The duo doggo and catte

Hi Guys. I am severely tech challenged, so not many postings and just plowing through emails from months ago. I love animals too. I know this post is old, but was debating whether to add my little one who just passed last week. Then I saw that Reece’s dog is Teddy too, so I figured I would just go with the sign! This is my Teddy bear. He was a shelter cat, left behind by owners that kept him 3 years then decided to move and leave him behind. He was not doing well at the shelter so i took him home to give my other cat a friend since her buddy had passed. Years later, he too became the lone cat, and went into kidney failure at age 11 and died last week at age 12. I currently have no cats and miss him so much. Will likely get another rescue in the coming weeks or months. Rest in peace my Teddy bear :heart:

7 Likes

Hi @drmudlark,
After reading your post I felt compelled to see if there was a way around your inability to home a rescue. I recently rehomed a very nervous Romanian dog ‘Tasha’ and can relate to the process.

I always love to see your name on a post as you go out of your way to help others all the time on here (I think you deserve a free subscription :wink:) and you seem to have a very level head.

I found an organisation that may be able to help, as i dont know all of your circumstances I cant go much further than providing a link to somewhere I hope can help.

I would be more rhan happy to help with this in any way i can.

5 Likes

I now have 3 cats, had 2 up to 4 weeks ago, them we found a wee kitten, around 12 weeks old, up the hill near Steve’s allotment and cabin, he came here, we knew hed been out there at least 2 days, and we contacted all the local vets and charities, we put posters up, flyers in peoples postboxes and no one has claimed him, so he has joined my 2, Steve has one too. I have my long haired spanish rescue, TeeTee she came home around this time 5 years ago, long story, found with her mum, brothers and sisters at the side of the hotel pool that we visit every year, and we rehomed the other 3, and as we couldn’t rehome her over there in Mallorca, I made the decision to bring her home, Miss Tee, the black one, I got in 2021 to keep TeeTee company when I went out as ahe had separation anxiety, and then theres Ghost Leigh, the wee boy I’ve now claimed. I’d be lost without them, they’re funny, playful, though Ghost can be a bit rough, but Miss puts him in his place, and if hes too rowdy TeeTee gets involved and he knows she’s boss. They know when I’m not feeling great, sense when I need a cuddle, and mop up my tears when things get too much.

5 Likes

Very sweet. I love the first photo in particular…the cozy, relaxed…I feel safe in my home pose! They are lucky to have a home and be loved and get to keep each other company too when the humans are not available.

5 Likes

He makes me think of a dormouse in that top picture, all 3 are snoring away at the moment, Ghost Lee is very inquisitive of the bath, if its empty, he jumps in and chases his tail, if I’m in it he sits behind my head and splashes me, at least he hasnt jumpes in when its full, aabi have a very hot bath and soak for an hour each evening. They’re so good at lifting your spirits, TeeTee talks to me, Miss Tee rolls over when i ask her to, and Ghost Lee plays fetch with a pink mouse toy, and of course they play together and cause chaos, but they’re loved and looked after, thats all that matters, I just hope no one dumps anymore kittens around here,not aure if I’d cope with 4 cats

4 Likes

Hi Cathy I’m so sorry to hear about that news I know Its late since the post but I hope you are doing well :disappointed:.

Have you decided to get another furry friend yet ? :blush:.

2 Likes

Hi Reece. Its never too late for any words of kindness, thank you. I am sad but life goes on so I am trying to focus instead on the future cat or cats. I have decided to get one definitely, but am still a little traumatized by what we went through the last month, so I decided to not rush and maybe give myself a little break. Was so busy with vet appointments, emergency all night visits, acupuncture and chiropractic for Teddy, that I did not have a life or sleep for a while. Trying to catch up on things so that I have full attention to give to the next cat. Often when I get them from the Humane Society here, they are traumatized by their past or from being at the shelter, so I like to stay home a lot at first until they feel safe in their new home with new noises. I live in a small suburban flat, so its less than ideal, but at least it is not a shelter cage

4 Likes

My Teddy was an indoor cat, but I felt sorry for him so I used to let him outside our flats late at night when everyone else was sleeping, to let him get some fresh air and slight freedom! He had a toy mouse he loved to death and would deliver it to me each night on my bed. I used to tell him its appreciated as long as its HIS ‘mousey’ and not A mouse :rofl:

5 Likes

Ahh I’m so glad you are doing ok but I’m sorry to hear it’s still effecting you and I can understand why as losing a pet feels like losing a family member and I honestly think the pain is comparable but I do hope that soon you are able to welcome a new fluffy friend into your life.

As I said glad to hear your doing ok wishing you the best!! :blush:

5 Likes

Just thought to share another photo of my teddy but nearly 7 months on !!

Getting into the festive spirit :sweat_smile::evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Hi @drmudlark ,

Not seen you in a while on here i hope all is well with you.
Did you hapen to see the post/reply i made on here regarding you adopting a dog?

Derek

5 Likes

He’s so handsome and festive!! :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing, my day is MADE!

4 Likes

So cute @Reece and looking very regal too

4 Likes