Is the Sofi app down?

Hi Alex, thanks for getting back to me, the result page sounds intriguing - as do all the updates discussed and released over the past month, but it would be nice to be able to get the app to work, and at this point I am really disheartened by the overall experience. Between a Sofi team member making me feel like I was doing something wrong by joining in on treehouse so now I’m anxious every time I have to come on here, to the app not working anymore, to it not being fixed, or receiving any updates without chasing them. I’m not even the only user affected by this, someone else has reported it here so there are likely plenty more new people who give up too early on in the process to bother reporting it. I have tried my best to be patient and understanding, but at this point it really feels like Sofi doesn’t care

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your frustration with us, and feeling as though we don’t care! - your efforts in flagging this with us repeatedly are not lost on us.

As you know, our Pioneer Program is very much prototyping with a live (amazingly patient) community in exchange for the product being offered to Pioneers for free. The also support over 350 different devices with the sofi app, so getting to the bottom of an issue like the white screen of death can be an entirely different process for each individual Pioneer.

Understandably, you are worried about the shelf life of your formulations, and of course we can not force you to postpone spraying indefinitely, so please do go ahead should you wish to spray without the app, for now. I assure you that I have flagged this as priority with the team, the team simply have a backlog of issues - all of equal criticality - to work their way through over the next couple weeks. I’ve messaged them again today and hope to hear back soon. :pray:

1 Like

I understand I am part of the free pioneer bunch and not yet a paying customer, but I would also suggest that although pioneers have had a lot of great stuff for free, they have also provided a lot of data and product testing, and a lot of pioneers have expressed the desire to purchase the product. It’s a two way relationship that I’m sure everyone is really grateful for, and has the potential to turn into loyal customers, it seems a shame to write off their dedication or not provide support because they were part of the pioneer process instead of coming on at the paying customer stage.

I appreciate you have explained there are a lot of critical issues around the app not functioning for others that are equally important and I am simply in the backlog, and despite being the first person to report this here, I’m low down in the backlog to get it fixed. I also totally understand I am not entitled to anything, I am grateful to be allowed on to read the posts on here, let alone anything else, but I have to ask, is this to do with when a team member made it clear I shouldnt try to join in on here? I can only apologise again, I thought it was okay to reply to a thread and that it would be helpful to add a related question in the same place instead of starting a new conversation covering the same ground. I really don’t understand what I’ve done wrong but I would love the chance to make it right and be considered a valued pioneer again. I love what Sofi does and really miss being able to provide feedback and give back

3 Likes

Hey calluna , have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it or clearing the cache if you’re able to ?

1 Like

Super grateful for all the feedback @Calluna and the team are looking at it. :pray:

2 Likes

The other team members have had me uninstall and reinstall many times, and for a while that would allow me onto the app for 30-60seconds, so if I was very fast I could log my sleep hours or use the spray before it went to the white screen, but after a while it just started immediately loading to the white screen. It’s the first time someone has suggested clearing the app data. I was worried it would break stuff but I’ll try that now, thank you

1 Like

Hello calluna, I googled apps crashing and white screen of death last night as i said i would try to help you, but that was about 2am and i was too tired to post it.
I am no phone expert but things that were mentioned included insufficient storage space on your phone (have you checked your remaining storage space?); apps needing their cache clearing, as aaron suggested above, and which you have to do for each app I think; or other tech issues with your phone.

There may be a good chance that your white screen and crashing apps are not specifially due to the sofi app and as such would be hard for sofi to help with, if the issue is not just a problem with their app, so they can’t see it or find it. I seriously doubt that there is ever a question that they don’t care or that you are being left behind other people for an imagined reason.

There is a lot of information on the net as to how to fix the white screen of death, or apps crashing, that you could try, so i hope you have some luck with that. There is also online help from companies that can log into you phone or computer to fix things. I use one of those, i rarely need to but it is worth it when i can’t fix it myself or am nervous of losing stuff if i do a factory reset. You may also have a tech expert near where you live that might be able to help.

Anyway, good luck with clearing the cache and app data of your various apps. Maybe it would be a good idea to uninstall apps that you dont use, or rarely use, and see if that improves your situation? You can always re-install any you want later :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like