Panic station again

I’ve literally just run out of refills,now waiting for passion flower pods but I am so worried about my sleep reverting back I hope valerian hangs in my system until passion flower saves me :sob:

8 Likes

Hi Chris
Im exactly the same as you PODLESS! :rofl: Im not sure it will stay in our system that long as it doesn’t sound like we will get Passiflora pods until July! :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

Hi, I’m down to last few days of resupply pods and like yourselves hope I don’t go back to poor sleep patterns. Good luck and here’s hoping.:sleeping_bed::sleeping:

6 Likes

Evening @chris.king5 @CjaJose @tinaspain and so pleased to know our first plant had such an incredible impact on your sleep. We are going to start posting from tomorrow and sharing updates on the S2 program. We are going to start by release app updates in advance of the plant so we can begin to baseline. And let me and @alexwalkerjones know if the sleep gets really awful as we wait for the S2 to go live and we will try to see if there are any remaining bottles we can get to you anywhere in the sofi community. Can’t wait to start sharing both more on the S2 and the roadmap ahead. Wishing all a wonderful evening :pray:

8 Likes

Thanks Kaveh , my sleep has messed up again almost instantly but I’m really looking forward to seeing how much the next pods help me

6 Likes

Awhhhhh noooo y july

7 Likes

Don’t forget to keep on journalling @chris.king5 … this won’t give you much solace but sofi also learns what works for you when something that had been is taken away and your patterns begin to change over time - rubbish prize for not having the next plant ready to go I know … but at least great opportunity for baseline and also capturing “wash out” phase (speed that valerian effect starts to leave your body) … and here’s something else … it’s a bit crazy so I’m going to attribute it to our lovely medical herbalist @pamelaspence who has been a little bit more right than I could have dared imagine … she once explained to me the difference between classic Pharma and medicinal plants … now I probably remember this incorrectly so I have added her in here so she can correct what I am about to write … but what I understood is that classic Pharma is amazing at giving your body the thing it needs or is missing to rebalance itself … so when your body finds it … it grabs it for dear life … and hence dependence and perhaps over time tolerance … what many medicinal plants seem to do is they work on the underlying imbalance that results into the missing chemistry … in theory if you can nudge the body towards generating what it needs then it is conceivable that you will nudge the body to a better place … the only thing I can think of is how folks do allergy desensitisation … in theory when you begin to reduce the reliance on the plant the body will gently begin to find itself in a new orbit … I have no idea if this is true, to what extent, for which plants, how much and when … but sofi has a chance of trying to map this at the Pioneer level … we ask everyone to baseline without anything to get started with sofi … so here’s our individual normal … then we take plant 01, then we go to the washout phase (between plants) … do we turn back to baseline before plant 01 or somewhere else, somewhere better? … then we go to plant 02 … moral of the story … keep on journaling! Sorry bit of a ramble! Need more sleep probably! :pray:

7 Likes

Good points thanks Kaveh

6 Likes

Thanks @kaveh :pray: and you’ve done a good job of paraphrasing me there. It is true that over time herbal medicines restore function and so rather than tolerance you actually tend to need less or less often and some people can stop needing them at all.

The question is how long it takes to get to that stage. The answer is - everyone is different.

So as you adjust to life without pods temporarily- think about how your sleep might be a bit different to before being part of sofi. Are there any parts of your experience that have dialled down a little? Or don’t return? If so those are the areas of improvement without daily herbal input. Or if you do revert to as you were, it hasn’t been long enough yet for you.

The journalling really helps us pinpoint that for you. But some extra notes around it for yourself might help you to see as well.

Wishing you good rest! :pray::herb:

8 Likes

Sunday and finally ran out of S1 pods. Will keep journaling as long as I can until the relief column arrives.
:sob::sleeping_bed::crazy_face:

9 Likes

Hi @chris.king5 ,

Just checking in to see how you’re doing?
:herb:

5 Likes

Thanks Pamela, I am struggling but I will get through until my S2 pods arrive
Valerian worked so well with me I was so amazed I’m slipping back into bad sleeping patterns but I know the passion flower pods will grab me back from the drop👍

7 Likes

Hi @chris.king5, hope you feel better soon. Try to imagine how everything will be when you’re using your new S2 pods. I’m in a similar place but trying to keep positive. Good luck.
:sleeping_bed::sleeping:

7 Likes

Hi @CjaJose thanks I will be good and to be honest I would rather start the S2 from fresh rather than have any Valerian influence so I can compare the two on a true data path

8 Likes

You guys are honestly amazing … and I’m really sorry it’s taken us so long to get to S2 … we are drawing up plans so we can get into a cycle of being able to go through a new plant every 8 weeks … it requires a bit of planning, a little more experience and some committed capital to cross the line. But hang in there with us guys. It means so much. KM

7 Likes

It will be worth it :grin::grin: can’t wait :partying_face:

6 Likes

Ran out of S1 pods about a week ago and am having what seems to be knit one pearl one sleep patterns. One night sleep for 4 - 5 hours the next maybe 2 hours. Sometimes I can go straight back to sleep but usually lay awake. When I eventually get up I feel fine. Anyone else having similar experiences? :crazy_face::sleeping_bed::sleeping:

4 Likes

I am currently enjoying the couch and a terrible Netflix film … I think I have lost 100 minutes of my life which could have been better spent listening to the rain! No pattern to my sleep but have the latest version of the app … can’t decide whether falling asleep on the couch … then going to bed counts for broken sleep … I think it does! Good luck and good night to you! :pray:

5 Likes

That might be the best way to attain decent sleep. Watch Tv until your brain can’t take any more, then just sleep wherever you fall. :crazy_face::sleeping_bed::sleeping::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Looking forward to taking my chances with passiflora!! (As I have tried the alternative uiu suggest quite regularly in the past!) :grinning:

4 Likes