Wellness Fragrances and the broadening of the pioneer programs to include plant and fragrance studies

That’s a good idea … adding @Kirill into this to add to feature list! xx :pray:

6 Likes

I always get them on Amazon … here in the U.K. you usually get them in a group of ten for less than £5. Here is a link hope it works!

8 Likes

After a few weeks the valerian starts to taste less horrible/sharp and I am much more used to it. It’s amazing how we adapt. At first I cringed when I sprayed and often said ‘yuk’ (or similar) outloud. Now it is much less of an issue. I do still prefer a softer, sweeter flavour - like the passiflora but if the valerian works on my sleep, then it is good that I am getting used to it.

11 Likes

I too dont get on with the valera taste, bitter, and a back taste of grapefruit at the end, i preferred passiflora, that was woody, mossy taste, the valerian is sharp and bitter, I didn’t sleep to well last night, a lot of things on my mind, including a sacn which has shown that my cancer, which they told me theyd taken out and i was cancer free, ut seems that it was in the lymph nodes, they took out 41 and said none were cancerous, seems they got it wrong, and within 6 weeks I’ve now got another small tumor, they say that chemo will get rid of it. Im glad i didnt velebrate and i did say to thwm do i need chemo to mop up any stray cells. I cant believe how quickly its grown, so monday i have to go have some tests and biopsies, crushibg as its nearly xmas too.

9 Likes

You know @MissTQ the different plants each work on different pathways of sleeplessness … with the valerian we are working with the root of the plant which is very strong where as the passiflora we are working with everything above the soil so it is much gentler to work with - but these gentle plants they are good at nudging and sometimes life needs more immediate interventions and the incredible folks who work to deliver these services. Our thoughts are with you as you get through the next chapter. We’ll be here cheering you on Rosemary, grateful that a random moment of interactions allowed our paths to cross, and wish you a speedy recovery for all the things and discoveries we are yet to do together. To many more xmas’es! xx :pray:

9 Likes

Thank you @kaveh, its a bit of a punch in the gut, but I too am so thankful that a random Google search led me to find this wonderful community and the extraordinary research’s, that accepted me into their trial, and because of that, I’ve been having the best sleep I’ve had in at least 20 years. I can’t believe that the cancers back so quickly, or that the op missed a few cells, whatever it is I will continue to fight it, and with the help of Sofi, I’ll continue having quality sleep, which is in itself a good thing, as it helps healing, and mood, I’ve noticed that my moods have been better, I’ve healed very well after 2 big ops, my consultant said she wouldn’t have thought I’d had major surgery such a short time ago, it’ll be 6 weeks on Wednesday since last op. Let’s hope if I need any more surgery in the future, I know that thanks to Sofi, my sleep will help me to get through it. I’m very grateful for all the support shown to me from everyone on this site.

12 Likes

Hi @MissTQ , I am so pleased to hear that you are strong and determine to prove to you and us here that we can resolve challenges in our lives. Challenges are coming one after another, we need to look at them positively and see how we can solve them.
You have the support of your family, friends, doctors and sofi community and most importantly, your mind - focus on healing - believe that you are stronger than a few out-of-line cells. Try to get more sleep and when you are up, focus on your healing positively - there is nothing that your mind is incapable of - trust it!
Take care, stay on the path of recovery and talk soon x :smiling_face:

10 Likes

:heart: love this. My grandma used to tell me if your we upset or needed to noodle on something , go do some gardening! So these old wives tales generally do have some science and logic behind them! Still trying to figure out rubbing butter on a bump to the head helps??:woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Supposedly … the phosphates in butter keep your skin vessels from breaking down which, in turn, prevents bruising and any significant swelling

No idea if this is true! If you have a dog though, they like butter so they might kiss it better :grin:

The verb to noodle … i love it! I have never heard it before but I suppose its a bit like to cogitate, contemplate or to mull things over, but sounds much nicer! Thank you for that, i shall use noodle and think of it when i am digging and planting! Which part of the country is / was your granny from?

11 Likes

You got this, friend. That’s a hell of a hand that you’ve been dealt… I’m sorry you’re going through all this and I hope you have good support. Keeping you in my thoughts and on my prayer list. Be kind to yourself and breathe through it. Take walks outside of you’re able - and let others be there for you :mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart::mending_heart:

9 Likes

This is absolutely incredibly stupendoys news!!!i adore aromatherapy and healing power of plabts fir all senses!!!

7 Likes

The sprawling metropolis of North Yorkshire :raised_hands:. She was full of wise words and some old crazy superstitions which are funny and fascinating.
Noodle was one of her phrases too, and lots of other made up vocabulary :smiley:

7 Likes

Thank you @pira i am determined to give this cancer a run for its money, it wont beat me, it may slow me, but i will get through it, thanks for your response

7 Likes

Thank you @kaneary, i hwve w wonderful husband, but he’s often got his head in the sand, but he selflessly drives me to and from hospital, twice he made me ho in, and the hospitql i was being treated at was a horrible drive, but when he thought i wasnt myself, he dragged me kicking and shouting that i was “only tired.” Well, 1st tine he did it, itvturns out i had ileu, which means my bowel went to sleep,not good, the 2nd time i was on another planet, apparently i was singing very loudly, “one day at a time sweet Jesus” dont remember that, nor the scans they did, i woke up in icu having had life tjreatening surgery, left me with a stoma, nut i can live with that, may be able to be reversed in 18 months, depending on what this new lot shows up, to be told im cancer free, then within 6 weeks im not, well not good. I have sgood support network.

7 Likes

How exciting, :thinking: loiking forward to seeing how this will work :grinning:

11 Likes

Sounds amazing and exciting and cannot wait to try it. Every time I read a Sofi post I feel even more proud to be part of the journey and know you all really care.

10 Likes

My partner just saw an ad on Facebook for a product called Snift…seems like its something made with plants for mood boosting etc, i dont have the link but if you Google it it does come up. Just thought that you may want to check it out…

4 Likes
6 Likes

Grateful for sharing this. Aromatherapy has a huge history in human health. And with the help of our partner in this we are looking to push a little bit beyond the classics which are here. The “functional” fragrances will sit somewhere between aromatherapy and luxury fragrance as they exist and something more akin to performance enhancement. So it won’t be the usual suspects in terms of olfactory (smell/notes) and effect. But this principle is so good to see in action because usually as consumers this form of “mood modulation” happens with caffein, nicotine, ethanol (alcohol), drugs, sugar … most of which have a legacy health impact. So “positive” perfumes (we need to figure out what to call them) or “functional” fragrances are a new frontier when it comes to mental performance (“focus”) … mental health (“smile”) … physical performance (“energy”) … physical well-being (“restore”) … more on this in 2023! :pray:

10 Likes

Ok maybe a sneak peak … I just received the first variations of the first formulations and we are going to test “focus” ….

13 Likes