Using pack when undergoing operation

Received my ashwaganda pack! I have a question. I am scheduled for a hip replacement op on 22nd June…will be on strong painkillers for a while after and wonder if this will affect the results of the ashwaganda. Any advice anyone please?

5 Likes

Hi @sufree,

It’s amazing to have you onboard with us as a Pioneer, and so excited that your Pioneer Pack arrived! I’m going to tag our expert herbalist @pamelaspence here for her insight.

As far as the data goes, should a dramatic change in your sleep duration / quality occur as a result of the painkillers, your results with ashwagandha may be skewed, as we generally recommend keeping any supplements, aspects of your routine (including meds) consistent before, during, and after taking the plant.

2 Likes

Hi Alexandra, thanks for the speedy reply. Sounds as though it might be best if I wait until I’m on the mend! Look forward to hearing your herbalist’s opinion.

3 Likes

Hi @sufree and welcome to the Treehouse!

I always suggest stopping any herbal supplements at least 72hrs before any operation and only resume when you feel back to normal again. But you must check this with your surgical team in case they need you to stop for even longer.

Given that it is not long until your op, perhaps you’d be better to wait until after to start and then you’ll have a clearer picture of how the ashwagandha is working.

Hope that helps :pray: :herb:

2 Likes

Thanks Pamela. I’ll wait until I’ve had the op and am off the painkillers before starting…I was so looking forward to trying ashwaganda. I’ll just have to be patient! Hopefully it won’t be too long :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Good luck with the op! Let us know how you get on.

Take care,

:pray::herb:

2 Likes

Thanks Pamela…will do

3 Likes

Hi there! Had my hip replacement op a week ago today. I haven’t been journaling as have had my alarm set throughout the night for various medications. Will still be on painkillers for a while and anti coagulant until the end of July. Needless to say my sleep has been even more disrupted than usual. Coming along nicely physically…now down to using one crutch instead of two! Soooo looking forward to pairing my ashwaganda when I’m medication free :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @sufree! It’s great to hear from you and I wish you a continued speedy recovery :blush: When you do start your journey with the sprays, can’t wait to hear what you think!