if passiflora will do the trick for you then @yakk99! For many of us, it provides very vivid and colourful dreams! Have you ever tried passiflora for sleep before?

2 Likes

I believe I haveā€¦ werenā€™t those the first set of sprays we received? Those didnā€™t help me with sleep, though I would try again if you tell me they are great for dreams!

1 Like

I had very vivid and strange dreams with passiflora. Not nightmares. Just unusual.

1 Like

I loved it and looked forward to sleep, it was more fun than my day :laughing:

Hops are also good for dreaming, i have found although it was a long tine ago when i tried one of those herbal night/sleep pills that contain hops.

2 Likes

I donā€™t normally dream / remember dreams so it was a novelty and I quite enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember the last time I dreamedā€¦I mean, I probably did and just donā€™t remember. But no vivid dreams that I do remember upon wakingā€¦

I think if I had nightmares with Passiflora I would definitely stop taking, lol.

2 Likes