Inaccurate spray count

I’ve noticed the App hasnt accurately been counting my sprays. Some days, it will log sprays when I’ve not used it (ie at random times when I’m asleep or out). Sometimes, I’ll spray and it won’t log the sprays at all, or only one spray rather than the 3 I’ve done. Some days, it’s refused to connect at all, no matter how much I’ve messed around with my phone(and I need to get out in the morning, or go to sleep at night, not play around with bluetooth settings!)
Anyway, the upshot is that I’ve run out of ‘juice’ but the app thinks I have 27 (or so) sprays left. I thought if I start a new bottle, it would recognise that and start again, but no. It’s still saying Ashwaganda 2, (which I thought was delicious, by the way, lovely burnt sugar taste :yum::grin:), 27 sprays and not whatever the new flavour is.
I just sprayed about a dozen empty sprays, just to clear the log and finish the bottle, then realised you might not want me to do that…I’m not sure what to do.
Come to think of it, when I started, this bottle looked to be not as full as the others. Could it have not had enough in the first place?
What should I do to clear the log and start a new flavour?
Please advise!
Thank you, Sarah xxxx

5 Likes

I put new bottle in last night, took the 3 sprays and it registered 5 sprays. Annoying but I guess it doesn’t matter too much but then I worried about skewing the data. Anything with technology involved can be prone to gliches

4 Likes

It’s so lovely to hear from you and most importantly to have you with us on this journey with sofi @ridgewaysarah … you know what makes our work together so very individual is that we have seen not only thousands of unique responses to plans since the beginning of these global pilots that we fall Pioneer Programs (this we love)! But also hundreds of different mobile manufacturers with dozens of firmware levels and quite a few personalisation settings which makes also the experience of using the sofi app very individual (now this I can say has been a source of much joy for the dev team :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So we are in a high quality place … your sofi app and pod are talking and flirting with each other but there are some mixed signals between them … try something next time. I always do this to see how the synchronisation is happening between the app and pod … when you to go spray next time, open the app at the same time and navigate to the journal history screen … let me take a print screen of mine …

Now look at this screen as you start to spray and notice if each spray you press instantly appears in the register with the right press … try this for a few days every time you are using - also take note if there are any phantom sprays being registered.

It would also be great to know your device type and sofi app version :pray:

As for the the capsules … we are still filling these by hand ourselves as quantities and limited capital haven’t allowed us to shift to contract manufacturing so even if we are say operating around 98 percent consistency out of a wave of 1,500 capsule there will be 30 capsules that are a little off in their volume … and for the remaining 1,470 capsules the range of fill could definately be minus 10 percent … so when the bottle finishes it is best to change for a new capsule (adding @alexwalkerjones and @Kirill to confirm and for @enricovarano to confirm in terms of sofi brain and data …)

Hope this is helpful Sarah and super excited to have you here with us on this pioneering work to build our sofi :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks for this, @Kaveh.
I’m using an honor 10 phone, and to be honest, the Bluetooth connection to other devices can sometimes struggle too, so it coukd be that.
My spray record is not very accurate, but I’ve not looked at it whilst I’ve been using the spray. I shall start doing that from now on, to get more data on what’s happening.
How do I encourage the app to release me from the old bottle, and accept the new one? Should this happen automatically when I put a new bottle in?
Thanks,
Sarah

4 Likes

I think it should change to the new capsule and adding both @alexwalkerjones and @Kirill so they are aware that you are moving to new capsule. Let’s see how you get on by hopefully seeing synchronous press on pod and register on the app and hopefully no more phantom presses from the sofi pod to the app :pray:

3 Likes