Changing the dosage for anxiety?

So I was wondering if changing the dosage would help with my anxiety.
I know the recommended dosage is 3 sprays twice a day but would it work with 2 sprays 3 times a day?
I was thinking 2 in the morning, 2 after dinner and 2 before bed.

I’m not sure if it would help or if it would mess up the effects for sleeping at night.
Just something I’ve been throwing around in my head the past few days when my anxiety is bad.

2 Likes

We know valerian impacts the shared pathways between sleeplessness and anxiety @lrakarid so it’s a neat idea to see how you respond. Adding @pamelaspence in to see if she has found any difference on time of loading and whether that could make a useful test … I always think why not go for it but let’s see what she says. :pray:

3 Likes

I wanted to ask the greater minds before trying for sure. Didn’t want to just jump in and mess anything up :joy:

3 Likes

Hey @lrakarid that’s a really great point and a good idea. It’s something I often do with patients in clinic where they are taking herbs that we need to have a more balanced presence right through the day. It makes perfect sense to jave valerian in the morning if the benefits will effect your daytime anxiety.

Over time, using valerian daily, you may find your anxiety levels drop in general and you don’t need the morning dose (or the nighttime one eventually if your anxiety is what drives your sleep challenges).

So do try and let us know how you get on! :blush::herb:

4 Likes

Awesome I’ll start doing it tomorrow and see how it goes.
I find my anxiety is always worse in the morning so I’m hoping that with the calming effects of a cup of tea it will help .

2 Likes

Amazing and thx for this @pamelaspence … a question I have (and @lrakarid maybalso be thinking about) … How long does it take for you to see an effect in clinic … or is it totally personal and random? Wishing both a lovely weekend. :pray:

4 Likes

Welcome!

It is of course personal but most often the feeling of anxiety can reduce immediately but it comes back as the body processes the plant (so just like diazepam wearing off after a few hours) BUT then the secondary effect of reducing the anxiety levels overall so you have less need for the plant takes place over weeks or months. And that’s because herbs act as tonics (helping the body improve function) rather than taking over function which is what pharmaceuticals are so good at doing (and what we sometimes absolutely need).

Does that make sense?
:blush::herb:

4 Likes

One thing I’ve definitely noticed is that with pharmaceuticals I find I always feel so rough and a total anxious wreck for a few days after. As if my body chemistry is all out of balance.
But since using CBD and valerian I don’t get that feeling the next day.
After using valerian I feel :thinking: alive the next day.
Probably sounds weird, does to me anyways. I’m not good at explaining feelings :joy:

3 Likes

Makes sense to me! :grin:

Again down to the fact the herbs support rather than force. And one of the reasons herbal medicone is so popular and useful is because of very few side effects.
:herb:

5 Likes