Not getting a petal after journaling

Thanks @alexwalkerjones. I will take a photo of my 3D mask shortly and put it in here. I got it free with a weighted blanket a couple of years ago but only tried it a couple of weeks ago when i unearthed it.

2 Likes

For @alexwalkerjones …the 3D sleep mask. It does up with a type of velcro around the head. The eye pieces are surrounded by soft velvet and adjustable so that you can attach them to suit the shape of your face and the distance between eyes. With this ‘3D’ design you can open your eyes inside the mask without feeling anything touching them. Just like opening your eyes in a pitch black room.
I get on very well with mine. The good ones are not particularly cheap but when i decided to get another identical one last week to keep in my camper van, i found one on ebay - same make, 1/4 of the price. eBay, love it or hate it, often has just what you are looking for at the right time!

2 Likes

Very cool @drmudlark! I can’t say I’ve seen those before but they look simple enough and would probably make a world of difference (plus hopefully stay on a bit better than the flat ones). Definitely something to look into :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi @drmudlark,

That’s an interesting thought!

The sofi brain differentiates between signals and noise. These are defined as any effect it has access to through the data it can see and any changes in the sleep/mood metric caused by something that the brain doesn't measure, respectively. The sofi brain deals with the latter, these unknown effects, by picking out the signals from the noise, as opposed to filtering the noise out from a signal. I realise this sounds similar but there is a nuance: the brain models the signal rather than the noise, so that it isn’t distracted by noise, no matter how “loud”.

That’s maths speak and essentially means that the model is immune to known and unknown unknowns, but it doesn’t mean we’re capturing everything. Of course, “noise” means something different for everyone, as different effects will be relevant for different Pioneers. While it’s mathematically impossible to capture everything, we can certainly do better, and will do soon, as we keep refining the brain’s algorithms and the data it receives.

Will keep you updated!
Enrico

3 Likes

Thankyou @enricovarano for taking time to explain. I am no expert in statistics but i am interested in your analysis and also to know if there is any more information that we as pioneers could give that might help in your analysis of our data.
Even knowing myself and my sleep habits quite well, i cannot yet fathom if the passiflora is extending my sleep duration by a little bit or whether that is down to the sleep mask i have been wearing since about a week before i got my pods. In part this is because i cant see my journal back more than a week and I havent kept a separate record. It may become more apparent after i finish the pods for S2. Then of course there are random events like my new neighbours, who have replaced the neighbours from hell but do about 15 minutes of drilling in the early morning a couple of days a week in their stairwell without realising this is the wall right behind my sleeping head :cold_sweat: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Oh to live in the peaceful countryside …

2 Likes