Do the sprays affect medication?

Hi, ive been wondering, i havent received any sprays yet, i havent been with you long enough, but i wondered whether they affect medication that you could be on? I cannot take HRT because i was diagnosed with cancer, and i know that certain herbal tablets/plants are detrimental and can cause the medication to work aswell? Just wondering, any suggestions or theories would be very interesting, thankyou

7 Likes

Great question , will tag the wonderful @pamelaspence in here to answer this for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aw thanks @Aaron :blush:

@Sunflower - great question!
Some herbs do indeed interact with certain pharmaceuticals. With the herbs we are working with so far, there is a caution about taking them with pharmaceuticals that are used to calm you down - like benzodiazepenes for example, because it is thought that there may potentially be an additive effect.

If in doubt, we always suggest that you check with your healthcare provider.

Hope that helps :herb:

6 Likes

Hi @Sunflower - thank you for your question and congratulations on recently completing your journaling baseline!

Next, we’ll be getting your sofi surprise on its way to you before the weekend. This is our way of verifying your address and ensuring that your pioneer pack will later make it to you - wherever that may be in the world! As soon as the surprise arrives, make sure to upload an image of it in your hand via the app so that your Pioneer Pack can be reserved :love_letter: :pray:

Keep up the excellent journaling work and thanks again x

3 Likes

Thankyou for your encouraging words. Look forward to seeing the postman!

3 Likes

When I first started with the valerian I was on 20mg of Diazepam (as most of you probably know is a benzodiazepine) per day and consulted my GP before using the valerian.
I obviously can’t comment on other benzodiazapines but my GP said that it was fine to use together and report any very unlikely side effects, he even said that it could help me stop using the Diazepam.
Happily there were no side effects and I found after 2 weeks I could start reducing the Diazepam and as the valerian was helping 6 weeks later I stopped the Diazepam all together and have not needed it since.
I am very grateful to Sofi for this position I am now in and much prefer the natural approach!
Consult your Dr and I hope that you have the same success I now enjoy!

10 Likes

Wow, thats great news! I bet it has made you feel much better?

3 Likes

Absolutely correct @Sunflower the chance to break free from chemical medication to a natural approach has felt like a massive weight off my mind and improved my outlook on many aspects of the quality of life!

4 Likes

This. This is exactly what I am looking for.

3 Likes

@berrakeven are you referring to getting free from benzodiazepine medication or other medications? Looking for a natural approach?

1 Like

Neither, i take a medication because i have had cancer twice. I was concerned whether the sprays would affect its potency. Although the sprays aren’t ingested are they?

3 Likes

Sorry @Sunflower I was asking the question to the last response from @berrakeven

2 Likes

@Sunflower the spray’s are ingested as once sprayed into the mouth the active ingredients in the spray will be being ingested by the body immediately, first through the mouth lining and all the way as the liquid makes it’s way to you stomach and will be going into the bloodstream and around the body

4 Likes

Hi @Sunflower, the sprays are ingested (aside from our fragrance formulations which we are working on that you can read more about here). Anyone taking prescription medications, should speak with their doctor or healthcare provider before using sofi. :pray: :sofi_moon:

For the ingredients list on our latest plant you can visit sofi.health/ashwagandha

3 Likes

No problem, my mistake

3 Likes

Thankyou, i actually take ashwagandha when i am feeling down…it works wonders :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

This is amazing! Benzos can be lifesavers when you first get them but are really horrible things to take long term.

4 Likes

Welcome to the treehouse and Sofi! This is a great project and is very rewarding if you put the effort in you get so much more back!

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to our group, hope you find it as friendly as i did, everyone is great and your questions get answered?! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Thankyou for explaining, that was really kind

4 Likes