I've been booted from the app, I updated it and now had to start a fresh one.. Will this affect my journey with Sofi

What happened?.. I’ve had to start all over again. I think it’s due to the update on my app. It just booted me off the app and asked me to log in again, I’ve tried but it says my credentials are not valid.?? So confused… I’ve done done 2 months of journal and now this… Is this happening to any one else too?.. Update seems I’m still logged in with my original account, it’s just so confusing to begin with haha, but yh I got it now, I’d say I prefer the old version but the new one is just as nice.

6 Likes

There are a few teething problems at the moment which you can see reported in the treehouse, while people are being updated from app versions 2.9.0 or 2.9.1 to 3.0.0 or 3.0.1.
Kirill (and others in the team I expect) are working hard to sort things out this week. Im sure that your data will be safe while all the glitches are sorted :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Rest assured @sabtheseeker that as @drmudlark pointed out all your data is safe in the sofi servers … the question is how long it will take us to reconnect your old data with your new app. We aren’t just changing the app in this build - we are changing everything including the basic end servers so that we can accommodate an infinite Pioneer Community … so you will even notice that the new app will load with some legacy some seeds in your seed bank. I suspect it will take us a few days to work through but as soon as the new app environment is stable make sure to reconfirm your address and email and that way we can ensure to release reserved sofi packs … @alexwalkerjones asking if @sabtheseeker is on the first wave. :pray:

3 Likes

After update i also needed to log in again and then again to Treehouse. On the later it went through the process of seemingly onboard me as though i was a new user.

1 Like

Hi @sabtheseeker, as @Kaveh mentioned, the good news is that your data is safe and we will always have that attached to your account behind the scenes, regardless of what bugs may occur with the app - now just to solve the bugs!

It sounds like this was sorted out automatically from the update you provided, and I can confirm that we’re excited to have you onboard for the first wave of S3 Pioneer Pack shipping out.

Have you had a chance to provide your address via the Pioneer journey map in the bottom right corner of the app? x

2 Likes

Hi ive had the same problems with the app locking me out and had to change password to get back in. My Sofi score has gone from in the 80s to 50 with no explanation too. Will my score come back to what it was? I have been journalling daily for almost a year with only a few days id forgotten to log.
On the plus side i absolutely love the updated app, the user interface is fab.
Please advise :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just tried to confirm my address but it wont let me…

3 Likes

Morning @vixhypno and lovely to hear how your sofi app is behaving today … I’m in iOS and a major update yesterday for me back up and running on address and journalling … I know the team are focusing on more fixes on android today. Would be great to know the device and version of app you have running now … we know there are some bugs still crawling through 2.9.2 on android and the team are working on it today :pray:

1 Like

Hi Kaveh,
Today my score is still 50 (after being in the 80s for months) I only seem to have 100 days journal rather than over 300. I’m running android on a Samsung phone, not sure what version of Sofi. It’s also asking for address and input as though I’m a new user. In my details it won’t let me confirm my address. Just thought you might find this helpful as I know others also have this glitch. Should I update again or just leave it to come right? I love the new look and features, much more pleasant to use. Am hoping you can iron the other issues out over time.
Thanks, Victoria.

2 Likes

My app did this too and i lost the last few days of journaling and had to start all over again.

3 Likes

Hey @vixhypno
We fixed this annoying 100 journals bug today. Please log out and back in - your 300+ journals should be there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@JamesT please let me know if logging out and logging back in help. We’ve been working on transferring baseline progress over but haven’t verified this yet :grimacing:

3 Likes

Hooray! Well done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I have been booted out. And it no longer recognizes my email so I cannot get back in at all. And therefore i cannot confirm my address info as requested for the next set of sprays.

2 Likes

hi @cathy, it’s understandable that you are eager to get back into your account. We’ll do everything we can to figure this out and get you back up and running in no time.

I’m afraid on our side, everything seems to be working fine on the log-in page, however, I know another Pioneer recently had an issue with a hidden space ( ) preventing her email from being accepted. Could you confirm whether this could be the case?

If you’re still not able to be let in, I’ll get our app team to take a closer look just in case something was missed.

Thanks and kind regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex.

Thanks for the hint. No idea what the connection was…but since you said that, I tried manually typing my email in instead of autofill which is what usually happens, and suddenly it worked. Odd because it is the same autofill for my email address that I used in past for Sofi and that I use for all other websites, and they are all working.:grimacing:
Thanks
Cathy

2 Likes

Hi Cathy, thats exactly what happened to me - no problem with autofill on other websites, or on earlier versions of sofi apps. Then i discovered there was a space at the end of my email address. Such a little thing and hard to spot!
Glad to read that you are up and running again :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi. thanks for your reply…Im a bit lost in using this method of communication, so I got a little sidetracked and forgot to make my message enough words for it to send! Im glad its working now too. Thanks

2 Likes

You’re welcome Cathy. It took me a few attempts with my email to clock that there might be a space at the end.
If it happens again anywhere else i will know what to look for :upside_down_face:

2 Likes