FAQs: on account + subscriptions

Welcome to our frequently asked questions doc on all things account / subscription-related.

Use the links below to navigate, and let us know if there are any questions not yet answered below that you think we should add! To view the full list of related FAQ topics, click here.

on account + subscription

1. how do sofi subscriptions work?

2. how can I refer a friend/family member to sofi?

3. what is sofi’s referral rewards program?

4. what are sofi seeds?

5. how can I earn sofi seeds?

6. how can I spend my sofi seeds?

7. how do I change my plant/formulation before my next shipment?

8. how do I make a return?

9. how do I pause my subscription?

10. how do I cancel my subscription?

2 Likes

1. how do sofi subscriptions work?

sofi is sold as a sofi pod + sofi capsule refill subscription which includes access to our journaling app and online community.

Our focus is not on selling bottles of ashwagandha, valerian, or any particular plant - but providing an ongoing service that maps each pioneers’ unique and evolving response to any formulation, unlike any product or platform to currently exist.

Our subscriptions guarantee that you get to experience all three of our hero formulations: valerian, passiflora, and ashwagandha, in your first three months, as well as take part in new Pioneer Studies with new, unreleased plants.

Subscription plans

You can choose from one of three subscription packages:

• 12 months - pay for nine months, get three free
  • 6 months - pay for five months, get one free
  • 3 months - no free capsules

The longer the subscription, the lower the cost of your pod. Subscriptions are charged monthly, on an ongoing basis, until your subscription is stopped. You can cancel with 30-days notice.

What about pre-orders?

Pre-order payment reserves your sofi pod from our limited production capacity in late 2023 and early 2024 . Your subscription begins when your starter pack is sent out in late 2023 (containing your sofi pod and first three capsules for month 1).

With over 374 million tonnes of electronic waste on Earth, and USB-C chargers as the dominant format in charging your smartphone, we didn’t see the need to add yet one more cable. If you don’t have one, please write to us and we will dispatch one to you :pray:

After spraying with each plant for 30 days, the formulation you respond to the best then becomes the one you are shipped monthly on subscription.

Of course, you have the option to change which plant you receive, anytime.

Our promise:

Should sofi not see a positive response to the plants within 100 days, we will enrol you, without charge, in new plant studies being activated on the sofi platform until we discover the one for you.

5 Likes

2. how can I refer a friend/family member to sofi?

Our sofi rewards program is the perfect opportunity to share the value of pioneering with sofi with those you feel may benefit from making new, unique discoveries with plants the most!

Simply copy the referral link from your account settings (web) or the homepage of your sofi app, and share it with the people you would like to invite (feel free to include your own message).

Your unique link can also be added to any social media page or “bio” for others to click on and sign up for sofi. This way you’ll get rewarded with sofi seeds each time you help to spread the word and grow our community.

All of your earned seeds will be saved to your sofi seed bank, daily, and can later be exchanged for exclusive merchandise in the sofi store. You can track how your referrals are progressing at any time via your sofi app.

We look forward to welcoming all your friends, family and neighbours!

Xx

3 Likes

3. what is sofi’s referral rewards program?

At sofi we firmly believe in the power of community and know that without all of you we would not be where we are right now. It has always been sofi’s mission to involve you in the development of our products and our company growth and we want to ensure you share in our success.

So, as a more tangible reward for helping us on our mission to reconnect people and plants, we’ve created a cash-back referral program that pays £5 (or $5) for each and every person you refer to a subscription with us.

How it works

Not only will you receive £5/$5 cash-back as a thank you from us to you - but a £5 discount will be automatically applied, during checkout, to the subscription plan of each friend or family member you refer. (Meanwhile, the sofi seeds you earn when they download the app or complete a journey won’t change, so you’ll continue adding to your seed bank too)!

You can request a payout for your money earned anytime after the allotted 30-days, receivable via PayPal and other options. (A 30-day minimum applies for cash rewards to be reflected in the sofi app and redeemed for cash. This is simply to protect against any attempt to game the system in an unfair way)

This isn’t just about rewards; it’s about building bridges, fostering connections, and sowing the seeds of positive change within our community.

It’s a testament to the belief that every ounce of hard work deserves acknowledgment, and every step towards progress merits celebration! :sofi_moon: :blue_heart:

…the best part of this new feature is that it’s already out now!

Head to your sofi app to check it out, and don’t forget to copy your unique URL for future referrals.

3 Likes

4. what are sofi seeds?

Seeds are a form of sofi currency that can be earned for different actions performed in the app, on our treehouse community, and when spreading the word about sofi. Y

You will see your seeds visually separated into three categories in the app, as earning for each of the following categories:

• Journaling & spraying (capped)
  • Treehouse activity (capped)
  • Referrals you’ve made (uncapped)

*Caps have been introduced to make sure people can’t game the system by journaling continuously for the sake of getting a lot of points for example.

All of your earned seeds will be saved to your sofi seed bank daily. And all your earned seeds can later be exchanged for exclusive products in the sofi store (coming soon!)

4 Likes

5. how can I earn sofi seeds?

Below you’ll find an overview of all the different actions that generate sofi seeds.

Journaling/spraying & related milestones

You will be rewarded after every journal sequence:

• First journal sequence of the day is rewarded with - 10 seeds
  • Second and subsequent journals of the day are rewarded with - 5 seeds

Overall daily journaling cap* is - 25 seeds. *After the daily cap is reached, you stop getting points from further journalling.

Pioneer journey milestones

You will be rewarded when reaching certain milestones of your Pioneer journey:

• Completing a baseline - 100 seeds
  • Completing plant survey - 100 seeds
  • Completing a Pioneer study (all three bottles are marked as completed in your journal) - 300 seeds

Treehouse milestones

You will be rewarded for both content creation and interaction with other users of the Treehouse:

• You like someone’s post - 2 seeds
  • You leave a reply in someone’s topic - 5 seeds
  • Your post gets a like - 10 seeds
  • You create a new topic - 20 seeds

Overall daily *cap: 50 seeds. *Once your daily cap is reached, you stop getting seeds for further interactions.

Referral milestones (uncapped!)

You will be rewarded when you invite someone to join sofi (unique referral link is used):

• You invite someone and they create an account using your link - 50 seeds
  • Your invitee completes the baseline - 100 seeds
  • Your invitee is rewarded when they create their account through your referral link - 50 seeds

All of your earned seeds will be saved to your sofi seed bank daily. And all your earned seeds can later be exchanged for exclusive products in the sofi store (coming soon!)

3 Likes

6. how can I spend my sofi seeds?

*Please note that this feature is currently coming soon

3 Likes

7. how do I change my plant/formulation before my next shipment?

By default, sofi will recommend that you receive and trial all three of our starter plants (valerian, passiflora, ashwagandha) for 30 days each, so that sofi can analyse your unique experience and provide you with feedback and insights on those results.

Of course, if you already know that a particular plant isn’t for you, or should you wish to skip or change your plant for any reason, you can do so directly via your sofi app by going to shop → plant selection → and changing your plant for your upcoming shipment.

3 Likes

8. how do I make a return?

3 Likes

9. how do I pause my subscription?

3 Likes

10. how do I cancel my subscription?

You have the option to cancel your subscription anytime via your sofi app by going to shop → manage subscription → and opting to cancel your plan.

30 days notice is required, meaning that, once cancelled, you will receive one final month of formulation capsules for which you will be charged. There are no cancellation fees for early cancellation of a sofi subscription plan, but any additional free months’ capsules will be forfeited.

4 Likes