Ashwagandha working its magic

I am now on my second capsule and really notice that i am waking up very groggy every morning after using x3 squirts before sleep. Also i am having very vivid dreams. Normally i cannot remember them but since using Ashw i am remembering 20pc.or so of them. Sleep is quite broken as i wake up during the dream, but can get back to sleep again and pick up where i left off. I am thinking of going down to 2 squirts.

5 Likes

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be helping me either. I’ll stick with it though as I’ve read that it can take some time (a few weeks) to have effect. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Same here unfortunately. :cry:

4 Likes

Things have improved for me over the time I have been spraying. Now well down the 2nd vial and I have found what are the best times to spray for me. I am sleeping much better now so I think it takes time to have an impact. Stay with it.

6 Likes

Still not doing it for me unfortunately. In fact when I decided to not spray one night I had the best nights sleep that I can remember (though this could have been through sheer exhaustion!). I Really don’t know what the problem is, nothing seems to have helped me so far, but I’ll still keep persevering. So pleased that it is working for a lot of you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I’ve been using ashwanghada for less than a week but so far my sleep has deteriorated and I feel more alert when I get to bed, not less. Is anyone wearing a continuous glucose monitor (CGM). I’m wondering if the sweetener is enough to cause a glucose spike and thus, my deteriorated sleep.

6 Likes

My husband does, but unfortunately that’s no help at all! :rofl:
Good point though, I really can’t work out why it’s having this effect.

4 Likes

That’s super interesting point @Net and and I would love to invite our lovely @pamelaspence to see what her thoughts are … you know this plant is an adaptogen … a sort of tonic … again this is not my space and I leave our Pamela to comment but I am using the Ashwa more frequently at lower dose throughout the day … more as a method of chill I suppose than a sleep aid. If after two capsules you’re still not feeling a useful effect … @pamelaspence would it be worth shifting to a lower dose higher frequency day time use to see if the plant nudges you in the way I think it’s helping me?

The other thought I have is that it will be super interesting to see how different / unique your response will be to Ashwa versus when we cycle through valeriana and passiflora on this platform build over the summer … it be amazing to document completely different and consist (statistical significant) responses to these plants as they each target different pathways for better sleep and stress … wishing all a wonderful Sunday and look forward to reading @pamelaspence’s views on this. :pray:

4 Likes

Really interesting responses to ashwagandha going on here and another couple that i have been commenting on over the last few days.

I have never known ashwagandha to cause sleep disturbance when i give it to patients in clinic but it has been mentioned enough times now that something is going on for sure. The ashwagandha in the sofi pods is more concentrated than I use normally so that may be why i haven’t seen this before.

@Kaveh makes a good point about it being a tonic herb. So this one is more about turning down stress levels and helping the body to function better when under stress which then ALLOWS sleep than valerian, for example which has a stronger and more immediate calming effect.

I would expect to see improvements in stress levels and feelings of coping with stress within a roughly 10 day window, but it may take a bit longer to start impacting sleep.

Anyone finding their sleep negatively impacted could try taking their sprays earlier in the day and of that still doesnhelp then reducing the number of sprays can be something to try.

Grateful for you all sharing as we learn how this plant performs in the sofi eco-system :pray::herb:

4 Likes

Very interesting!
Yes I think I’ll try it during the day instead. Watch this space!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes