My elderly dog is on his last feet

You must excuse me for not having been very present with your beautiful Sofi experiment.
My elderly dog has been poorly and last saturday he was gravely ill.
His blood was too thick to do bloodwork.
After having gotten an intravenous drip they were able to draw some blood and see what is going on.
His kidneys are failing plus he has a light pancreatitis (and has had gastric ulcers already).
Such a shock to go through.
Because of the drip he has been doing sort of ok this past week.
But he’s barely eating.
So it’s a waiting game.
My nights are short…
And i’m trying to take care of myself the best that i can.
Hoping my oldie will stay with me a little while longer….

15 Likes

Really sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you.
Dogs play a huge part of your life, I know they do for me.
Sending you and your dog big love and hugs :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing your sweet pup with us here, and I’m sorry to hear what you both have been going through.

Loving an animal is a heartbreak like no other but yet somehow it’s worth it every time :heartpulse: :dog2:

P.S. what a rock star he is!

10 Likes

So sorry to hear this. They are so so important to us :sweat::sweat::heart:

8 Likes

Over the years Stanley Man (a slightly ill tempered but loving chihuahua) snd Peggy Sue (a sweet mothering pug) stole our hearts and became part of our family …. I can imagine how you must be feeling. For all the heart ache, grateful to have known them and to have had them part of our lives. :pray: :heart:

11 Likes

My heart is breaking, poor puppo :frowning:

Sending you all the strength for these trying days/weeks ahead. :heart:

8 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that Nienke, I lost my best wee furry friend on New years eve and it broke my heart so I know how hard it is. Sending you lots of love and cuddles. :mending_heart:

7 Likes

@Nienke … I’m sorry to hear about your beautiful fur baby :dog::heart: Our fur babies are such a big part of our lives… it’s incredibly hard when they get poorly,
we had to make that dreaded decision many years ago with Our gorgeous GSD Sasha , it took us a very along time to have another GSD ,we do now have George but Sasha is forever in our hearts…:pleading_face: Sending big hugs and lot’s of love to you both :hugs: :sparkling_heart: :pray:

7 Likes

Id be lost with out my two babies, my heart goes out to you and yours xxx

6 Likes