Sofi update making App crash

I was told sofi needed an update via Play Store. Did update and now sofi just continually crashes and closes. Anyone else got the same problem?

7 Likes

Yes, i just posted on another thread on App problems. Just updating doesnt work and it wont stay open more than a few seconds. You need to uninstall your current app and then install the new one.

At least that worked for me so i suggest you give that a try :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

My app is crashing before and after update will not let me journal
IAM sure Sofi are on it already

4 Likes

I have had to uninstall and install. Now I have had to change my password. Can get on here but cannot find how to log sprays etc. Probably best, as you say, to be patient and wait for guidance.

4 Likes

Hope it gets sorted soon. Wish I hadn’t updated the app.

4 Likes

Hi @chris.king5 , i dont know much but i was trying to help in case the team are on their time off (weekend).
I found that updating as we were requested caused the crashing so i went back to play store and started from scratch by searching for Sofi after uninstalling my existing App. Im sorry that doesnt seem to have worked for @dcm.leeds in as far as being able to log sprays.

I am curious as to how you can get on here if your app is crashing. Do you have other versions of sofi installed?

I suppose that might be a problem BUT im not suggesting you get rid of that too at the moment as i would hate you to be cut off because of my suggestion, although i am pretty sure that you will be able to install ok from play store.
I hope that one of the team will be able to help you and dcm shortly. I can imagine your frustration :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Hi I don’t think there is another way

5 Likes

Another way? To …?
Im sorry, i dont understand what you mean.

Maybe someone like @Kaveh can help so I’ve tagged him.

5 Likes

Ive had no probelms with the update, but if you delete the app then go to play store and download it, thy may help

4 Likes

I am having the same problem, but will wait as you say in case i lose all my journal.

3 Likes

The app is constantly saying it needs permissions to continue. I have enabled all permissions and it still continues to put up messages saying you need to enable permissions. It will not pair with my sofi stick again because it says permissions to pair using bluetooth is disabled. It isn’t. Getting a bit frustrated but hopefully Monday will bring some solutions from the sofi IT team. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

I’ve deleted the app and loaded again and it still won’t let me log my sleep.

2 Likes

I can’t download update at all. Deleted app and then tried to download afresh. Still got the update page so cannot continue with my journal.

4 Likes

Same issues here too

4 Likes

Hi Aaron, i hope you and the others all get sorted tomorrow. Like Manuel in Fawlty Towers, i know nuuuthing, but will try to explain what i did more carefully just in case it might help.
As i said before or in another thread about the app problems, it was the Update request that caused me the crashing problem. After i had uninstalled my Sofi app I went to Google play store and searched for ‘sofi health’.
Fortunately in my case there was no mention at this point of the pesky 'update ’ so i just installed the app i found for sofi health.
Perhaps i have been luckier than most as all is working ok for me (apart from manual spray) and i can journal as before. Just the ‘finish’ button is uncooperative and has to be pushed many times, along with some mild cursing, but it does get there in the end.

Anyway, Monday tomorrow and the helpful team will be about. I do hope you all find success tomorrow. Perhaps if you make a note of your missing journal entries the team may be able to add them to the sofi Brain?

Wishing you all a good sleep :bed: :zzz:

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Just touched base with Mathias from dev. Indeed, the problem was caused because of new permissions required in the latest android versions (12 & 13).

Basically, for all Android users with plant pods connected when the app updated, it tried to scan for a bluetooth device without permission to do so, which in Android with these versions it caused the app to crash.

We have since released a code push in order to fix this problem and so user permission may be required for nearby devices.

To grant the app permission to use your Bluetooth and connect to your plants, head to: General settings > Apps > Sofi > Permissions > Nearby devices

iPhone users may have been affected also, but they should have automatically returned to normal by now. Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing any issues. Thank you for you patience, never a dull moment! :pray: :blush:

3 Likes

I have done this but it is still putting up the message every time I open the app. Location is enabled but it doesn’t recognise this.

3 Likes

Hmm @dcm.leeds, I will tag @Kirill and @mathiassilva4 here for some support.

3 Likes

Thanks. It has been a frustrating weekend.

4 Likes

Mine let me journal this morning so hopefully the app is good now

5 Likes