Received S1 instead of S3 today

Great to recie

ve a package today thank you, but just wondering why it’s S1 when I was notified I was to be an S3 Ashwagandha pioneer :+1::slightly_smiling_face:. Done loads of research on Ashwagandha in anticipation to treat my sleep and high anxiety. Also I’m afraid the box was damaged and one canister ha s leaked. See pics. Thanks for checking this for me :hugs:

2 Likes

I believe they gave some S1 out to new pioneers so some of the new pioneers can try it out since they missed out etc

3 Likes

Thanks Aaron… this is such a great community

3 Likes

Hi @Mick1! So sorry to see the spill! I will pass this over to ops so that we can look into decreasing the likelihood of spills for the times when the mail / customs isn’t so kind to our packages!

Indeed, you’re still good to go for our S3 with Ashwagandha - this is simply a way for us to (hopefully) provide you some sleep and collect data to help improve our sofi systems in the meantime. Please let me know if you have any questions at all - or get stuck anywhere!

4 Likes

Thanks Alex, you are so very very helpful

3 Likes

Hi Alex
Sorry to trouble you again… it seems my sofi app will no longer open since connecting to my sofi stick. The sofi logo appears briefly but the screen just stays completely white. I can still access treehouse using the treehouse separate app. I’ve tried restarting and checked for updates.
Thanks for your help on this.
Kind regards
Michael Handley

3 Likes

Could be worth trying to re-install it again Mick :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Aaron … I’m back :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very happy to hear @Mick1! I know Kirill and our tech/dev team were pushing out several fixes yesterday, so it’s likely you got caught some where in between.

Please do be in touch if it happens again at all. :blush: :pray:

2 Likes