Bug reporting - app & website

Hi all,

I’m Kirill, product owner of the sofi mobile app and I am very excited to meet you!

I’m glad to announce that we’ve recently released our app to Google Play and TestFlight (full iOS release planned for January) :tada: And we can’t wait to hear what you think of our first iteration of the app.

App improvement is of course a continuous process, and one that will be based on your feedback. There will be many more features that we will release over the coming months and years. So when you see something is off (e.g. button seems to be partially out of the screen) or you have a suggestion for a feature - please let us know here! We’ll make sure to address every comment :slightly_smiling_face:

Bug reporting

If you happen to find a bug in the app, or the website, it would be enormously helpful for us to know the following:

• Reproduction steps: In other words, what steps do we need to take to see the same thing happen?
  • Screenshots: Any screenshots you can provide will really help tell the story.
  • Videos: Sometimes it’s even better if you create a little video showing what’s happening.
  • Phone make/model and software version: For app based bugs, this is probably the most important information for us. There are so many makes and models out there that it really helps narrow down the issue if we know which users are affected.
  • Website bugs: If you could let us know which browser you are using (as well as the version), that again really helps us narrow down the problem.

Of course, if you need any help with the above, please do not hesitate to reach out and we’ll be more than happy to jump in and help out where we can!

Thank you all so much for reading this and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Kirill

11 Likes

Is there another app release happening soon I hear @Kirill ?

1 Like

@Kaveh yes, it happened yesterday for both iOS and Android!

2 Likes

Hi there. I have an iPhone 7 Plus and latest iOS version. I tried to install your app using your link in the email. But the app just crashes - it tries to open TestFlight, but immediately crashes. I have the latest version of TestFlight installed too.

Hi I could not complete registration in the iOS app on the latest version of iPhone SE. When I get to this screen I cannot continue

1 Like

Hi Brian,

Thanks for letting us know! It turns out the fonts on iPhone SE are bigger and therefore the “next” button doesn’t fit on the screen :frowning:

We’ll be releasing a patch later today! You won’t need to update anything, just close and open the app again in the evening.

Thanks and sorry for this bug,

Alex - your content and communications manager

3 Likes

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

For some reason, we were having trouble getting the link to connect to the TestFlight app but thankfully it turns out the solution is an easy one. You can either copy/paste the link into your google browser or follow this link for the updated version: Join the sofi health beta - TestFlight - Apple

Kind regards and please be in touch if you’re still experiencing any trouble!

Alex - your content and communications manager at sofi

3 Likes

Hi not sure if it’s just me but the bit on the bottom of someone message has gone I can’t reply to someone or like the message?

2 Likes

Have you still got that problem now @sonja.ekkers.77 ? You mean on the app rather than the treehouse I assume? Otherwise I’m somewhat confused as to how you wrote the above message :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No it’s back now it was here in the three house topics .

1 Like

This bit was missing earlier

1 Like

Spooky :ghost: Well, let’s keep an eye on it and see if it happens more often :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Kirill what do you think about sharing a forward release of the next set of features we are fixing in the app for the guys here in the Treehouse to be able to track and see if those releases are making a difference and improving their experiences?

1 Like

Glitches this morning, managed to put time slept, went to next section and stuck. Now it says I’ve done my journal for day.

3 Likes

Hi @Kaveh
I’ll be posting release notes here! Next release is happening this week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@triplethreat3 Could you please elaborate on how you stuck there? What didn’t work?

2 Likes

Screen just froze, couldn’t move out of it.

2 Likes

@triplethreat3 Did you have to close the app and launch it again?

2 Likes

I shut down, went back in and it had logged me for that night.

3 Likes