Sofi stick | production updates

Hi I am having problems with pairing

Hi @PaulaD
There’s nothing to pair your app with at the moment :slightly_smiling_face:
Currently we are running a baseline study with the app only. We then prioritise the first 100 pioneers to receive our first 100 sofi Valerian boxes in January! These will be manufactured and shipped at our cost to these Pioneers!

2 Likes

Are we automatically signed up for the device? That was my opinion of this study, but I may be wrong?

If I remember the email correctly, the 100 most active journalers would get the first devices.

3 Likes

That’s perfect. Must have missed that bit :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for helping explain that @BrandNewMe, that’s exactly it! Although we’re hoping to finish 300 units in total soon and even more later. So eventually everyone that will complete the 10 days and become our first pioneers will probably be able to get one.

3 Likes

Perfect. Looking forward to recieve mine hopefully

1 Like

Our first sofi sticks are just coming off the production tools so we need to do a few more adjustments before they are ready … let me know if you guys are interested and happy to give more visibility on our progress on this as well. A couple of photos for now! KM

8 Likes

They look good! I’m happy to do whatever is needed

2 Likes

Intriguing @Kaveh and hopefully get to try it out

2 Likes

I have to be honest. I don’t really know what the Sofistick is or does, even after looking at everything. :pensive:

2 Likes

Honesty is good! Otherwise we’d all be none the wiser :blush:

The sofi stick is an intelligent oral spray (read: paired with you smartphone via bluetooth and working via its own tiny onboard brain)!

The spray delivers the formulations within our plants pods (in the case of S1, this is valerian) and the brain tracks all the tiny details that enable us to understand the specifics of each interaction with your sofi stick. This includes: which plant pod bottle you’re using, how many sprays, time of spray, and how much of the formulation in each plant pod is left!

Simply put, the sofi stick is how we generate your journal with each plant by turning a simple downward press into a digital data point so we can better understand your response to what the natural world has to offer!

7 Likes

Thanks, seeing plants coming out of the sticks and the pods that look like the little things I’ve used to feed tomato plants…that made me stop and ask myself, “what is this again?”

2 Likes

Still very curious to see and learn from the feedback from all the users of the Sofi stick. At this stage, it is intriguing to think that a singular formula can help people with diverse health histories improve their sleeping patterns etc.
Even more intriguing will be to see how Sofi will adapt the formulation to address the feedback from the user base.
Exciting times ahead indeed - and THANKS team Sofi to make this happening!!

7 Likes

Are these going to be refillable or one time systems.

1 Like

will we be able to see on the app once paired how much is left in the stick?

2 Likes

Yes totally! All data on the sofi stick and plant pods will be visible to you within the app, and journal analysis you’ll see in your sofi dashboard.

5 Likes

Evening. The glass plant pods that are inserted into the sofi stick are designed sealed and are used without opening to the environment to avoid microbial or any other unwanted activity like cross contamination that could come with open systems. Our data generation and journalling would also begin to break if there wasn’t a perfect finite beginning and end to every bottle. Hence we moved the system to pure glass so we can easily recycle them. Each bottle should last about a week of regular use. Of course, some plants require slightly more or less recommended daily dose. Hope that’s helpful but let me know if you have any other questions. And wishing you a wonderful sleep tonight. KM

ps A few photos of the glass plant pods attached here so you can see what they will look like!

9 Likes

They look really good :clap:

1 Like

Glad you like them! We are getting the bottles spray painted and ready in a week or so … and then we have to wait on the sofi stick!!

6 Likes