Pod is empty and day count is strange

I have been dosing correctly as per the instructions. I am confused that i have completed the blue flower and strangly on day 11/10? The pod no2 neutral is now empty but the pod spray counter says 13 of 70 sprays left. As I have completed the blue flower do I change pods now? The app is not prompting me to change, can i assume thar this is a bug?

5 Likes

Good question, Paul … I cannot help but am going to ping @alexwalkerjones.

I know that one pod is 10 ml and each spray is 140 mcl=.14ml. Each pod (stick) is 70 presses (sprays) and a minimum of 6 sprays are needed per day. Therefore one pod on average lasts for 10 days. Please sofi team correct me if I am wrong. :smiling_face: :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you. It appears that the pod was underfilled as it is now empty or the counter has not done its job. I followed the dosage of 3 sprays after my evening meal and the 3 before bed. The app however is now saying i am on day 11 of 10 which i find odd, and considering that I should now be on the second pod but the app has not told me to change. Very strange.

6 Likes

@paul.ashton22 , I am going to ping @Kaveh, … for time being, your pod is empty, you may want to change it to the new one and see if the counter reset itself. Just a suggestion or wait for the sofi team. :upside_down_face:
I wish I was a better help! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

My pod 2 is the same. I’ve just put it down to the app not registering some of the pumps on the stick. I’m guessing it’s down to that more than anything but I’m sure others will clear it up more.
Since I’ve finished my flower I’ve now moved on to pod 3. I’m sure I remember so eone saying you can do that :thinking:

5 Likes

Just ensure that every press counts if and only it is pressed hard to the end. Look at the screen of your sofi app and confirm that the counter incremented while doing it.

Keep in mind that your pressing behaviour should be different from pressing perfume, as I learned! :smiling_face: :grin:

5 Likes

It definitely took me a few tries to work out the app lags a little when you press :joy:

Now I wait until the flower flickers before the next pump

5 Likes

Yes i have just learnt that. It is not recording accurately. I just cleared the 13 doses and had to press 17 times to do so. Hopefully it will now tell me to insert the next pod.

5 Likes

@lrakarid , sometimes lags are related to the speed of your WiFi … that’s why you need to wait to register your pump . Ensure press it hard to the end, wait and see., and then pump again. Hope that helps.

5 Likes

What an amazing engagement here from @lrakarid and @pira and thank you so much @paul.ashton22 for persevering with N.02 … you are brave! I have left that as the last bottle. We know that in the first build of the sofi stick we have what we are internally calling the “trigger of thor”! Besides giving your finger a huge workout with every full press there are instances where folks almost press fully and deliver the spray but the counter does not register. We are working on this mechanical issue in future builds of the sofi stick. In the meantime this is what I do to make sure my presses are counting. Every time I am taking my formulation (currently on N.03) I open up the app and look at the counter and when I press down on the sofi stick in my mouth I look on the app to make sure it registers it. I know this is entirely silly way of using sofi - in the next build we are doing two changes that should improve this: i. we are working on the mechanics to require less force to get a press registered (we can’t make it too easy either as then it would register a lot of false presses when it simply rattles around)!, and ii. we are changing the firmware so it can keep track of the time you pressed your sofi stick so you don’t have to pair the data across to get the right time signature on the press. As always super grateful for the helping community here and also your patience with our very first build @paul.ashton22. :pray:

8 Likes

I too spray and app at the same time works everytime :+1:

7 Likes

WiFi shouldn’t make a difference though should it? It’s using Bluetooth and WiFi shouldn’t effect that as far as I know.

The lag I’m talking about is that you press the spray and then a second or two later the app registers the press.

Might just be crappy Bluetooth speed on my phone but that’s what I’ve noticed every time

6 Likes

Sounds like Bluetooth to me

7 Likes

To be honest my phone does kinda suck :joy:

6 Likes

Spot on @pira and thanks for the tag! After your first set of 10 petals are complete, it’s time to move onto your second formulation (whichever number you prefer that to be), despite the number the counter reads or if there’s any spray remaining in the bottle - although that can be used up at the very end!

I hope that helps @paul.ashton22, it sounds like you’re doing everything right :slight_smile:

6 Likes

One other problem I encountered, was that when I changed Pods I the app stopped responding and crashed every time I opened it. I restarted my phone and still no change. The only solution was to uninstall the app and reinstall then log back in. I hope this feedback helps @Kaveh

3 Likes

This is hugely helpful @paul.ashton22 … also adding @alexwalkerjones and @Kirill to this so we can add it into things to investigate … does it still do that and is it something you can catch on a screen record and upload here for the team to see? It would also be hugely helpful to know the type and make of smartphone you are using Paul. Thx again for all the feedback and support! :pray:

2 Likes

Hello @Kaveh If it does happen when I change to my third pod I will take a screen shot. All that is visible when trying to open the app is a white screen, I could see my top bar with the airtime provider signal strength, handset battery level etc, but the rest of the phones screen was white with nothing on it. I did receive a message from Android saying the app was continually crashing. That was when I decided to uninstall and reinstall it, now it starts and runs as intended. The phone I have is a Samsung S21 on the latest version of Android so it is no slouch. I went from Pod 2 natural to Pod 1 mint, hope that helps. Update, out of curiosity I just ran the app and it now says that the Pod is missing? I had it working last night and it recorded my sprays correctly but now it is saying Pod missing and continues with the blue flower for my for my Journal and still says day 11 completed even though this is now day 12. I am a little disappointed as I had it all running perfectly last night :disappointed:

4 Likes

I have heard there is something about cache memory on android is there a way you can clear that … I know some pioneers had luck doing that … adding @alexwalkerjones anf @Kirill and @filipe so we can support you back up and running! :pray:

3 Likes

I finally managed to get on to my green petals by completing my journal while connected to my Sofi stick. I did clear the cache before reinstalling the app, I always do with any android app as it helps remove any bugs. Unfortunately I am now 2 days out of sync, I have only one petal but I am 3 days in on my second pod. I will just have to wait until I put my next pod in.

1 Like