What's everybody watching while they can't sleep?

I’m a huge TV/movie nerd and I consume a LOT of visual media as it’s the easiest. We don’t have normal TV channels in our house, we stream everything through the telly instead. I’ve just watched a chilling series about serial killers on Netflix, called Catching Killers.

I’m also watching Snowpiercer, And Just Like That, Ozark and Love is Blind. I’ll basically watch anything if it’s got an interesting concept or story. :smiley:

Any ideas on what to watch next - what are you enjoying?

12 Likes

I love snowpiercer :heart_eyes: have you tried dexter thats a brilliant show :grin:

6 Likes

I have indeed! I enjoyed the new final season - they regained some respect after a terrible end to the show so long ago! Thanks @Aaron. Up for any more if you have them :smiley:

5 Likes

I don’t tend to use screens when I can’t sleep or really at all after 11pm. I find a book helps me switch off more.
But I’m really into you, how to get away with murder, the Witcher and the world according to Jeff goldblum at the moment.

6 Likes

Oooh, @lrakarid, good suggestions there. I agree with you on the screens part, it can keep you awake much longer than you need to. Sometimes though, I just need to get up and do something to tire myself out.

I’ve seen most of those, except How To Get Away With Murder. I was curious about it - what’s it about other than the obvious? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It follows a group of law students who are competing to join their tutors firm.
It follows their lives, loves, loses.
Loads of twists, ups and downs.
I’ve been watching it pretty much non stop at the moment while I totally “work” :joy:

5 Likes

Ah, excellent! I enjoyed Succession too, it sounds a little similar. I shall check it out next, thanks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Have you tried the book of boba fett and the madalorian ?
Star trek discovery and picard aswell are great :grin:

Yes im a big geek :grin::grin:

5 Likes

I’m more into the Star Wars franchise (enjoyed Mando but not BOBF) and have barely gotten into the Star Trek franchise. I love geeks, they’re my fave :smiley:

I have homework to watch HTGAWM so I’ll do that and report back, haha.

5 Likes

I’m the same! Interestingly, if I’m watching TV there’s no chance of me actually falling asleep - I just lack the ability to tune it out and so my brain focuses on every word - but I have found that it’s a good way to feel sleepy enough that I’m then prompted to turn it off.

I think @BrandNewMe commented in a different thread about essentially waiting until you’re at that very edge of exhaustion and sleep to close the book/turn off the light etc. I think it works for me too, although I’m not certain it’s the best “sleep hygiene” for us to have :joy: :sleeping:

But hey, whatever works, works! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Was looking for something so will start on Snowpiercer :grin:thanx

7 Likes

There is definitely something to be said for completely tiring yourself out. Exercise works well for this too. I have been sleeping well since I had children because I’m just exhausted usually, but on the rare occasion my brain is working on overdrive like it has been this past week and I’m just up until 3am. I am a little jetlagged too, so hopefully this passes!

5 Likes

Yea @alexwalkerjones I find that I’ll read until the book is falling from my hands then I out the boom down and turn the light off. Helps me get off to sleep 8 out of 10.

@natascha_mani you it’s a really good show. I need to catch up with it.

4 Likes

Ya me to i like to walk qen i can’t sleep but most nights its to late and cold to gonout on me own

5 Likes

Have you had a go at " Blindspot" yet?
Very entertaining and at times a nail-biter… (plus, quite a few seasons - so if you like it, it can keep you ‘busy’ for a while :rofl:

5 Likes

but… just to state the obvious… binge watching is NOT known to be a good recipe against sleeplessness…

5 Likes

I was indulging in some binge watching last night … I don’t think I’m fully conscious when I’m binge watching. It’s more like a half-awake and half dream state - and I suspect more habitual and part of my night time early morning ritual than say quality content viewing! I’ve always been a fan of some of BBC productions like Night Manager and this one The Tourist seems to have elements of that (I would say not as good as Night Manager which was extremely good and the actors were excellent in their roles) and I think Jamie Dornan has potential as an actor. Can I remember what I watched … not really but I think I liked it till I passed out! Happy weekend all and hope you’re safe and well where ever you are this weekend. :pray:

6 Likes

I agree - I actually just have stuff on that I’m half watching, but not really paying attention to. I’ve started to hatch plans to take over the world while everybody is sleeping. Best time to work. :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks @Kaveh, I’ll look into these! I heard good things about The Tourist too. I don’t know anything about Night Manager so will look into that :smiley:

I am rewatching Pixar classics today as I gear up for my birthday party this evening!

3 Likes

Happy birthday @Sweena !! And so pleased you are here with us on this journey … any big plans tonight or is the weather still celebrating its gentle dominion over the wicked plans of these two legged creatures? Xo

4 Likes