Snoring.... She might kill me

As the title says… She might kill me if she read it!

Now i know i can be reminded that i might snore now and then but the chance of me being asleep while people are awake is slim chance, unfortunately for me my other half is very loud while she sleeps peacefully :see_no_evil: so the question is… Has anyone delt with a snoring issue and solved it?

6 Likes

Can’t help you my partner snores. And I think this when I’m awake from his snoring .:weary::weary:

Snoring is basically bragging about being asleep, so loudly, that it stops other people from sleeping.
It’s like lying there screaming “I’M HAVING A LOVELY SLEEP”

🤦🤦:laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

100% that is exactly how it feels! Its a good job we love them.

5 Likes

Both my exes say I’m a really bad snorer when I do sleep,I feel awful!!

4 Likes

In the summer when the windows are opened my neighbours have been heard swearing for my snoring waking them up :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

:rofl::see_no_evil: As annoying as it is, i couldn’t help but laugh reading that reply

4 Likes

My partner is the same blesa her, she’s even offered to sleep on the sofa but honestly that isnt whats making it hard to sleep iv delt with that the last 10 years and had no problem

4 Likes

I love this channel. For all those brave folks on here I really hope your other halves are as tolerant as you are!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Sometimes you take it away only to find you can’t sleep without it anymore :rofl:

2 Likes

I can relate to this conversation :grinning:

My love uses a special mouthguard that helps reduce or often completely removes her snoring.

It does make her jaw hurt something fierce though, so I do worry about what it does to her teeth etc.

I find that snoring is such a hard topic to discuss, as it’s no one fault it happens. But there can be a lot of feelings of guilt and frustration involved as well. I find it hard to leave the bed and sleep somewhere else, because that’s a clear indication it was a bad night. Or feel even worse when she goes to sleep somewhere else.

6 Likes

The same when the other half gets up in the middle of the night. And tries his hardest to be quite but I’m already awake. 🤦 Part of me feels like I should say I’m awake so don’t worry about being quite. But will he than feel guilty for getting up :weary::weary::weary: so I mostly just pretend I’m sleeping. 🤷

3 Likes

Its not easy and at the early hours of the morning even if we try our best i have been know to come across a lot differently to how i wanted to so i jist grit and bare it now day… I was after a secret formula to kill the snoring but sounds like you have to kill the person :see_no_evil: id use ear plugs but i hate not being able to hear if somthing did happen being a dad of 2 and they all sleep like logs.

4 Likes

My husband snores so loud we now sleep in seperate rooms. He also suffers from sleep apnoea. I can sometimes hear him snoring through the wall but it doesn’t keep me awake :sleeping: He used to feel so guilty when I got up and went to the spare room no matter how many times I said “it’s ok, no problem, dont worry about it” he eventually just started going to the spare room his self so atleast now we don’t aggravate each others sleep problems.

4 Likes

Fortunately, my wife is not a snorer (but I am an occasional one - but a nudge is apparently enough to “switch me off”
I have recently come across a company offering help to snorers… @Kaveh Can I post other companies here? Might be a viable solutions for some

2 Likes

Yep sleep in another room done that for years you can still cuddle and have sex but then retire to another room

4 Likes

Not to steal Kaveh’s question but absolutely! :raised_hands:

The treehouse is here for us to explore all options and discover solutions together - please don’t hesitate to recommend anything that might be of interest to you/others :sleeping: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Here you go: https://somnifix.com

This is a company focusing on improving sleep quality.
Information taken from their website:

“”"
SomniFix Strips are gentle mouth tape clinically proven to:
. Promote nose breathing
. Reduce snoring
. Increase CPAP Compliance
. Improve sleep quality
“”""

Why is mouth-breathing bad? Again taken from their website:
“” During sleep, the mouth falls open, the jaw drops, and the tongue falls backwards. This creates an obstacle at the top of the airway that disrupts nose breathing and leads to mouth breathing, open-mouth snoring, and CPAP non-compliance.
“”"

Their science-page (Science - SomniFix) is rather limited and has some information on breathing in general and mouth-breathing specifically.

I have not tried this personally, and won’t be able to give a personal account of how this feels.

2 Likes

Hi my husband used to snore really really loudly, it was mainly due to catarrh issues. I found a product by Higher Nature called Neversnore, made from natural products and it did the job. You are supposed to take a dosage according to your weight but he only ever took one, fantastic. The only thing is it only works if catarrh is the issue.

5 Likes

Im lucky my hubby works away3 to 4 nights a week. However first night home i take the sofa as he so loud, other 2 nights i wear earplugs then just get up.

5 Likes