Changes to our Pioneer Studies moving forward

Good morning @MissTQ - this is a really important and valid question you ask! I want to make sure to give it a thorough explanation: :pray:

At the moment, all the pods in the hands of current Pioneers are not allowed to be legally sold - they strictly have to be given away due to certification regulations, not having the right device markings for a product that is to be sold, etc - so we unfortunately canā€™t include them as part of a paid package/service.

We are also running extensive battery certification and testingā€¦ so the pods included in your subscription may look similar but the product has gone through extensive hardening and improvement.

As for the cost; we are selling the pods at the cost of the raw electronics, as similar levels of technologies would typically retail closer to Ā£99. This is our commitment to make sofi as accessible as possible! For current pioneers, who have helped us shape sofi like yourself, we are also freezing all our subscription and pod prices for life - as post general release we expect both to rise to allow for sufficient margin for sofi to operate as a successful business.

I hope that helps to clarify things xx

13 Likes

Well Iā€™ve pre-ordered. I think I selected Ashwagandha to start off with. Fingers crossed that it helps. Iā€™m glad to see that Sofi is nearly ready to launch to the public - I guess it means that the trials have been a success!

9 Likes

Itā€™s incredible to have your support in this new chapter for our sofi @Zastruga ā€¦ the sofi studies proved that we can make deeply individual observations about our responses to plants and that indeed our responses are super individual :pray: one of the next phase of activation in the sofi app is to enable your responses to each of the plants as visible results in the app ā€¦ we are going to give the dev team a breather and a fhemce to catch their breath but this is going to be a super exciting feature ā€¦ so you can toggle between all the plants you have tried and see the loudest signal they registered as you were using them.

9 Likes

Very grateful to have you in our community @Lotusman. Absolutely love your thirst for knowledge, data and scientific observation. To begin our journey sofi we began with review nearly 1,000 peer reviewed journals on the pharmacological pathways of sleeplessness and anxiety and the plants that had been observed in randomised control to have specific action on those pathways ā€¦ so the reason our three power plants are Valerian , passiflora and Ashwa is both due to their tremendous history in use in human health as well as the limited scientific evidence which stated to be generated over the last century.

Our mission at sofi isnā€™t to prove that these plants work. On this we rely on the great traditions of use, our scientific peers and our partnership with the team of scientists working on this project. The central question that sofi answers is to what extent do each of these plants impact you specifically rather than a random grouping of folks. For this @Lotusman nothing beats baselining with the sofi app and registering for your sofi pod. There are nine pathways of sleeplessness and four for anxiety - two are shared ā€¦ so across these 11 pathways it is extremely difficult (if not impossible) for a person to make an observation as to which pathway is relevant for them.

With sofi we begin to map this together. So we are evolving the method and mathematics from herd/group level analysis to ā€œN/of/1ā€ where discovery and cause and effect happens around one - you.

If you are interested in the underlying scientific summaries please let us know and tagging @alexwalkerjones so we can share them with you ā€¦ if you are interested in knowing your specific response to these incredible plants, register (order - Sofi) and begin your journey.

Hope you have an amazing Friday and welcome to the community. :pray:

11 Likes

Exactly my thoughts patiently awaiting to try for months after spending ridiculous amounts on the next new fad that promises the earth but alas gives nothing . I need to try to see if it actually works for me before committing to a subscription

7 Likes

Ah so I wonā€™t see anything this year unless I order? I got my pebble a few weeks ago, Iā€™m Always late to the party :pensive:

4 Likes

we wonā€™t leave any pioneers behind @Songpoiiop and most certainly if you have received your pebble you are going to receive a pod. But we have stopped the program so we are not recruiting any further as we have an amazing Pioneer community and going forward all of our studies will be open to all Pioneers. As for when you receive a pod - production to give all active pioneers a pod will be end of the year. If you want to accelerate that you can pre-order as we have limited production coming in the first and second waves and now need to begin to turn our sofi on as a business after more than two years of development :pray: but as long as you continue to journal and remain active here we will honour our sofi pebbles and our Pioneers :pray:

8 Likes

Super grateful for your patience @Chan43 during our development phase which has now been over two years, and hundreds of iteration to sofi pod and app. Unlike most interventions that bets on a single formulation as curing a target state sofi is very different. It maps unique responses to each medicinal plants. We are as interested in finding confidently a response as we also identify none-response. Our end objective here isnā€™t to sell valerian, passiflora, ashwagandha or our evolving plant roadmap ā€¦ but to help map unique responses to them, ultimately identifying the one that works best for you. And after more than four global pilots we are confident in sofiā€™s ability to make individual observations. We are offering our service at cost for the first few months and for all Pioneers we will lock that price in for life. If that price is inaccessible we will work hard to make it more accessible over time and with greater volumes. Tagging @alexwalkerjones to see if you are one of the last Pioneers to get over the line ahead of the development program closing. Thx again for being part of our development journey and I hope you will continue with this community, and our desire to change the way the entire wellness market operates by building technology and systems around your unique responses rather than selling generics. :pray:

12 Likes

Thanks for the very detailed update.:+1:t2::blush:

6 Likes

Thats well explained, thanks @alexwalkerjones

6 Likes

Iā€™d really like to preorder and subscribe. Iā€™m very grateful Iā€™ve had the opportunity to take part as one of the pioneers as Iā€™ve struggled with sleep for a long time. Iā€™m also going through some very stressful things at the moment so anything that helps is good.

So far Iā€™ve found the ashwagandha helped me feel calmer but Iā€™ve recently started the passiflora and think thatā€™s helping me a bit more. I think it helps with my sleep as well as calm but then I think the ashwagandha was good for calm so itā€™s difficult to choose.

Am I right that I can change the plant at any time in my subscription? Would it be once a month I could change it or can I do it mid month?

Iā€™m probably being a bit stupid. Iā€™ve been so stressed recently I struggle to focus sometimes so sorry for asking something thatā€™s probably been covered.

The other question I have is my finances are quite tight at the moment. I really want to subscribe and I think itā€™s just about doable for me but can I ask about what happens if my financial situation changes mid subscription? if I sign up for the 12 month plan and Iā€™m no longer able to afford it at some point, am I allowed to cancel the remaining months subscription? I understand if that happens Iā€™d lose the free months which is fair enough.

I hope I wonā€™t need to cancel but Iā€™m a natural worrier, always thinking about worse case scenarios.

Thank you to everyone on the Sofi team for all your hard work on this and Iā€™m excited about the next stage of Sofi coming to market! :heart:

8 Likes

Iā€™m signed up for my beloved passiflora, this has been amazing for me, at least 8 hours a night, sometimes 10, i may wake up, but Iā€™m off to sleep again very quickly. Iā€™m one of a few that Folfox chemo doesnā€™t wipe out, it hasnā€™t made me feel tired and it hasnā€™t helped me sleep, but I found out today that the cancer hasnā€™t grown, I am on a 2 month break, then reevaluate after that, Iā€™m a happy bunny right now, celebrating the small win :partying_face:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s some good news Rosemarie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Iā€™m so pleased to hear your cancer hasnā€™t grown @MissTQ and I hope things continue to improve for you :pray: :heart:

Iā€™ve only been taking passiflora for a few days so canā€™t tell for sure yet but I think itā€™s definitely helping my sleep. Ashwagandha helped me feel calm but Iā€™m not sure it did as much for my sleep. Iā€™m trying to decide which to go for but feel reassured that Sofi will let us change plants if we want.

6 Likes

Passiflora saved me when i stumbled onto sofi in the middle of the night middle of last year, and it did save me, having had no sleep for days, i was in hospital and i tried passiflora and slept all night waking once, Iā€™d toldthe nurses to not to wake me until morning meds, being in my own room helped. I hope it works as well for you

7 Likes

Great News @MissTQ :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hi @Purplepink, your questions and totally valid and we are so grateful to have had you onboard as an integral part of shaping and helping sofi to grow!

To answer your question:

The default plant youā€™ll receive for shipment will be the plant sofi finds that you respond to the best. Of course, before this ships each month, youā€™ll absolutely have the choice to choose to swap plant, and may continue to do so for as many months as you like!

Swapping mid-month wouldnā€™t be possible as shipment of formulations only takes place once per month, and additionally, sofi really needs all 30 days of spraying and journaling with each plant in order to accurately assess your results!

With all of our subscription, you are free to cancel anytime with 30-days notice. This means that when cancelling, youā€™ll have one final month of formulation refills, before your plan would be cancelled permanently. This is the same whether you choose a 3-month, 6-month, or 12-month plan - the number of free months you receive on the end of that plan (and the one-time cost of our latest generation sofi pod), simply depends on the duration you choose.

I hope this helps to ease your mind. There are no cancellation fees to worry about - just that notice of min 30 days.

:blue_heart: :pray:

10 Likes

Thanks @pira, i think so, time to relax a wee bit, going away in October to visit friends in Mallorca, itā€™ll be the first time away since i had the emergency op to put stoma in, Iā€™m a little self conscious, but i have to remeber that what other people think is none of my business, and its me who has to be happy with it, and i am, it saved my life. Iā€™m a happy bunny right now

12 Likes

Thank you so much for explaining everything so well @alexwalkerjones and for not making me feel stupid for asking my questions! :blush:

Thatā€™s very reassuring to me and Iā€™m excited to continue my Sofi journey. I think the way itā€™s going to work sounds ideal. I hope I wonā€™t need to cancel during my subscription :pray: but Iā€™m the type of worst case scenario worrier person so itā€™s good to have the reassurance. :blush::heart:

I definitely want to preorder and now just need to make my decision between ashwagandha and passiflora for my first month. I found ashwagandha (with taste, I liked all three flavours but my absolute favourite was the yellow caramel although I know some people find that too sweet).

Ashwagandha helped me feel calmer but although Iā€™ve only been using passiflora for a week I think so far thatā€™s had slightly better results for my sleep. Itā€™s a tough choice!

I hope you enjoy your holiday @MissTQ

7 Likes

Ideally Iā€™d like to continue using passiflora for a few more days before I decide between that and ashwagandha for my first subscription plant but Iā€™d like to lock in my preorder this weekend.

Am I right that if I preorder now, I can change the plant before you send it out? I wouldnā€™t change my mind last minute but say I sign-up this weekend then in a few weeks time decide to change the plant? Would that be ok?

Thanks for your patience with all my questions! :pray::heart:

8 Likes