App update problems

His all I’m very new to this app and idea, so I’m just wondering if anyone could help me out, when the app got updated, I lost my few days of journaling and have had to start again from the start.

3 Likes

I have been logged out of my app and not able to login or get a password reset

3 Likes

Hi James,
We’ve been fixing this issue today. Could you please log out, log back in and see if you got your journals back?

3 Likes

Hi @devshi
Sorry to hear. We haven’t changed anything in authentication/accounts though. Could you please let me know what happens when you try to log in?

3 Likes

@devshi and please make sure you are using a “log in” option and not a new account creation :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi I have logged out and back in it seems to have given me my journals back but snot the days I logged them in for though.

3 Likes

Hi Kirill

I try to login, but says credentials are wrong, yet I can login into the treehouse. When I request password reset on the app, it says one is sent but I do not receive any password reset link.

I have checked my junk folder and there is nothing in there. But treehouse login works fine.

Regards
Dev

2 Likes

Hi @devshi,

Thank you for the update - it is a huge help .

Just to note, the treehouse and sofi app are technically separate platforms /accounts, so it may be the case that a saved password for the treehouse is not the same password for the sofi app or vice versa - and naturally, updating one will not affect the other.

We hope to get to the bottom of this ASAP, but should that clear anything up, please let me know :pray: :raised_hands:

Thank you again!

2 Likes

Hi
Will wait for resolution with app as can’t login or reset password.

Regards
Dev

3 Likes

Our dev team is looking into this!

2 Likes

Hi Kiril

Still unable to get a link to reset password on the sofi app

Regards
Dev

2 Likes

Hi Kiril

I am still not getting a password reset link and am unable to login into the app.

3 Likes

Hi @devshi - thank you for following this up.

Unfortunately, for the log-in, we use authentication provided by Google’s product, Firebase - so effectively we don’t control this part of the app code, and as a result there haven’t been any changes made to the log-in / reset password section on our end.

Of course, this doesn’t solve the problem, so I’m tagging @Kirill for any advice. Is there any chance the emails are ending up in junk or spam instead @devshi ?

2 Likes

Hi

I have checked junk folder and definitely not getting password reset. This also happening to my son.

Regards
Dev

2 Likes

This is super interesting - so you have validated your email and resetting it but no reset password? There is no accidental rogue space in your email? I’ve done that once when I was copying my email … but as @alexwalkerjones suggested let me tag @Kirill and the dev team … @rafaelgoncalves … I hope we decipher this mystery soon! :pray:

2 Likes

Forgotten password option recognises my email and indicates a reset code sent, but I dont get any reset link to reset the password. I have checked junk folder, there is no problem with the email address as the app validates my email. Can anyone help ?

3 Likes

Hi @devshi, really grateful for your patience with us while we continue to look into your case. I can’t say we’ve had this happen before and the email connected to your app is definitely correct (i.e. we know no typos were made during registration).

@Kirill any thoughts…? Could it be that the emails themselves are being blocked by Devshi’s email provider or is it more likely they are just not going through?

1 Like

Hi @devshi, I just wanted to check in and see if you have since had any better luck? We are still unable to find anything that is preventing the reset password emails from going through on our side (especially as this is handled separate from any updates to the sofi platform).

Please do let us know, as it may be worth checking with your email provider to ensure that the emails aren’t being blocked in any way, as this was the case in one particular instance with another Pioneer.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing back :pray:

1 Like

Hi Alex
No one seems to be able to help neither myself:devshi@hotmail.com or my son: aumodedra@outlook.com
can,t get a reset code to use the app. Everyone is asking to check junk folder, capitals, spellings etc. Surely there must be an admin side or logs that Administrators have access to see what the problem is or even resetting the password from your end and sending a link to us.

2 Likes

I really understand your frustration @devshi, and wish there was something we could find /do to help. As mentioned, it’s actually not something we at all control as we use authentication provided by Google’s product, Firebase.

In this sense we have no backend access to the code as it’s a separate product, and certainly haven’t made ay changes that could be causing these issues.

Let me reach out to the team once more and see what they suggest. The best answer may be deleting your account, and getting you set up with a new one last the same email address - and manually moving you to the correct stage of your journey within the app. :pray: :pray:

1 Like