Bubble trouble & sleep time

Is anyine else
having problems getting the bubbles to shrink or make bigger? It takes forever and numerous attempts to get to the right size, and last few days I’ve not been asked how long I’ve slept or how well, although I hwve been asked about focus levels. Just wondering if its the same for everyone

6 Likes

Hi @MissTQ
Sorry that bubbles frustrate you that much. I think their responsiveness really depends on the phone processing power so we are still getting more info on that.

As for journalling, you should be getting one journal (sleep, bubbles, calm/focus) while on baseline and two journals a day when spraying (sleep + bubbles in the morning and focus + calm + bubbles in the evening). Let me know if that’s different for you!

3 Likes

I seem to be just getting the focus followed by the sliding scale of how we are coping, then bubbles, I will keep my eyes open and let you know how tomorrow goes

3 Likes

Yes, that would be an evening journal! And your sleep question comes in the morning/afternoon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got both today, bubbles still hard to mske bigger or smaller, I’m on a samsung A12, it takes a while to make the size right, trial and error, thought I’d sussed it out, press harder on the screen, but just tried that again, didnt work, so still happily, she says with gritted teeth, going forward each day in the hope it settles. I was gonna suggest it could be the tempered glass screen saver i have on, but its was on before, they were ok before the last update, hey ho, onwards and upwards

4 Likes

Hi, sometimes the bubbles wont do as they’re told, but i find if i try a different bubble and then go back to the one that wont do as its told, it does

4 Likes

Same here, MissTQ. I guessed the computer is programmed to vary the questions and I just go with the flow. As far as the bubbles go, they take their time to appear and whether my double-tapping my screen helps or not, I’ve no idea but having got rid of those I don’t want, I find that tapping once on the two - sometimes three - that I recognise makes it possible to pinch or expand each. Frankly, it seems to be a general indicator but one that tries to focus my mind on the various feelings.

4 Likes

Ive done the daily morning struggle with the bubbles, @alexwalkerjones @Kaveh can i ask if the questions will be back, the ones that appeared when we are using the pods, asking whats the last week been like etc. I can then try to explain the feelings and reason for the choice of bubbles, I found that was helpful. Had a very bad night last night.

4 Likes

You should see those soon MissTQ.
I got the first journal questions this morning where you can write about how you feel and slept etc during the last week x

5 Likes

I haven’t had it yet, but I’ve found that the bubbles are easier done with the gentle touch rather than trying to put pressure on screen, so thats sorted. Yay :partying_face:

3 Likes

This is all amazing feedback @MissTQ and hugely grateful for your incredible patience with the new sofi bubbles! We hope this will allow sofi to make even better and more accurate observations faster. :pray:

4 Likes

My wife and I are both on the programme and find the bubbles very annoying.
They look good as a sales pitch but are not good to use.
We delete and not relevant for that day which seems to give a bit more space to adjust the others but I think static slide bars would be a lot better idea.

5 Likes

Really appreciate the feedbsck @Martin! Can I ask which mobile devices you are on and what screen resolution your device is on. Always helpful in understanding the feedback. The bubbles is something many love but what we may look at in future product roadmap is to create a secondary version, particularly for devices that struggle with it, that uses a lot less processing and mostly probably have a user experience not too dissimilar to what you’re describing Martin … (adding @enricovarano here as well as would need to think through how this could also impact sofi brain processing for results so we could move simply between them). Menstime, super grateful Martin for all feedback and as this always helps with our future feature roadmap. In the meantime, thx for being part of this journey with us (and for persevering through our iterative prototyping). Wishing you both a wonderful weekend :pray:

5 Likes

I agree, I too hate the bubbles

2 Likes

Thank you for the very quick response.

I think having bars rather than the bevels would make the results a lot more accurate whereas often I just can’t be bothered to keep chasing the bug around trying to make it the size I feed it should be I’m guessing a lot of other people doing the same, just to like mention that.
Martin

5 Likes

It’s a Poco X3 Pro
On 120htz

DISPLAY
Type IPS LCD, 120Hz, HDR10, 450 nits (typ)
Size 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 6

Hope this helps.

Martin

3 Likes

Super helpful @Martin … will share with dev team. I want to make sure this is also a phone we are getting the app quality checked against. :pray:

3 Likes

I sort of agree about the bubbles being a bit tricky to resize BUT how ‘accurate’ do they need to be anyway? And how accurately can people even assess the different aspects of their mood? I know i can’t describe mine other than it’s ‘mostly this plus a bit of that and a bit of something else’

I always feel tired so that is always my biggest bubble, and sometimes i might feel a bit down, or uneasy, or whatever, but i would not be able to put that into an exact percentage. It’s a descriptive mix of feelings which can change over time and is difficult to put into numerical terms. So the approximate relative size of the blobs seems sufficient to me.

Basically i think it is us rather than the method of recording that places limits on how accurate this information can be. Although i dont know how the sofi analysis processes this information other than to give the approximate percentages of the different components of our mood, i imagine that it doesn’t need the data to be any more exact than we are capable of providing to assess our general mood category.

Since bubbles began i have always been in the same category ‘a little fatigued’. Sometimes i am totally knackered and i have no idea if that is another category because i never make the tired bubble take over the screen at those times. We each have different perceptions and expectations of how we feel. I dont tend to do extremes in either type of the mood assessments. Mustn’t grumble in my older age! :grin:

6 Likes

Hi, I always have trouble with shrinking/enlarging the bubbles. I thought it was my sausage fingers causing the problem so I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one experiencing this :smile: I don’t always have to record the amount of sleep I achieved, but I do have to record my focus levels and how I’m feeling about the control I have for my life choices. I hope this helps to make you feel better that it’s not just you :blush:

3 Likes

Come to think of it, the app hasn’t asked me the last couple of days how I’ve slept! The bubbles are pain! Mine disappear sometimes when I try and shrink them or make them bigger. Don’t know if it’s my technique or my phone

4 Likes