Looking so old šŸ˜±

Today made me feel so sad :disappointed:ā€¦a new work colleague made a comment about the bags under my eyes and asked my age ā€¦I said my age is 41 and they looked so shocked ā€¦ not in a good way.
The bags under my eyes are so big now ,itā€™s aged me so much!!
I think when I was younger my body healed better and I got away with itā€¦I look so dreadfully old ā€¦this is because I donā€™t sleep Iā€™m sure.
If I had money I would have surgeryā€¦Iā€™m feeling so down today ā€¦and again Iā€™m wide awake :alarm_clock: alarm set for 540a.m :unamused:

9 Likes

Hello Kat,
This is very sad to read. I do hope your days will look brighter again soon!!!
I have not very much to say here, just this: donā€™t define WHO you are by a number, or by comments by others. Just try to feel as young or old as you want and live life accordingly. Donā€™t let others dictate how you feel - if that is possible (and yes, I know that is an awful lot of work to get thereā€¦!!)
This community here is great because:
. it uplifts others when someone is in need
. it provides advise and input
. it is alive because of many amazing individuals just like you - each and everyone contributing in their own way.
. you never really know what the next comment might be about.

I wish you a fabulous day ahead!!!

4 Likes

Oh I do feel for you as I know that exact feeling. Iā€™m still 18 in my head space but my body feels ready for the knackers yard! I can ā€œsleepā€ for hours but it just feels like a complete waste of time as when I wake up I feel like Iā€™ve only just gone to sleep and am exhausted :weary: Stick with it poppet, hold your head up high and just keep counting your blessings, I always tell myself ā€œthere is always someone worse off than meā€¦ā€

8 Likes

Feel for you Iā€™ve been told my eyes look like walnuts which I just laughed at I have found that laughter is a deflector to negative comments hope you feel happy again soon

5 Likes

Our few perfections and our many imperfections make us who we are, bags and all @kat . I know we would all agreed that the world is better and richer for having a @kat in it. Get some rest - even if it is with eyes wide open xo

2 Likes

Thanks everyone :relaxed:ā€¦Great advice .I wish I didnā€™t spend so much time worrying about other peopleā€™s opinions .This must seem very trivial to many people .
Anyway today Iā€™m feeling a little more positive and hoping for good day :sparkles: :pray:

7 Likes

I know how you feel @kat I used to always worry what others think. But this year I try and so far it works(still early days :rofl:)I say to myself just let it go šŸ¤·and it makes me feel better. People who make others feel bad have plenty wrong with them themselves. :heart:

5 Likes

Hey I really do empathise with you. I think it is my familyā€™s genes as my nana(mumā€™s mum) had major bags under her eyes. My mum hasnā€™t but I have. I think with the sleepless nights plus genes. But as the other comment said donā€™t ket a number define you. Iā€™m 43 and had bags under eyes since I can remember. You are gorgeous.

7 Likes

Thank you so much ,means alot :heartbeat: xx

4 Likes

Firstly can I say you donā€™t look old, and you have a lovely smile,the best way to treat people like your work colleague is with kindness she mush have very low self-confidence to want to make others feel bad,so keep smiling and tell her you have bags under your eyes becomes you are living your best life :blush:

8 Likes

I think Iā€™m feeling low this week ā€¦its been a stressful week at work and I donā€™t sleep
( obviously you guys can relate)
My reserves are spent and I think Iā€™m super sensitive anyway.
I think mentally Iā€™m not coping with every day situations ā€¦if I could just sleep for 6 hours in a row :sleeping: it would help.me so much ā€¦
I thank u all so much for your kind words :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Have an awesome day Kat! Hope you managed some rest and feeling more recharged. :pray:

3 Likes

Iā€™m 48, feel 28, look 58. Iā€™m past caring.

7 Likes

We got you girl. Here in your wee family you can say whatever is bothering you and they are all lovely. We know what you are going through maybe that helps. We are slowly here for each other and to help especially on bad days. Xx

9 Likes

Your beautiful, everyone is. These people donā€™t understand how hard and exhausting it is, to be permanently sleep deprived. I believe you shoukd always be nice or say nothing because you donā€™t know what the other person is dealing with in there life.

6 Likes

Hello @kat
Just wanted to quickly check in to see how you are doing? Hope life has been a bit less stressful for you and that you finally got some good quality sleep!
Looking forward to reading you again soon in the Treehouse

6 Likes

Hi have u tried buying cumcur and wenbu buy it leaven it for about 2 days in ur fridge then slice it an put in on ur eyes and then after about 5days u will notice a difference i use it to hide the same thing no sleep coz of not being able to sleep

4 Likes

BUBBLES TO THEM! dont let others make you feel bad about yourself - they are putting their own insecurities over onto you! Bubbles to them

5 Likes

Hi thanks for checking on me Laurent .Iā€™m ok ā€¦sleep is hit and miss but thats the norm for me .Hope your well .I am trying to practice gratitude and mindfulness daily and that is helping :pray: :raised_hands: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip :+1: think I need surgery to be honest but will definitely give that a go xx

4 Likes