Broken sleep linked to anxiety anger?

Does anyone else get really irritated and mad when their anxiety is peak after a crappy run of sleep? I get weirdly angry about things that normally would only irk me and I’d rectify it, e.g someone making a mess in my house. But atm my anxiety is so pitchy when something sets me off I’m getting extrovert type angry. I feel like it’s people trying to make my anxiety worse when I’m begging them to be more mindful :sweat:

10 Likes

I get like this aswell :weary: it’s horrible and I snap for no reason

2 Likes

This and the heat we’ve had this week :hot_face: has probably made me quite grumpy :joy:

2 Likes

The heat definitely isn’t helping. I’m just sick of feeling like I’m explaining myself thoroughly to the people I live with only for it to all fall on deaf ears. It’s like they think “Asuna asked but doing it puts me out so screw her mental health!” Everyone always suddenly had their own problems when I finally open my mouth about what’s destabilising me :pleading_face:

4 Likes

If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to send me a message :slight_smile: hope you’re having a lovely weekend

2 Likes

It doesn’t sound like what you’re asking is irrational or unfair, so don’t blame yourself too much! Also remember that they are thinking more about themselves than you or anyone else. They may find it easier to do something without thinking how it affects others and making a small extra effort for the sake of other people. Sharing accomadation with non like minded people can be very difficult! I know it can feel like ignorance or sometimes even an attack but it’s probably nothing personal, I know how you feel when almost as if people completely ignore your request no matter how nicely you ask. They more than likely jusy don’t understand how it makes others feel. I’m sure if they did and they had experience themselves they would make more of an effort. Try not to react as this can sometimes make people want to trigger you. I try to respond rather than react. If that makes sense.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to do more now. I’m at that point where it feels like pleading at an almost beggars state has got me nowhere so I’m asking the nicest way possible just to pull out all the stops. It sounds condescending as I’m saying it but maybe they just need the bs nicely approach. Most days I feel like banging their heads together or setting fire to the house but telling them that got me nowhere so now I’m asking as if I’m ordering costa :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks man I really appreciate it! I actually had a really nice weekend with my sisters at the beach for a change. Feeling good that I got 20,000 steps in :joy:

3 Likes

Sounds like a great weekend , but sounds like hell on your feet :joy::joy: glad you had a good weekend !

3 Likes

I’m like this at the moment. Ridiculously so x

2 Likes