Herbal Healing Practice

Hey everyone!

Thought we could have a thread where we all share our herbal healing practices?

I’ve recently started burning white sage and palo Santo before bed and then spritzing lavender on my pillow and it’s helped my sleep SO SO much!

So thought I’d share :blush:

What does everyone else recommend herbal wise for healing?

Thanks

6 Likes

Hi there, I also burn white sage around house to help get rid of negative energy, my poor husband has had very severe depression for over 2 years now, I use it to protect myself, because if I go down hill too I won’t be able to help him.
I have a lovely white sage spray which smells gorgeous from aromafume which I use in the bedroom at night, my sleep is very hit & miss tho.
Match green tea is my life saver in the morning.
I have just started the focus sprays, so am really interested to see what they do.

7 Likes

Just looked up palo santo, so might give that a try too.
I usually burn nag champa as the smell takes me back to the 70’s :blush:

8 Likes

Hey @GirlInterrupted - what a lovely thread:)

I found something as simple as mint tea (doesn’t even have to be fresh mint!) helps me relax! I have recently bought a tea blend of mint, fennel seeds, rose hip, lemon balm, rosemary and themes and it has been my bedtime companion ever since:) I think it even cures my headaches from time to time! :joy: :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes

I also use sage and palo Santo, palo Santo is great for clearing the mind and inducing a positive feeling (for me anyway lol) I’ve recently been burning a plant called lambs ear, it is especially good for an antiseptic and so where we’ve all had covid I’ve been using it to cleanse the air. Rosemary and lavender are good to add when burning sage. Magnesium tablets are good for joint pains so as I suffer from chronic pain it helps me a lot xxxx

7 Likes

Magnesium is supposed to be good for sleep too. There are
several different types, so spent a little more money to get one that the body can use easier, it has 3 different sorts in one tablet, taking it at bedtime. I can get off to sleep quite quickly now but still have trouble staying asleep, wake every couple of hours & some nights never managed to get back to sleep again (so sleep 10.30 till 12.30am :frowning:) am also using a magnesium spray on my legs.
Stress & anxiety are not helping sleep at the moment.
Think the ashwagandha did help me cope with the stress a bit tho.

7 Likes

They are now doing similar products that burn without the smoke for pet households. I can’t find the link though, sorry!

4 Likes

Magnesium is so confusing isn’t it?! So many types for different things!

I use it in the bath and that’s supposed to help with toilet trouble, aches, pains etc.
Capsules for sleep…

4 Likes

These are what I use, like you say not smoke.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So pleased I managed to upload a photo (tho it came out bigger than I thought🤣) I’m useless at tech
Meant “no “ not not

3 Likes

THAT’S IT! Do they smell natural or synthetic?

Thanks for posting @grannysue269

2 Likes

Smells the same as a joss stick but without the smoke.
Brought some palo santo today after seeing your post, my bed room smells lovely, now off to bed, :crossed_fingers:for a good nights sleep

4 Likes

So @grannysue269 how was your sleep with Palo Santo? How did you find the smell too?

2 Likes

Really liked the smell, but when I did sleep had several bad dreams that night,
Will try again maybe it was just coincidence

3 Likes

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I’ve never experienced that. So hopefully it was coincidence…

2 Likes

I tried using dried lavender but it made me feel realy stressed and gave me a megrane. Just couldnt stand the smell :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes