My sofi stick still isn't working with the app

So I now have 12 sprays and it’s only registered 3 still, the app isn’t connecting to the stick either, even though I have both with all the correct information. It’s starting to cause me quite a bit of stress trying to get it to work :persevere:

3 Likes

Evening Abi. You know you are trialling a prototype build of sofi and we are improving it constantly with all of the feedback. I am copying in @alexwalkerjones so between us we can find a time to support you directly on a zoom call. Let us know when is best for you and in the meantime wishing you a restful night. xx :pray:

4 Likes

@OberonMoon, allow yourself to be unfamiliar with a new device … my advice to you is to get excited to make it work rather than get stressed about not working. It may help - cheers! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Need clarification - the sofi app counts down by doses not sprays… correct? Every time I do my series of 3 sprays, it only counts down by 1. So, though I have actually sprayed 9 sprays (3 x 3), my count is reading 67/70. Is this correct?

3 Likes

Hi @kaneary, not this actually shouldn’t be the case.

The history page (swipe left within the app) does record based on time of doses, so you’ll only ever see one line to represent multiple sprays, but the counter out of 70 should go down 1 number with each press.

Other Pioneers have suggested that it helps to make sure you are pressing down all the way, and to pause between sprays! Please experiment tonight and let me know if you have any success.

5 Likes

When you spray have your device in your other hand than spray check if it has registered. Than spray the next spray. If you spray 3 times behind eachother it doesn’t registered as quickly as we can spray. That’s what helped with mine .

6 Likes

My stick worked better with slow sprays, that may help.

5 Likes

The button is sadly a little bit hard to press down in the first build … I have given this challenge to our mechanical engineer under the subject of the “trigger of Thor”! On the negative side … you will have to do a full press down and hold on the S1 build and as @alexwalkerjones is suggesting and as I do … open the app up so you can see the counter counting down for each press … on the positive side your index finger probably never been more in shape! xx :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi I mentioned previously that I had that same problem but it seems to be ok now. I’ve found if I leave a coiple of seconds between sprays it seems to register. Also I make sure that when I open the app the light comes on my stick, if it doesn’t I turn my phone off then turn it in again to reboot it. If that doesn’t work uninstall the app then install it again. I had to do all those things to get it to work.

5 Likes

I log out of sofi than log back in. That seems to work for mine

5 Likes

Will try that… although this evening I completely forgot to open the app before my sprays :woman_facepalming:t2: Is there a way to edit the count at all?

On another note, I eat dinner at all kinds of crazy times - should the evening spray be around the same time each night or should it be after the last meal?

One last thing… I’m going to a party tomorrow and plan to imbibe in some alcoholic beverages-will the alcohol exacerbate the effects of the valerian, or vice versa? :pray:t3::tropical_drink::cocktail::tumbler_glass::herb::seedling::partying_face:

4 Likes

@kaneary, " … will the alcohol exacerbate the effects of the valerian or vice versa?"
I hope not! Great question! I remember, I have read somewhere I think it was in @pamelaspence’s notes that we should not drink alcohol but not sure - let’s see smiling_face: cheers :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Hmmm not in my notes @pira… Maybe you saw it somewhere else?
@kaneary I wouldn’t worry about it - in clinic the preparation we use is an alcoholic extract so there is no issue with valerian and alcohol per se. Some people feel that if they have alcohol in their system after taking valerian they can feel a bit sleepy, but nothing drastic.

We are all different though (which is the principle of herbal medicine and of sofi) so take the usual precautions you would around drinking alcohol and see how you feel.

Hope that helps? Enjoy the party! :blush::herb:

4 Likes

Morning Eevie , hope you had a restful night … can I check … what type of device you have … if android type and make and also if you have updated the latest operating system. Do you also keep Bluetooth permanently on and whether you pair various other devices a(speakers, ear phones, watch) that used your Bluetooth as well. So many questions but trying to understand the wireless space in which your sofi stick is trying to establish and maintain a Bluetooth bridge! xx

1 Like

Hope the party went well @kaneary. For spraying we would like you to load up in the evening and night so try to be consistent with time (latter part of the day and before sleep) if you are variable with dinner time xx :pray: on question of alcohol I defer to @pamelaspence point to listen to yourself and your response (both to valerian and alcohol) … but I definitely find both tend to make me sleepy so I either counter with a double espresso (not sensible)! Or avoid drinking too much when I am spraying (an hour in between) … though I suspect there is no real science in it only my thinning that I can metabolise a small glass of wine every hour or 90 minutes … love to hear how you felt mixing your cocktail of valerian and fermented grapes/wine! xx :pray:

2 Likes

Hi I have a Samsung galaxy s9 I keep Bluetooth on and don’t have other connections to it. The connection seems to be more consistent now but when there’s a problem I just close the phone and open again and it’s fine I reinstalled the app a few days ago so I must have the update but as I said it seems a bit more consistent. Thanks :blush:

4 Likes

That’s definitely encouraging!! Sometimes I have heard it is hard for the guys to enable push update on code for Android devices (@Kirill is that right?) … in which case when an android does come up with trouble it may always be sensible to reinstall app to make sure we are working with the latest release from @filipe snd @mathiassilva4 … adding @alexwalkerjones here in case we should also begin considering telling our lovely Androids to do this … Thx again for all the patience with sofi @Eevie … now let’s see how you and valerian get along! xx :pray:

3 Likes

Well, I must say my sleep has got better, am still waking a couple of times in the night but going back to sleep which I don’t usually do, so I’m pleased😊

6 Likes

Agreed! According to my sleep app, I got over 4 hours of deep sleep which is unheard of for me but I did still wake up 4+ times through out the night - one time I felt wide awake but did get back to sleep in less time than normal. Hopefully this only gets better as the month goes on! :seedling::sleeping::zzz:

3 Likes

Party is actually tonight - 5pm PST (it’s currently 9am PST) but I did a test run last night with 1 beer and I didn’t feel more tired so I’ll go easy tonight on the Manhattans with dad; he and I share that special cocktail and it’s his birthday so I’ll cheers one with him and hold off on any wine, then let my son drive me home! :tumbler_glass::partying_face::herb:

5 Likes