New year , New Goals

So with us all settling into 2023 , I wonder if many people set goals now , if so , what goal/goals have you set yourself to achieve ?

Mine is to try and not stress about things as much as I have previously.

I know easier said than done right! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hi Aaron, Happy New Year to you.
Mine is to stop procrastinating, get my teeth sorted, and write a will (im getting on and i have no family so want to leave to animal welfare charities, protection and conservation). I would be posthumously miffed if the Govt got it! Now i have written these down perhaps i will get round to it, and not keep putting things off, plus other big stuff I need to tackle and have avoided.

Maybe a holiday too, its been a long time! Oh and some little things like trying to get to like green tea and herb teas - why do some things that are good for you taste yukky?! I’m trying to drink green tea now and you would laugh at my facial contortions! It’s worse than that Valerian spray! I love coffee but do try to avoid caffeine after 4pm.

I hope you manage to reduce your stress levels :sleeping:

4 Likes

I want to be braver and to have more fun and I have decided to book to go on a holiday on my own. It is a scary thought so would start with a mini-break maybe 3 nights. Has anyone got positive feedback on doing this? I need a push to get something booked. Question - UK or abroad?

6 Likes

Maybe a mini break in the UK to start with to see how you feel about it and try to slowly move towards the idea of abroad?

4 Likes

I have a goal of doing all the little jobs that have hanging round for a while. Tidy cupboards, organise wardrobes, use up all the bits of jars of chutney etc in the fridge and shampoo, creams etc in the bathroom. Not buying new until all the long forgotten stuff has been used or thrown out. Another goal is attempt one goal at a time and congratulate myself each time I achieve it.

6 Likes

Probably makes sense.

4 Likes

That’s a great goal, I would hate to organise my wardrobe though :joy:

3 Likes

Hi @dcm.leeds, Just do it!!! Perhaps you’ve heard that before from :white_check_mark:! Start from the UK and experience it… Enjoy :blush:

4 Likes

I want to become a better listener … I love listening but when it comes to things I’m passionate about I become a less than enthusiastic listener … :slightly_smiling_face: …. There are loads of milestones and missions I have for our sofi but this isn’t the chat for that I don’t think! :pray:

4 Likes

I second the “being braver” part! My goal this year is to step out of my comfort zone in a few different ways (starting with relocating, getting my UK driver’s license I’ve been putting off due to fear of having forgotten everything, and starting a veggie plot) - and to make some new friends while I’m at it :crossed_fingers:t2::sparkles:

4 Likes

Those sound fantastic objectives. I wish you success and hope that you achieve them this year. We are both stepping out of our comfort zone and that can only be a good thing.

Good luck.

Diana

4 Likes

Mine could be “being more kind to myself”!
Best wishes :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I thought i would bump this thread to see what goals have been realised by the folk who replied.

My efforts have been shameful and i have done none of the things i listed, even the 2 really important ones :flushed: But somehow i seem to be really busy!

makes note to self … get a grip!!

I did have a cataract operation which i didn’t list. The surgeon was a butcher and left my eye very bruised and inflamed. Still not right after 3 1/2 months and worse than before the op :frowning_face:
Still, hoping it will improve in time.

How did you get on @Aaron with your plans? And everyone else?
Go on … put me to shame, i need a boot up the backside :laughing:

2 Likes

Still working on being a better listener @drmudlark :pray:

3 Likes

Good for you Kaveh.
Im sure you do a lot of ‘listening’ on here and you are helpful to us pioneers

2 Likes

I try … it’s also my privilege for making sure our sofi doesn’t run out of steam or capital or talent … and there’s no shortage of well intentioned folks giving me advice on what to change … I just hope I’m listening to the right folks and tuning out the less than helpful frequencies … a real art if you can get it right @drmudlark. Here’s to getting it right more often! :pray:

4 Likes

Well I’ll drink to that :clinking_glasses:

That’s a big responsibility that you have @Kaveh and very positive of you to view that as a privilege. And, yes quite an art to choosing what advice works best.

We all want sofi to thrive. :heart_eyes: Sometimes i worry about the team and how you can manage when so far you are giving so many of us so much at no cost, and with such a unique and caring approach compared with other businesses selling natural wellbeing products.

5 Likes

We are really thinking through it right now @drmudlark … what we know for sure is we don’t want to simply sell plants to people … we want to provide a service … a service of moving towards what they want … what we all really care about … more restful sleep, better calm more balance … and specific to our response.

We think everyone is busy marketing formulations … very few - none that I know of … really put the person - the pioneer - at the heart of the experience and map their personal response … very much like what Spotify does with music by betting on the listener rather than the artist in what is good music …

So as I said we are thinking this through … we are thinking one option will be to buy your product as a one or … your starter pack, your refill packs … another one is a subscription service which will work out cheaper but really sofi picks the plants as she maps your journey in approaching your target … I personally think that’s sofi gift … should have more to share on that shortly and love all views (all part of my new ambition to listen more :slightly_smiling_face::pray:

4 Likes

I’ve found myself on the odd occasion still losing my cool , but overall I’d like to say my stress levels are quite good now days :joy:

4 Likes

And we all thank you for all you do :heart: and the whole team. Without you all there would be plenty more restless nights :joy:

4 Likes