Treehouses everywhere

Hello there @ Treehouse,
We were taking a leisurely walk… Southern Ontario… Blue skies… and then THIS. Not exactly Treehouses but I think you will get why I was transported back to our Treehouse instantaneously :smiley:

Have a great week ahead!

17 Likes

That’s so cool! Thanks for sharing that!

5 Likes

Absolutely love this @laurent.rossier … where there any folks at home when you walked past?

4 Likes

Last summer I met the oldest living friend which has had an incredible impact on me. This beautiful olive tree is estimated to be over 2,500 years old - it’s hard to imagine that it has been alive and growing before Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Jesus, Mohammad, Da Vinci, Copernicus, Newton, Einstein, … it has seen everything. It has witnessed every war. There are parts of this which are like petrified wood and there are other parts which bear fruit. I really can’t explain to you how it felt to put my hands on the body of this living gentle friend. I am neither religious nor particularly spiritual. But I was overcome by something amazing … I can’t help but think that elements of the sofi tree and the treehouse, our community and connection, came to me then. So I thought of sharing this with you. A few pictures and also a short video I recorded as I walked around this incredible living piece of our shared natural history … thought I should share it with you. :pray:

11 Likes

@Kaveh
Wow - I am in AWE! What a gem this is!!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story and those beautiful photos and video.

4 Likes

mmhhhh the fairies were well hidden @Kaveh there was a sign to “look up to see fairies” - no luck for us though. Or maybe it was just a trick to make us look up so all the fairies could slip past us???

4 Likes

Both beautiful :slight_smile:. I abso love trees! :heart:

5 Likes

THOSE ROOTS!!phenomenal!!:evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree:

4 Likes

Wow that looks fabulous id say that was a nive walk

4 Likes

The Major Oak in Sherwood Forest. Legend has it that Robin Hood might have hidden in this ancient tree

8 Likes

Love this @dcm.leeds! Thx so much for sharing … can you go right up to the tree? :pray:

3 Likes

Sadly not any more. It is quite fragile. You can see it is propped up in places. There is a fence around it which you have to stay behind.

4 Likes

This tree is supposed to be the oldest in Spain , this is Cadiz , although not the tallest the trunk is enormous.

8 Likes

I hope that it is looked after well. It seems to be in a busy area, poor thing.

6 Likes

what a tree… not a treehouse… but definitely someone watching.
What do YOU see?

5 Likes

I can definitely see that tree coming to life in ‘human’ form

2 Likes