Am I to early in worrying

That’s what is great about Sofi ,they do not rest on just one pod one solution,they keep going forward to help as many sleep deprived pioneers as possible

4 Likes

They do and they go out of their way too, they always reply to questions and offer help when needed, support and sometimes all people need is few kind words, or to know their cries for help don’t fall on deaf ears. Loss of decent sleep affects people I different way, and sleep is needed for the body heal, mentally and physically, I’ve been sleeping g better was better with passiflora thank valerian, but valerian does help, even if its just a few hours sleep, it’s better than none. I have been lucky in finding the trial, and everyone’s feedback is relevant and needed, then they have better idea of what helps and what doesn’t. Let’s hope ashwagandha is helpful to all of us pioneers, I hope so.

6 Likes

Been on the journey with Sofi now for almost a year and thought a few observations mixed with the odd question might help me understand better what if anything has happened in that time. Started with valerian and quite enjoyed most of the 3 pods, although I sometimes had deep sleep it also gave me some quite vivid dreams. Even then I dont think I achieved 4 or 5 hours of untroubled sleep, here is a conundrum. Why even with troubled sleep do I get up in the morning and usually still feel fully refreshed. The same applies to passiflora. Although not a fan of the formula it still had a similar effect. I had top ups of valerian with the same outcome as the first supply but not the same depth of sleep. Second observation. Between pods I slept better than I had in ages and the scary dreaming seemed to go. Any of the early pioneers had similar reactions?
:innocent::sleeping_bed:

3 Likes

Hi @CjaJose, i have been here for over a year now. I didnt get to try any pods until about last autumn, or perhaps September i think, with the Passiflora. Its hard to remember how much I slept then (i wish we could go back and look at our data! perhaps i should have kept a separate record) but I’m pretty sure that it made me more relaxed and i think i slept better and got to sleep earlier.

After S2 i got to try the Valerian pods. I dont think the Valerian did anything for me but i persevered and was given another lot of Valerian after a short break. Again it just didnt make me feel relaxed, if anything less so. I am back to baseline journalling now for a week or so and get the feeling that i am sleeping better than with the Valerian. Just goes to show how different we are!
Im looking forward to see if Ashwagandha will help when we can start S3.

I have a smart watch since November and can see that i have less deep and REM sleep than most people. Do you have a watch that measures your deep and REM sleep? Mind you i dont know how accurate they are for the different types of sleep but mine seems quite good for total sleep time.

I do love a good dream (dreams seem more interesting than real life now i am retired!). Im looking forward to trying hops at some point, which i think have been mentioned somewhere as being in the pipeline - i remember years ago trying one of those herbal sleep aid pills that contained hops and had some pretty interesting dreams on that! Something to look forward to at night-time :sleeping:

Hoping that you find the next phase helpful. Great that you feel refreshed in the morning even after less than optimum hours. When i wake up i feel permanently knackered and half expect to see tyre marks across my duvet :grin:

5 Likes

Hi @drmudlark , no I don’t have a smartwatch, but not sure they are more accurate than our brains. I tend to know how crap my sleeping has been without AI telling me. Sorry the valerian didn’t seem to work for you but somewhere along the line magic could happen. Who knows it could be the next phase. Here’s hoping. All the best for the future.
:innocent::sleeping_bed:

6 Likes

I am so looking forward to being included in phase 3 and seeing how ashwagandha can help with my sleep. I have no problem falling asleep, but every morning between 1.30-2.30….it’s ping and I’m wide awake. It can take 2-3hrs for me to fall asleep again. I’ve started taking magnesium citrate to see if it will help short term. Roll on mid March!

6 Likes

The new platform that’s coming out will deliver not just the ashwagandha but also valerian and passiflora and the next plant which is hops! So once the new generation is in your hands we are hoping to keep you active constantly from plant to plant @jacquij2010@alexwalkerjones can I check that @jacquij2010 is also receiving the new wave of sofi pods? :heart::pray:

5 Likes

Hi……hopefully I’ll receive the new pods….I’ve been faithfully logging my sleep activity for near on 130 days! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes