Its been a while!

Hi everyone, how are you all? Im so sorry for my absence in the treehouse recently. My father contracted sepsis 3 weeks ago and went into multi organ failure. Somehow he has survived and is now home. But it has affected everything about him, including his personality. Its been a really tough time. But i am still here, still struggling with sleep lok. If anyone needs a chat then im about. :blush:

10 Likes

Sorry to hear about your father. It’s good that he has made it home.
Hopefully being around family in a comfortable environment will help with his full recovery.

5 Likes

So sorry to hea this news about your father.

5 Likes

Hello @jaxlou1982
Really sorry to hear that about your father. Hope that his condition is improving.
And wow… here you are going through a very rough patch and offering your time to anyone needing a chat. What a gem you are!!!

7 Likes

So glad your Dad is better, a good friend of mine has just had the same experience. She is now waiting for an operation to remove her gall bladder. It’s so distressing when someone goes through a life threatening ordeal. It’s harder when we can’t freely visit people in hospital, I’ll keep you in my thoughts.

7 Likes

Dear Jacqui. Missed you very much here and hard to read that you’ve been having such a difficult time. Grateful to hear from you and hope you’re managing to find some solace in our community here and hopefully some rest at home. Our thoughts are with both of you and keep safe. Know we are here too. :pray:

8 Likes

That sounds like a really tough time. How are you doing? I hope he is doing okay also. :hearts:

7 Likes

Big hugs from me @jaxlou1982! Sounds like rough ride. :hugs:

7 Likes

So glad he made it through! I’m on service at the hospital now taking care of many people who are not going to get home. And he’s especially fortunate to be able to go home with family!

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about your father I hope he recovers quickly , it must have been so stressful for you look after yourself.

8 Likes

Thankyou so much. O hope your friends situation is improving :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Thankyou so much for your thoughts and kind words. Definitely a difficult situation atm. Dad is now home, but he is in multi organ failure sadly. He is having many tests but is really struggling. I never knew that sepsis affects people after the initial infection has been overcome so its been quite a shock. I am hoping that i can get back on track with sofi and tracking my (non) sleeping pattern again. I hope everyone is doing well, and im sending gentle hugs to you all.

8 Likes

Hope you getting some rest @jaxlou1982 :pray:

7 Likes