Ashwagandha working its magic

I have been spraying for about 9 days and I’m sure that Ashwagandha is doing it for me.

About 1 hour after spraying I start to yawn and can’t stop! I don’t recall yawning like this in the evenings as I am a bit of a night owl. It makes me feel very relaxed and I am getting to sleep more quickly than before. This for me is the best part because before I was quite often awake until 5 or 6am. Now, with getting to sleep quicker, i can get up earlier in the morning.

I still wake up in the night but before i could be awake for hours; now i get back to sleep quicker and only once have been awake for an hour.

It’s great. Instead of sleep varying mainly between around 3 (sometimes 0 hours) to 6 hours in a pattern that waves up and down, this last week has been mainly between a steady 6 and 7 hours, with last night on 7.5 hours! I can hardly believe it!

Valerian apparently knocked some people out but it made me buzz! Passiflora i think was quite good, but hard to remember without being able to see our data.
For me, Ashwagandha takes first prize so far.

Thank you Sofi :kissing_heart:

I do hope it is helping others to relax and sleep better too. I love it! :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

I think ashwangha is definitely helping me too especially for my anxiety. Sleep not so much due to my shifts being 3-11pm and getting my son up at 7am. 5-6 hrs sleep a night.

My anxiety has definitely subsided since using the spray. I use 1 maybe 2 sprays when needed and within 15mins I feel relaxed and less anxious. Great stuff so far

8 Likes

That’s good news Stephen. It’s very relaxing for sure. Your work hours and child obligations make it impossible for you to have 7 hours sleep, unless you can nap a bit in the day?

I will have to reduce the dose from 6 sprays each evening if i want to go out or I will seem very rude yawning my head off!
I used to be known for being able to party all night :partying_face: but i couldnt do that on Ashwagandha.

I hope others are finding benefits too.

8 Likes

Yes I find Ashwaganda helping me to have more consistent sleep despite the vile taste of no. 2 pod!!!

8 Likes

This is amazing! I’m falling asleep so much quicker too and I’m on 9 days :grin:

6 Likes

Yes last few days I’m falling asleep quicker, still wake up early hours & can’t get back to sleep tho, this has come at a great time as the anxiety I am getting because of ill health to my loved ones is off the scale. The other thing I’ve noticed, tho still a bit early to tell is the sleep I’m getting is more peaceful not the awful nightmares I have been having for a long while, fingers crossed this maintains as that means any sleep I’m getting is more restful therefore I feel more refreshed even on a few hour sleep. Let’s hope it continued & gets better.
Good luck everyone, rooting for you all.

8 Likes

I am so glad to hear that it is working for all of you. Sadly, I am struggling. My sleep has deteriorated if anything. I find that I feel really tired, as you say, but then I go to bed and I am restless and agitated and my legs twitch and my skin feels itchy. Is anyone else not having a good reaction - or is it just me??

8 Likes

Morning @dcm.leeds and I’m sorry to hear about the restless nights … what we do know from the first two studies is that individual responses to plants are extremely unique … so we can’t take an average response - good, bad or indifferent and apply it specifically to any one person (why we created sofi)! It will be good to map your non-response to a plant as much as your response to a plant at a high level of certainty as that will give us powerful steer (based on the natural phyto-chemistry of the plants) which ones work for you (and which other ones may be good to try next)! The good news is that we are going to cycle both valerian and passiflora on this generation of sofi pod, capsule, app and systems so we will get a really good comparative picture that is unique to you … z also adding @pamelaspence to see from her perspective what she’s seen from Ashwa in practice … hope you have a better and more restful weekend :pray:

6 Likes

So sorry @dcm.leeds that Ashwa isnt working its magic on you. We are definitely all different in how we react to chemicals, even natural products. I think i was very restless with Valerian.
I hope that the next lot helps you x

4 Likes

Oh What a Night! :dancer:
(With apologies to those not feeling it) I cannot help but celebrate.

EIGHT hours last night and only half an hour awake in the middle.
Finally! Such relief.
Got to sleep quickly every night for the last week.
I cant thank sofi enough :woman_cartwheeling:

9 Likes

Don’t worry. I will persevere. I was lucky that valerian and passiflora worked really well for me. I am going to see how it goes over time. Taking the sprays a bit earlier tonight. Will see if that helps. Will absolutely monitor my progress

5 Likes

Wow! I am so excited to try it out! I have depression, anxiety, and insomnia (also undiagnosed ADD) and although I was hesitant to choose the medication route, I have been on antidepressants for a few years now and have been searching for ways to treat my problems other than medication. If this works, it will be life changing for me. Can’t wait!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see how you and Ashwagandha get along … importantly, we will also cycle through all of the plants on this new sofi generation of pod / app / capsules so you will get a chance to try all the plants assuming you are all journaled up … adding @alexwalkerjones so we can support your progress :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @dcm.leeds ,
Sorry to hear you’ve had some disturbed nights. I haven’t come across those effects fromusing ashwagandha with patients in clinic before. Of course that doesn’t mean it can’t happen - we all have individual responses to herbs as Kaveh said. Spmething is going on and it’s either a co-incidence, or that’s your body’s response to this plant.

I wonder if less sprays would work better for you?

Let us know how you get on! :blush::herb:

4 Likes

Thanks Pamela. I will do.

5 Likes

Are any more pioneers finding Ashwagandha helpful other than the half a dozen or so who have posted in here?

Lots of long time pioneers must have received the first wave of the sprays. I’d love to know how others are getting on.

I’m still finding it really good for getting to sleep and going to start the second pod tonight :star_struck: :woman_cartwheeling:

7 Likes

I am still struggling sadly. Just over 3 hours sleep last night. Worse than when not spraying. This has been consistent for the whole time of using ashwagandha. No idea why it doesn’t like me or how sleep can be worse with it than without it. I had hoped that after a week it might settle but last night was the worst yet. Glad you are finding it helpful.

6 Likes

I have been on the Ashwagandha first vial for about a week. Horroble sweet sickly taste but if you can get over that it has had an impact. Sleep is not necessarily longer but it is more continous and hence refreshing. I am probably sleeping the same number of hours but feeling less tired. One thing i have noticed is that my dreams have become more vivid and i remember more of them when i wake up. Previously i could never remember any of my dreams. They are intersting dreams as well. Big adventures. Not horrors i am glad to say. The next stgae for me is to sleep longer! Thank you so much for what you have given so far Sofi. It has made a difference.

6 Likes

That’s incredible to here that Ashwa is impacting your restorative sleep … I’m not sure how it is impacting my sleep but definately I’m getting through long long days and I think I’m just more centred and I have more clarity. I’ve always not slept cause I won’t let myself … but when I do I wake up rested even when I sleep short period @robertvanderzalm@dcm.leeds keep going … I’ve just started my third capsule as I began a little earlier than the community first wave … I think it’s a gentler plant for me and I started to get more from half way through the second bottle … not like valerian that kind of knocked me flat relatively early on … but super different. I’m finding my responses to each of the plants entirely different … which is amazing. I mean clearly I know the underlying science why … but it’s a different thing experiencing it. Wishing you both an awesome Wednesday :pray:

5 Likes

I have had mixed results over the last week using pod 3. I now fall asleep easier and I’m waking up less in the night. I still do get the odd night when I can’t get back to sleep. But, having said that…. after years of only sleeping for 2 hours at a time, waking up, wandering around the house and going back to sleep for another few hours, I am finally sleeping nearly all night and only waking up once or twice. It’s absolutely brilliant, I’m actually looking forward to going to bed now :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes