Ashwaghanda and anxiety

Have been using ashwagandha for 10 days and have found my already high anxiety level to be increasing each day. This is not what I expected. No sleep improvements either. Can this herb INCREASE anxiety levels? @pamelaspence

5 Likes

Hello @kteach99 ,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear this. This is not a known side effect of ashwaganda and not something I have come across when using it in my practice.

However, we do know that not every herb will suit every person.

So I would suggest stopping using the sprays, leave it a few days and see whether you feel better. If you would like to try again after that you could just try one soray at a time to see whether the same thing happens, but if you wiuls rather not try then we totally understand!

Let us know how you get on,

:herb:

2 Likes

I was only using 1 or 2 sprays per day. I have stopped using it for the past week. But anxiety has not gone down much.

3 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for the extra information.

Is it possible that something else has changed for you? Other medications, stress levels, diet etc. The length of time a herb can affect is fairly short so it should be well out of your system by a week.

Sorry that your experience hasn’t been what you had hoped.

Pamela :herb:

2 Likes

Hello. I had a negative response at first like you but persevered and after a week or so I found my sleep improved and my anxiety levels decreased. It just took a while to start working.

2 Likes

So did your anxiety increase at first with the ashwagandha?

2 Likes

Yes. My sleep was also worse for almost a week. Found it really hard to get to sleep and had broken nights. It eased.

2 Likes