Any app issues?

Hey @CjaJose
Basically there’s a 2.5.0 version in the store while v.2.5.1 is updated over the air once you download the store version. So I guess yours should be updated shortly. We’ll consider pushing 2.5.1 to the store considering it has a critical fix. Thanks again for sharing this!

2 Likes

Hi @CjaJose
We’ve just released v2.5.3 for Android. Could you please help us in testing?

Would be ideal if you could:

1. Delete the app
  2. Install the app
  3. Wait for it to update to v.2.5.3 (you’ll usually see a white blink)
  4. Try to complete the calm journal and tell us if your app crashes :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 Likes

Hi @Kirill, deleted as requested, downloaded from Play Store, still showing as v2.5 on phone but then rebooted phone to refresh. Came back up in app as 2.5.3! Can’t journal again until early tomorrow but signs are good. Take a look at screen recording as don’t see a problem as is. Hope this helps.
Should sleep well tonight, Colin.
:+1::sleeping_bed::sleeping:

2 Likes

Morning @Kirill, app 2.5 3 seems to be behaving well. No crashes, bubbles responding and emotions screen fine. Nice work :clap:
Colin

3 Likes

Awesome work @mathiassilva4 and @Kirill and always grateful to our patient Pioneers for being on top of this @CjaJose (Thx Colin)!! :pray:

3 Likes

No, didn’t work for me

3 Likes

Hi @rhiannonchaffer, thanks so much for letting us know. What exactly is the problem you’re experiencing? We will work to get it sorted ASAP :blush: :pray:

2 Likes

The app constantly crashes, the latest update seems to have caused countless problems that didn’t exist before. The whole system is a mess, asking for data about your sleep but giving no scope for compiling it accurately. I’m close to giving up on SoFi…9 months and still not one single “Pioneer Pack”, just a lot of wasted time. So frustrating

4 Likes

Totally hear your frustration, Rhiannon. Currently we are working to support over 450 device types, and so it can be a process of trial and error, and solving issues as we go, until we get it just right.

Thus far we have only had three total reports of crashes occurring due to the latest update (yours included) and we will do everything we can to resolve it alongside your feedback. Tagging @Kirill so we can make sure we are asking the best questions to release as patch for you ASAP.

P.S. today these beauties all made it into the mail!

6 Likes

Hi @rhiannonchaffer
Please let me know what part of the app doesn’t work for you/where the crash happens and we’ll try to resolve as soon as possible!

2 Likes

Don’t let the teething problems get to you @rhiannonchaffer, I have had all sort of problems with the app updates but thanks to @Kirill ,@kaveh @alexwalkerjones and all of the others at sofi working their butts off we will get there. Give them as much info as you can for them to help you through this. Good luck.
:crazy_face::sleeping_bed::sleeping:

5 Likes

You know we are always super grateful for the feedback @rhiannonchaffer and if at any point you feel being a Pioneer causes you more distress than help please take a break. We are building sofi together and she will have teething issues most of the time till the end of this year. We can always pause and re-enlist you when the system is more stable around S3 or later. But I know that sofi refill packs and brands new starter kits for S2 are being shipped this week and next. So let us know for sure if you want to continue or wait. As always super grateful for all feedbsck and the team are always here to support you (and your device) over the line if you wish to continue. :pray:

4 Likes

Enjoyed the experience @Kaveh, always happy to be able to help.
:innocent::sleeping_bed::sleeping:

5 Likes

I know this sounds a strange thing to say @rhiannonchaffer but members like you are probably the most valuable because you are exposing potential issues in the app to help future users

4 Likes

Well i should hope so because it sounds like they need the help! Not that I’m sure I’m willing to help out much longer with something that’s starting to take a lot of time for absolutely no gain to myself, especially sleepwise which was the whole reason for signing up to this strange experiment 9 months ago and still no sign of anything to actually test out :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I totally appreciate your time and grateful for your patience. I find myself sometimes incredibly impatient with how long it takes us to do things. Most of the time it’s a product of resources. Some of the time it is product of long lead times on components (some of our parts take 45 weeks to order). We have been mapping out how to improve it and it has to do mostly with working capital (like buying 90 weeks of the missing component) … but of course as we are doing this for the first cycle of development these delays always inflict the speed with which we can roll out the next medicinal plant. We have mapped our timelines until S8 which takes us to Nov.23 and what I can share is that once we have all pioneers on the proper generation of the sofi stick (S3 onwards - rechargeable lithium cell USB-C) we will get to a phase where we are testing a medicinal plant together every 8 weeks. Until then the vagaries of the global supply chain, plant harvests and first time ever building the platform means we are sluggish with our sofi :pray:

5 Likes

Thanks for your transparency @Kaveh it’s helpful if we can understand why things take longer.

5 Likes

Hi, my app seems to be working ok.

5 Likes

It seems to be making me double journal on my tablet… first for the bubbles, then for the sleep time.

4 Likes

Hi @BrandNewMe, that’s interesting to hear, and I wonder if it’s a tablet thing. I often receive both the sleep journal and bubbles in one daily journal though (it just depends), but are you saying that you’re receiving both twice?

3 Likes