Sofi Beta app expired

Well this is the message I’m receiving tonight while trying to do my spray doses - unable to open the app at all despite being only half way through my pod journey… @Kaveh , please advise? I rebooted etc, too no avail…

3 Likes

Morning @kaneary and happy Sunday! I just checked my app and it is working but am adding @Kirill and @alexwalkerjones so we can track this right away. Thank you as always for sharing all of this xx :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @kaneary
If you go to the TestFlight app you will see an “update” option for the sofi app. Once you update it should be up and running!

4 Likes

@Kirill i just had another message from an iOS Pioneer with this … would this happen until we are running sofi on Test Flight and is this because some pioneers have set their app to automate the updated and others have disabled it? Should we ask Pioneers on iOS to enable automatic update as no doubt we will push out many more improvements and upgrades over the comings weeks and months or are these unrelated? Happy Sunday all! :pray:

5 Likes

Yes, exactly, for iOS users it would be best to tap on sofi app in TestFlight and make sure automatic updates are enabled (screenshot below).

Good call @Kaveh

5 Likes

I have the same message “beta expired”. If I open “Testflight” the message i receive is “no apps available to test”…

3 Likes

Morning @laurent.rossier and hope you are having a restful weekend! Have you had a try of using the links for the sofi app on the survival guide and see if that changes things here? Copying them below in case that helps.

Test flight: ‎TestFlight on the App Store

sofi app: TestFlight - Apple

Let me know if this works on your side. Also adding @Kirill and @alexwalkerjones into here. Also you may want to consider to enable automatic updates when the sofi app reinstalls as we have tonnes of adjustments and features we will be releasing over the next four months and as the app is still in beta mode there is always a chance that it may get dropped.

:pray:

2 Likes

@Kaveh @Kirill @alexwalkerjones
Thank you.
I have tried using the 2 links you have shared.
The first link leads to the same result (see screenshot sent in earlier message)
The second link leads to the following:

3 Likes

When clicking on the “redeem” link it leads to the following:

3 Likes

This is excellent feedbsck @laurent.rossier … I have shared it with the dev team including @Kirill @filipe and @mathiassilva4 and will have a concrete update shortly. From what I can see it looks like iOS has been slow to approve the latest build of the sofi app on iOS and this has over ran the contingency window than the dev team had budgeted in order t on have continuous service. More on this shortly :pray:

2 Likes

I just tried to click on Test Flight and it said it needed an invitation code. And then underneath it suggested “you currently have to test.” Where might I get the code and if I have no apps, where can I download those?

4 Likes

Happy Sunday @MJB … just got an update from dev team and shared this update with @Dannx. Essentially we are waiting on apple to approve our latest version of the sofi app. Usually this happens within 24 hours and we are approaching 48 hrs. They approve 90 percent of apps by then so fingers xed this should hopefully be resolved shortly. :pray:

3 Likes

Hi, we’re very sorry for the interruption. Apple only allows us to release builds through TestFlight for 90 days. We were not expecting to reach that deadline before doing a full App Store release, and only noticed a couple days before the expiration date. We’ve requested an expedited review to Apple, and the new version should hopefully be available later today.

6 Likes

That’s brilliant @filipe. Adding @alexwalkerjones and @Kirill so we can share this as well with Pioneers on iOS experiencing difficulties today. Looking forward to this being resolved shortly. Happy Sunday all. :pray:

4 Likes

This is what I get also when opening Testflight - also checked settings for automatic updates to both Sofi and TestFlight and there are no options for that in my settings.

3 Likes

Happy Sunday! Will be patient then… meanwhile, should we just keep dosing as usual and resume journaling when this gets resolved?

3 Likes

I’m hoping by your dinner time which should be in nine to ten hours Apple should have reviewed and approved our app. @filipe has asked them to prioritise the review. But in case it hasn’t I would take your valerian as usual as we don’t want to interrupt your consistent dosing. Fingers x’ed the app should be back up and running. I will ask @filipe and @Kirill to keep us posted. Thx again @kaneary for all the huge patience and support! xx :pray:

3 Likes

@Kaveh @Kirill @kaneary
I was able to get an update on the app via TestFlight.
Clicked on the link and “opened” sofi-app, which worked well.
I was not able to locate the “auto-update” option though but that doesn’t seem to be as important for now (it showed that this version of the app will be available for 89 days)

Have a good rest of Sunday

4 Likes

Yes, Apple let the app through ~30min ago!

@kaneary let us know if it works for you.
And apologies to anyone else affected by this today!

4 Likes

That’s great work @Kirill, @filipe and @mathiassilva4 … thank you for getting our iOS Pioneers back up and running! @alexwalkerjones we may want to reach out individually in the morning to all of our iOS Pioneers to make sure that they are all restored on the latest version of the app (and to also enable the auto update within test flight). Wishing all a restful night and a productive week ahead. :pray:

2 Likes